MLG FFA playlist

Does 343 have any plans to involve this new playlist into matchmaking? Halo 3 had it, and Rumble Pit just doesn’t cut the competitive cake anymore…

Does anyone else want MLG FFA?

although I would say I would love an MLG FFA playlist, they have never done well in the past dating back to halo 2’s hardcore FFA.

> although I would say I would love an MLG FFA playlist, they have never done well in the past dating back to halo 2’s hardcore FFA.

I recall them doing fairly decent (about 1000+ players) in Halo 3 until it was removed.

tehehe All of my tryhard friends including me waiting for that playlist to come out, and when it did everybody on halo 3 was searching in it… about a week went by and it died as a playlist PLUS 1000 people in a halo 3 playlist around the time it came out was a low population. According to me and my brilliant memory only two playlist in halo 3 had the lowest pop. I’ve ever seen which was team elimination and MLG FFA

> tehehe All of my tryhard friends including me waiting for that playlist to come out, and when it did everybody on halo 3 was searching in it… about a week went by and it died as a playlist PLUS 1000 people in a halo 3 playlist around the time it came out was a low population. According to me and my brilliant memory only two playlist in halo 3 had the lowest pop. I’ve ever seen which was team elimination and MLG FFA

I never saw Team Elimination on Halo 3 and I got it at Christmas 07, assuming it got removed?

What was in it if you don’t mind me asking.

it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing

> it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing

Sounds like most of Reach’s Playlists at the moment, there are too many.

Squad Slayer, Team Slayer & The Arena?

Remove Team Slayer, keep Squad as it was like in Halo 3, 5v5 Social and The Arena is the 4v4 Ranked.

Got rid of one playlist there already.

> > it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing
>
> Sounds like most of Reach’s Playlists at the moment, there are too many.
>
> Squad Slayer, Team Slayer & The Arena?
>
> Remove Team Slayer, keep Squad as it was like in Halo 3, 5v5 Social and The Arena is the 4v4 Ranked.
>
> Got rid of one playlist there already.

In team elimination, if I remember correctly, was like team slayer but when you die you were out for a round because you only had one life.

> > > it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing
> >
> > Sounds like most of Reach’s Playlists at the moment, there are too many.
> >
> > Squad Slayer, Team Slayer & The Arena?
> >
> > Remove Team Slayer, keep Squad as it was like in Halo 3, 5v5 Social and The Arena is the 4v4 Ranked.
> >
> > Got rid of one playlist there already.
>
> In team elimination, if I remember correctly, was like team slayer but when you die you were out for a round because you only had one life.

Similar to Search & Destroy on CoD then :slight_smile: Seemed like a cool idea, wouldn’t mind trying that out in Customs on Reach.

> > it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing
>
>
>
> Remove Team Slayer, keep Squad as it was like in Halo 3, 5v5 Social and The Arena is the 4v4 Ranked.
>

I agree with this statement. What is the krpytonite in Reach? I’ll tell you it mostly has to do with the playlist. It would matter how bad DMR or AL is… just give people a reason to win and they’ll get the hint that this game isn’t a halo game but a diff. FPS that takes a little bit to get use to. Think of Reach as it’s own new game not halo it clears it up a bit. But what I’m sick of is bad teammates which I’m use to by not but wasn’t in halo 2 or 3. I had a 50 in every playlist in halo 3 legit even MLG and I can’t really say that every game I matched I had bad teammates, yeah there was those days bt Reaches systems is horrific. Honestly I am now scared to search team games alone. In halo 3 I was so acustom to matching people on my level… which really my level is over a 50 because my team could beat the best of the best. But anyways what kills Reach is the fact that Zombies and Action sack/grifball promotes people who are new to halo that this game is all about fun… but how can you say it’s fun when those people search team games and think that since they owned in Zombies they would in MLG. It kills it I see it all the time proof that Zombies kills Reach because on average that is the highest searched playlist 10,000 people everyday… MLG on average has 500 people and even worst is even the best playlist IMO team classic has an average of 80-120 people :{{{{{{{{{{{{ Bungie failed so hard… I want my life back!

No.

MLG barely holds 1,000 as it stands; a FFA playlist would only further divide the population. And it wasn’t even terribly popular in Halo 3 to begin with either.

Besides, Reach really needs to work on eliminating playlists, not adding them. It has too many as it is.

>
>
>
>

If they remove 4v4 I will never play normal slayer ever.

Team Classic has a failing population. I don’t believe that MLG FFA would be any better off. I like MLG FFA, but some things are just better off in Custom Games.

There are to many individual playlists which spreads the population too much.

>
>
>
>

No Team Slayer needs to stay.
Heck, make it no parties allowed.
Much like mercenary playlist of 4v4, I would love it.
Squad Slayer is for parties so keep it that way.

>
>
>
>

No Team Slayer needs to stay.
Heck, make it no parties allowed.
Much like mercenary playlist of 4v4, I would love it.
Squad Slayer is for parties so keep it that way.

> Besides, Reach really needs to work on eliminating playlists, not adding them. It has too many as it is.

It definitely does. I hope 343 really cuts them down.

the playlist that stood the sands of time have been

Team Slayer
Rumble Pit
Team Snipers
BTB
Team objective

Those you would say are the core playlist and all other playlist are usually derivatives of this.

> it was its own ranked playlist, it came out when the game came out and on average 80 people searched it. eventually the playlist was sabotage by hackers trying to be the first to get 50s in it. Also after a couple of months of the MLG FFA playlist came out it had a average of 200-1000 people in it. Which in halo 3 out of 500k people its nothing

H3 during the time MLG FFA was out averaged 60,000 to maybe 100k. I doubt it though. MLG FFA’s population was consistently under 1000 from what I remember. More around 150-300. The first week it was out, players realized it was a total spawn killing, killjacking nightmare.

I’m sure Team Tactical (Elimination) averaged more than 80 players. It had healthy (viable) populations through all skill ranges. Now if it was under 1000 I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s sad they removed it so soon.

I’d prefer a Classic FFA.