MLG people

Ok, one thing I’m sick of seeing is all the MLG people asking to help 343i with the game…If you want to help go submit a job application…343i I really hope you don’t listen to them about this because they’re just making excuses so they can play the game early …If anything, everyone should get it like an open beta just to be fair.

What do you think of this situation?

By the way, I do support MLG just not “this”.

> Ok, one thing I’m sick of seeing is all the MLG people asking to help 343i with the game…If you want to help go submit a job application…343i I really hope you don’t listen to them about this because they’re just making excuses so they can play the game early …If anything, everyone should get it like an open beta just to be fair.
>
> What do you think of this situation?
>
> By the way, I do support MLG just not “this”.

mlg pros should be allowed to voice their opinion.
-they konw what works and what doesn’t
-they’re probably better at balancing weapons too

this could help make halo 4 actually fun to play.

> > Ok, one thing I’m sick of seeing is all the MLG people asking to help 343i with the game…If you want to help go submit a job application…343i I really hope you don’t listen to them about this because they’re just making excuses so they can play the game early …If anything, everyone should get it like an open beta just to be fair.
> >
> > What do you think of this situation?
> >
> > By the way, I do support MLG just not “this”.
>
> mlg pros should be allowed to voice their opinion.
> -they konw what works and what doesn’t
> -they’re probably better at balancing weapons too

MLG Pros in my opinion should be allowed, not just regular MLG players though.

And to the OP, I think people mean the actual MLG corporation, not us, the players. But I think Sundance (The owner of MLG) said somewhere that MLG is working with 343 to help make it.

When someone talks about this they mean the higher-ups in MLG, not individual players just testing out the game.

They want MLG as a company/organization to have a little say in the development. This doesn’t mean making everything BR starts and completely stripping down the game. It’s about having the options and mechanics necessary to be able to craft the game to they way they want to play.

me and a buddy just started playing hardcore mlg and we’re loving it how balanced everything is… Picking up armor abilities and no sword or shotgun -Yoink-… Ya sure there is a lot of guys that are amazing at and we’re not that good yet but thats mlg lol…

> When someone talks about this they mean the higher-ups in MLG, not individual players just testing out the game.
>
> They want MLG as a company/organization to have a little say in the development. This doesn’t mean making everything BR starts and completely stripping down the game. It’s about having the options and mechanics necessary to be able to craft the game to they way they want to play.

Please read everyone. You have a false misconception of the MLG community if you believe that we don’t want anything other than BR’s.

Let them. They have competitiveness in mind and not nonsense. By them I mean Pro’s.

I haven’t really seen this going on. I don’t particularly like MLG, or the people that play it, but I have no problem with the actual organization giving suggestions to 343i.

MLG working with 343i is the best thing to happen to Halo since Halo 2 came out.

Very true.
MLG needs to keep their hands off the game until it’s released. Then they can have their own little playlist to tear apart and leave the rest of us more traditional Halo players alone. They ruined the Ann. Playlist and they don’t need to ruin any thing else.
I also have no issue with MLG players or the sport itself, in fact I enjoy watching and sometime playing with some of the pro players and the gametype. But they should not mess with the initial gameplay of a Halo game.

So…you would rather have the game be untested by MLG and have everyone go through H2 1.5/Reach 1.5 and have to wait for a TU AGAIN for the game to be competitively sound instead of MLG being able to influence the competitive settings out of the box and get it right the first time? Not trying to be a -Yoink- here, but NOBODY in the community wants to go through another pre-patch Reach or pre-patch H2 again if we want a more united community we need to be able to cooperate with each other on game settings so maybe we can strike a balance that works for everyone.

Everybody is just focusing on the 4v4 competitive side of halo 4. Halo 4 can be so much more diverse and exciting on everything else if they keep a lot of things from previose games. Especially in the customisation of Reach.

I do agree that armour abilities and loudouts should be taken away from 4v4 competitive playlists but everything else like big-team can really benefit from it.

> > Ok, one thing I’m sick of seeing is all the MLG people asking to help 343i with the game…If you want to help go submit a job application…343i I really hope you don’t listen to them about this because they’re just making excuses so they can play the game early …If anything, everyone should get it like an open beta just to be fair.
> >
> > What do you think of this situation?
> >
> > By the way, I do support MLG just not “this”.
>
> mlg pros should be allowed to voice their opinion.
> -they konw what works and what doesn’t
> -they’re probably better at balancing weapons too
>
> this could help make halo 4 actually fun to play.

The best Halo games weren’t balanced.

343 has a in hpuse beta only with a few friends and trusted people …

MLG pros helping 343 with MLG stuff sounds fine to me…

Why can’t they just “test” the game in an open beta…Not like it’s going to change anything if it’s closed or w/e…I just want it to be fair for all of us is all. Halo doesn’t revolve around “them” by the way.

> Why can’t they just “test” the game in an open beta…Not like it’s going to change anything if it’s closed or w/e…I just want it to be fair for all of us is all. Halo doesn’t revolve around “them” by the way.

Beta’s take a lot of man hours and resources to pull off (especially when one isn’t in the works). Personally, I’m OK without the beta and would rather see the time and effort spent on making the game better.

I’d be shocked if MLG don’t beta test it to be honest. They’ve beta tested Halo 2 and 3. Not sure about Reach.

When I say MLG, I mean the professional players, staff and friends. Not the community.

Now whether their feedback means much to 343i is another story.

MLG players are only concerned about playing MLG, not playing Halo. They’re a niche group that will always alter the settings on what they have in order to suit their playlist.

MLG players do not have more authority or more “rights” to a videogame then any other player does and to think they do is an insult to every other gamer.

> I’d be shocked if MLG don’t beta test it to be honest. They’ve beta tested Halo 2 and 3. Not sure about Reach.
>
> When I say MLG, I mean the professional players, staff and friends. Not the community.
>
> Now whether their feedback means much to 343i is another story.

Hysteria and Elamite* played one game of FFA on Zealot pre-Beta at PAX or something. That was the only testing done on Halo: Reach by someone affiliated with MLG, and I think it hardly qualifies as sufficient testing.

*not sure if it was Elamite, but I am sure about Hysteria and one other pro.

> MLG players are only concerned about playing MLG, not playing Halo. They’re a niche group that will always alter the settings on what they have in order to suit their playlist.
>
> MLG players do not have more authority or more “rights” to a videogame then any other player does and to think they do is an insult to every other gamer.

All we want is a balanced and consistent game. The past two games didn’t provide that through the default settings/maps/sandbox. Those are the only reasons why we changed the settings. Get 343 to produce a fast paced game with a consistent utility weapon, balanced spawns and maps, and a useful and skillful sandbox and MLG won’t be required to alter the settings.