mlg HATERS. Please take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTFqGbgK3Us

This video is just a taste of how MLG is more than just “a small niche community”.

P.S Last part of the video, in response to Reach not being in further events (I wonder why)

You guys think we WANT the whole game for ourselves, and to change the core, but that is not the case. We just want Halo. Halo is a game that casual players can play and Competitive players can play for fun (non-MLG gametypes) and all have a good time and where competitive settings are tweaked (not drastically changed). The marketing decision that 343 is going for will only attract first day sales and will not be a game that will be played long after it is purchased. The people who are supporting these radical changes to halo are those who will find themselves raging at the unnecessary gimmicks that are being implemented. Sure it may attract some COD players, but like all COD players, they will leave once their beloved yearly title is released and what is left are heart-broken halo fans yearning for the old halo that is lost. One statistic to keep in mind, Halo Reach’s core game catered towards you “casuals” so then why are both the casual and competitive communities thin in numbers? Don’t give me that Call of duty or Battlefield bull -Yoink-, if Halo was the way it should be there should at least be massive amounts of casuals playing halo right now, but there aren’t because the core game play scared everyone away. Is this really what you guys are fighting for? What looks shiny on paper is not always what it is cut out to be. And my god, the bias and stereotypes on MLG players are astonishing so please with the ignorance if you don’t know what you are talking about.

Truth hurts. =,(

agreed

> Truth hurts. =,(

Yes it does. Sadly I don’t see much being done at this point, and pretty soon the game will be ready for production. However, spreading the truth to quell ignorance is never a wrong path to take, even if all hope seems to be lost.

Ummm ew i bet it reeked in there…

…MLG Players playing a game enthusiastically, that’s what I saw. Some of y’all are trying to force your redundant nostalgic view on those that don’t want nothing of it. Also, there are a lot of radical conservatives that act like -yoinks- and act Superior. It gets annoying. Also the face of mlg is being shrouded by little kids yelling lvl me, or I play mlg you suck har har, etc, and immaturity. Yeah, competitive and casual definitely can exist together. Nonetheless, I say wait for the game to come out, because you honestly don’t know entirely how things will play out.

I have a blast with Reach (as of all the other halo games) and sorry bungie couldn’t please everyone. Not saying thee isn’t any bias with Mlg…

Short clips from an event? How about the everyday gamer who plays for fun and not bragging rights? I wanna see that video because it is what keeps Halo going not random tourneys.

> > Truth hurts. =,(
>
> Yes it does. Sadly I don’t see much being done at this point, and pretty soon the game will be ready for production. However, spreading the truth to quell ignorance is never a wrong path to take, even if all hope seems to be lost.

I wasn’t arguing, i was jokingly displaying the anti-mlg’s best arguments. :stuck_out_tongue:

> …MLG Players playing a game enthusiastically, that’s what I saw. Some of y’all are trying to force your redundant nostalgic view on those that don’t want nothing of it. Also, there are a lot of radical conservatives that act like -yoinks- and act Superior. It gets annoying. Also the face of mlg is being shrouded by little kids yelling lvl me, or I play mlg you suck har har, etc, and immaturity. Yeah, competitive and casual definitely can exist together. Nonetheless, I say wait for the game to come out, because you honestly don’t know entirely how things will play out.
>
> I have a blast with Reach (as of all the other halo games) and sorry bungie couldn’t please everyone. Not saying thee isn’t any bias with Mlg…

I remember just as many lvl 30’s t-bagging and talking trash as level 50’s. It’s not the mlg community in itself. It’s just the 12 year old gaming community. It’s the same on cod and it is as non-competitive as they come. I don’t see how you can base the argument on that.

edit: In all honesty, i can’t remember any other gametype that i heard so many respectful “good games” in.

> Short clips from an event? How about the everyday gamer who plays for fun and not bragging rights? I wanna see that video because it is what keeps Halo going not random tourneys.

Amen.

> …MLG Players playing a game enthusiastically, that’s what I saw. Some of y’all are trying to force your redundant nostalgic view on those that don’t want nothing of it. Also, there are a lot of radical conservatives that act like -yoinks- and act Superior. It gets annoying. Also the face of mlg is being shrouded by little kids yelling lvl me, or I play mlg you suck har har, etc, and immaturity. Yeah, competitive and casual definitely can exist together. Nonetheless, I say wait for the game to come out, because you honestly don’t know entirely how things will play out.
>
> I have a blast with Reach (as of all the other halo games) and sorry bungie couldn’t please everyone. Not saying thee isn’t any bias with Mlg…

i played h1 “casualy” and prefered it the most. just slayin

> > …MLG Players playing a game enthusiastically, that’s what I saw. Some of y’all are trying to force your redundant nostalgic view on those that don’t want nothing of it. Also, there are a lot of radical conservatives that act like -yoinks- and act Superior. It gets annoying. Also the face of mlg is being shrouded by little kids yelling lvl me, or I play mlg you suck har har, etc, and immaturity. Yeah, competitive and casual definitely can exist together. Nonetheless, I say wait for the game to come out, because you honestly don’t know entirely how things will play out.
> >
> > I have a blast with Reach (as of all the other halo games) and sorry bungie couldn’t please everyone. Not saying thee isn’t any bias with Mlg…
>
> i played h1 “casualy” and prefered it the most. just slayin

Nothing wrong with that.

> > > Truth hurts. =,(
> >
> > Yes it does. Sadly I don’t see much being done at this point, and pretty soon the game will be ready for production. However, spreading the truth to quell ignorance is never a wrong path to take, even if all hope seems to be lost.
>
> I wasn’t arguing, i was jokingly displaying the anti-mlg’s best arguments. :stuck_out_tongue:

MLG is a facade. The players in the brackets are not the issue what is are the community that breaths hate and the organization that takes a game and literally guts it to fit a very very specific gamestyle rather than playing the game as vanilla. Stats never mattered in Halo CE but with the introduction of rank and stats in Halo 2 the -Yoink- storm began and the community segmented. Organized gaming or organizations that put themselves in gameing are for me annoying and a cancer to the industry and community. Competition is fine but its gotten past that.

For all I care MLG can die in a fire in a dark alleyway for what it turned parts of the community into over time. Let the game be for playing to enjoy oneself and yes that can be playing to win. Further than that with all the ego tripping and e-peen stroking players lost what the whole point of the game was and that is entertainment.

Typical responses. Nice post OP.

So how did this explain how MLG is a “greater part” of Halo?

> Short clips from an event? How about the everyday gamer who plays for fun and not bragging rights? I wanna see that video because it is what keeps Halo going not random tourneys.

Because we don’t play for fun, right?

>

I have never ran into an mlg kid that yells “1v1 me”. I feel like casual players just like to throw that argument because they have no other ways to knock mlg

> > > > Truth hurts. =,(
> > >
> > > Yes it does. Sadly I don’t see much being done at this point, and pretty soon the game will be ready for production. However, spreading the truth to quell ignorance is never a wrong path to take, even if all hope seems to be lost.
> >
> > I wasn’t arguing, i was jokingly displaying the anti-mlg’s best arguments. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> MLG is a facade. The players in the brackets are not the issue what is are the community that breaths hate and the organization that takes a game and literally guts it to fit a very very specific gamestyle rather than playing the game as vanilla. Stats never mattered in Halo CE but with the introduction of rank and stats in Halo 2 the Yoink! storm began and the community segmented. Organized gaming or organizations that put themselves in gameing are for me annoying and a cancer to the industry and community. Competition is fine but its gotten past that.
>
>
> for all I care MLG can die in a fire in a dark alleyway for what it turned parts of the community into over time.

So, you don’t want halo to be a competitive game because you don’t like playing competitive players. I want halo to be competitive with a ranking system so i don’t have to play casuals.

> > Short clips from an event? How about the everyday gamer who plays for fun and not bragging rights? I wanna see that video because it is what keeps Halo going not random tourneys.
>
> Because we don’t play for fun, right?

Fun is an opinion. When someone else’s fun interferes and ruining other experiences than an issue arises. Play to win ,play for laughs, play how ever you want its what the organization and MLG community or wannabees turned the online experience into which is gross.

> > > Short clips from an event? How about the everyday gamer who plays for fun and not bragging rights? I wanna see that video because it is what keeps Halo going not random tourneys.
> >
> > Because we don’t play for fun, right?
>
> Fun is an opinion. When someone else’s fun interferes and ruining other experiences than an issue arises. Play to win ,play for laughs, play how ever you want its what the organization and MLG community or wannabees turned the online experience into which is gross.

I have never been trash talked in the MLG playlist unless I have instigated it (which I did a lot in H3). I have been trash talked 10000 times more in “casual” playlists. When I gave the MLG community a chance last year, I came to realize that they are a more accepting and overall nicer community than the the “casual” community.