MLG Forgers Fail

At least half of the MLG maps made so far have huge gaping holes in the kill barriers. Redemption, Nexus, Warlock, Sanctuary, Android and more. So me and by friend Porpo decided to go into Android on Gamebattles and embarrass MLG a little bit. :3

I mean really? Who actually forges these maps and why don’t they know how to use safe boundaries, or at least place the kill barriers in decently so as there aren’t gaping holes.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users.

>

We ruin Halo, really? I got this game in September, and have only matched up with other hiders once. I don’t see how so few games can ruin a game. I think you’re exaggerating a little, well, a lot.

Nope. Because people do not want to deal with that kind of crap. Even ONE time is too many. I think people who take advantage of forge mistakes should be counted as cheaters and banned. Sorry.

MLG has done a terrible job of handling Reach since they picked it up. I can’t say I’m surprised that they’ve implemented broken maps.

>

A loser and an idiot would simply keep these exploits private and continue to abuse them.

OP has instead chosen to raise awareness of these exploits, which has two effects: allowing people to know how they are performed, so that they may locate and kill exploiters; and allowing 343 and the map authors to potentially notice this thread and fix the map issues. These are both beneficial to the community, and if you despise map exploits so much, then you should be thanking the OP, not condemning them.

I actually find it fun looking for hiders, even if they go out of the map and junk. Sadly the only time I get to really play hide and seek in MM is in Big Team when the majority of the other team quits.

Btw, nice video. I enjoyed it.

This would probably be noticed quicker and serve more of a purpose at MLG’s website.

It is kinda funny to MLG but forge does give a limit on killzones

> >
>
> A loser and an idiot would simply keep these exploits private and continue to abuse them.
>
> OP has instead chosen to raise awareness of these exploits, which has two effects: allowing people to know how they are performed, so that they may locate and kill exploiters; and allowing 343 and the map authors to potentially notice this thread and fix the map issues. These are both beneficial to the community, and if you despise map exploits so much, then you should be thanking the OP, not condemning them.

You got a point there. Although they did patch one of our methods before on Redemption, but still managed to leave another 7 ways to get out of the map.

Because MLG doesn’t care about Halo anymore, what did you expect?

Since SC2, they just throw in whatever is easiest and then blame the community when the gametypes suck. Not even joking… Sundance (MLG’s CEO) actually made a big rant post on the front page about how it’s the community’s fault for the state of Halo.

> Because MLG doesn’t care about Halo anymore, what did you expect?
>
> Since SC2, they just throw in whatever is easiest and then blame the community when the gametypes suck. Not even joking… Sundance (MLG’s CEO) actually made a big rant post on the front page about how it’s the community’s fault for the state of Halo.

Can I get a link? But, psh! Yea, it’s the community’s fault Bungie made Reach the way it is. rollseyes

Anyway, they’re extremely talented forgers, but every forger seems to lack a bit of common sense when it comes to placing killzones tbh… odd, really. The use of hard safe zones really needs to be promoted more.

MLG has the best forgers and map designers. Their maps are suitable for all game modes and should be in other matchmaking playlists. and honestly the other forge maps in matchmaking have way more exploits.

The problem on android was fixed last I heard.

Besides the MLG population wont be using those exploits because they’re illegal at events anyway and people are using the playlist as practice.

> It is kinda funny to MLG but forge does give a limit on killzones

A single safe zone placed around the map would serve the same purpose…

> > It is kinda funny to MLG but forge does give a limit on killzones
>
> A single safe zone placed around the map would serve the same purpose…

I think this map did have one, but it’s soft, so pretty much pointless.

> MLG has the best forgers and map designers. Their maps are suitable for all game modes and should be in other matchmaking playlists. and honestly the other forge maps in matchmaking have way more exploits.

oh?
then how come MLG aren’t payed to design good maps for other games since they know what they are doing…?

honestly, MLG don’t have that many good forgers, the spawns are terrible because they a deliberately set up in a way that makes it easy for players to spawn trap and kill the other team

the killzones don’t work to well either since the maps are easily breakable and you can see this while look at the killzones in forge, i myself am always finding stops on other peoples maps in-progress that would be easy to escape and they never spot them when they aren’t hard to find.

the map designs themselves are just to open with little cover, there isn’t really any flow to them and provide to few options for players to use, all they really are is just rush the certain areas and stay in that general area but this seems to be what the MLG community likes.

> > > It is kinda funny to MLG but forge does give a limit on killzones
> >
> > A single safe zone placed around the map would serve the same purpose…
>
> I think this map did have one, but it’s soft, so pretty much pointless.

without that soft safe you could completely leave the map and go anywhere you like on forgeword so i would say they are usefull at keep players within the bounds of the map as long as you set those bounds right.

soft safe and hard safe depend on the map though.

> > MLG has the best forgers and map designers. Their maps are suitable for all game modes and should be in other matchmaking playlists. and honestly the other forge maps in matchmaking have way more exploits.
>
> oh?
> then how come MLG aren’t payed to design good maps for other games since they know what they are doing…?
>
> honestly, MLG don’t have that many good forgers, the spawns are terrible because they a deliberately set up in a way that makes it easy for players to spawn trap and kill the other team
>
> the killzones don’t work to well either since the maps are easily breakable and you can see this while look at the killzones in forge, i myself am always finding stops on other peoples maps in-progress that would be easy to escape and they never spot them when they aren’t hard to find.
>
> the map designs themselves are just to open with little cover, there isn’t really any flow to them and provide to few options for players to use, all they really are is just rush the certain areas and stay in that general area but this seems to be what the MLG community likes.

A large number of the MLG forgers already have jobs or are going to school to get jobs in the multiplayer design field actually, so they know their salt.

The spawns? Well you can blame reach for that, you can only forge a map so well till your at the mercy of the terrible spawn system.

There are limitations to what you can do with killzones and honestly there are more exploits on default bungie maps. Stop being negligent and actually learn what your trying to say before spouting garbage just because you don’t like something.

Also MLG forgers are in no way a part of MLG besides being part of a community.

> > > MLG has the best forgers and map designers. Their maps are suitable for all game modes and should be in other matchmaking playlists. and honestly the other forge maps in matchmaking have way more exploits.
> >
> > oh?
> > then how come MLG aren’t payed to design good maps for other games since they know what they are doing…?
> >
> > honestly, MLG don’t have that many good forgers, the spawns are terrible because they a deliberately set up in a way that makes it easy for players to spawn trap and kill the other team
> >
> > the killzones don’t work to well either since the maps are easily breakable and you can see this while look at the killzones in forge, i myself am always finding stops on other peoples maps in-progress that would be easy to escape and they never spot them when they aren’t hard to find.
> >
> > the map designs themselves are just to open with little cover, there isn’t really any flow to them and provide to few options for players to use, all they really are is just rush the certain areas and stay in that general area but this seems to be what the MLG community likes.
>
> A large number of the MLG forgers already have jobs or are going to school to get jobs in the multiplayer design field actually, so they know their salt.

if they are learning then they don’t know their “salt” since, well, they are still learning it… if they already knew there “salt” then they wouldn’t be going to school and would actually be look for jobs in the field while forging as a general hobby.

> The spawns? Well you can blame reach for that, you can only forge a map so well till your at the mercy of the terrible spawn system.

oh right, so it isn’t the forgers fault that forces the players to spawn in area’s because of poor spawn placements and poor use of respawn zones along with bad map design allowing players to overlook a tone of the spawns to block them from 1 or 2 locations?
right…, totally the games fault /sarcasm

> There are limitations to what you can do with killzones and honestly there are more exploits on default bungie maps. Stop being negligent and actually learn what your trying to say before spouting garbage just because you don’t like something.

it’s limiting because of the amount you have but you are provided with enough killzones + safezones to prevent players from leaving the map.

> Also MLG forgers are in no way a part of MLG besides being part of a community.

wait, so MLG forgers aren’t MLG forgers?
i’m confused…

Bad players can break the map all they want. I’ll just win the match easier.