MLG confirms Reach for 2012 winter circuit

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/halo-reach-confirmed-for-the-2012-winter-pro-circuit-championships/

Just for all the people who say Reach isn’t competitive and MLG will drop it. Also seems like possible good news for Halo 4.

Well to be fair, ZBNS literally like doubled the skill gap.

Also Yayyyyy!

Thanks for posting this dude. I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this to be announced.

MLG will never drop Halo unless they feel like they are making too much money.

YES!

Yes! Let’s hope 343 had something to do with this deal?

> Yes! Let’s hope 343 had something to do with this deal?

I doubt it. People say things all the time to get a gauge on the community’s reaction. They are coaled thought balloons. Real politicians do it all the time. The president or whatever of MLG who said they may drop Reach didn’t mean it.

> > Yes! Let’s hope 343 had something to do with this deal?
>
> I doubt it. People say things all the time to get a gauge on the community’s reaction. They are coaled thought balloons. Real politicians do it all the time. The president or whatever of MLG who said they may drop Reach didn’t mean it.

Haha, you’ve got to be kittens me! This past season of Halo had the lowest stream numbers since early Halo 2. It had the lowest stream numbers of all the games on the circuit, including CoD. Halo was probably saved because MW3 doesn’t support LAN more than anything else. Either way, I’m pumped. Halo ZBNS 2012!

The only thing 343 had to do with it was creating the TU settings. Sundance and Clap needed sponsors to support the game, which is why the decision took so long.

> > > Yes! Let’s hope 343 had something to do with this deal?
> >
> > I doubt it. People say things all the time to get a gauge on the community’s reaction. They are coaled thought balloons. Real politicians do it all the time. The president or whatever of MLG who said they may drop Reach didn’t mean it.
>
> Haha, you’ve got to be kittens me! This past season of Halo had the lowest stream numbers since early Halo 2. It had the lowest stream numbers of all the games on the circuit, including CoD. Halo was probably saved because MW3 doesn’t support LAN more than anything else. Either way, I’m pumped. Halo ZBNS 2012!
>
> The only thing 343 had to do with it was creating the TU settings. Sundance and Clap needed sponsors to support the game, which is why the decision took so long.

If they cut Halo, that’s still a hefty amount of money lost. Frankly, I know they won’t drop it.

> If they cut Halo, that’s still a hefty amount of money lost. Frankly, I know they won’t drop it.

They have SC2, they really don’t need another game. It’s really a gesture of good will adding others to the circuit.

> > > > Yes! Let’s hope 343 had something to do with this deal?
> > >
> > > I doubt it. People say things all the time to get a gauge on the community’s reaction. They are coaled thought balloons. Real politicians do it all the time. The president or whatever of MLG who said they may drop Reach didn’t mean it.
> >
> > Haha, you’ve got to be kittens me! This past season of Halo had the lowest stream numbers since early Halo 2. It had the lowest stream numbers of all the games on the circuit, including CoD. Halo was probably saved because MW3 doesn’t support LAN more than anything else. Either way, I’m pumped. Halo ZBNS 2012!
> >
> > The only thing 343 had to do with it was creating the TU settings. Sundance and Clap needed sponsors to support the game, which is why the decision took so long.
>
> If they cut Halo, that’s still a hefty amount of money lost. Frankly, I know they won’t drop it.

Think how much money they would save as well though; It’s not like everything is pure profit. I understand what you’re saying but I really don’t think Sundance was bluffing. If it weren’t for the TU I personally believe that the game would not be on this circuit this year.

> Think how much money they would save as well though; It’s not like everything is pure profit. I understand what you’re saying but I really don’t think Sundance was bluffing. If it weren’t for the TU I personally believe that the game would not be on this circuit this year.

That’s assuming everything they have now stays popular. Frankly, I’m not a huge insider on all of MLG’s affairs, but cutting Halo after it’s had such a huge influence on MLG all these years isn’t something a statement like what Sundance said cam really give it justice. And if they do cut it, I can imagine the outcry. There are so many factors in play to consider.

Why would they drop Halo? That would be so stupid on their part.

> > Think how much money they would save as well though; It’s not like everything is pure profit. I understand what you’re saying but I really don’t think Sundance was bluffing. If it weren’t for the TU I personally believe that the game would not be on this circuit this year.
>
> That’s assuming everything they have now stays popular. Frankly, I’m not a huge insider on all of MLG’s affairs, but cutting Halo after it’s had such a huge influence on MLG all these years isn’t something a statement like what Sundance said cam really give it justice. And if they do cut it, I can imagine the outcry. There are so many factors in play to consider.

Outcry doesn’t put money in the bank. I mean, again I am not certain that Sundance would cut it off the circuit as there is still a MLG population for Halo, but It’s been said more than once that if H3 wasn’t a Halo game it wouldn’t have been on the circuit. And then you drop Reach in there which is pretty much depletes all the individual skill that made H3 exciting, making everything rely on teamwork but having sprint which allowed for far less synchronism in teamwork necessary, I can easily see dropping reach being a viable thing to consider. Halo isn’t even MLG’s flagship anymore, Starcraft is raking in at least twice the money and fans; If you’ve seen any of the streams you would see how tiny the Halo population is and how unenthusiastic they are compared to Starcraft or even H3.

But at this point I think it’s just: Agree to disagree.

> Why would they drop Halo? That would be so stupid on their part.

Thats a very good question, another one is why would a business person bad mouth his partner in public forum?

> Why would they drop Halo? That would be so stupid on their part.

MLG is about competitive gaming. When the game isn’t competitive anymore, no matter what it’s called or how it’s predecessors played, it will be losing them money to keep it around.

> > Why would they drop Halo? That would be so stupid on their part.
>
> Thats a very good question, another one is why would a business person bad mouth his partner in public forum?

Bungie and MLG have never been business partners. To my knowledge Bungie made Sundance’s life very difficult; not on purpose, they just had no intention of making the game competitive.

I’m glad they will bring back MLG for Halo 4. Let’s just hope it’s better than Reach.

*Buying MLG pass :3

> Bungie and MLG have never been business partners. To my knowledge Bungie made Sundance’s life very difficult; not on purpose, they just had no intention of making the game competitive.

While not a MLG historian, my understand is that Halo was the literal foundation the house of MLG was built on and as far as I know, currently MLG has a playlist in Reach, named MLG.

Matt, I dont know what your definition of “business partner” is, but the scenerio that I just described makes them partners in the business to me.

What do you think MLG as a company would think, if 343 was to announce “If MLG as a company does not live up to our expectations, we will be forced to remove MLG from Halo 4”?

My guess, MLG would seriously consider taking their “business” somewhere else, perhaps MLG could “partner” with CoD if Halo is not interested in MLG.

After a decade of being part one of the most profitable and popular game franchises of all time and Im sure reaping plenty of the rewards of Halo, MLG should be ashamed and embarrassed to act like that. Plain and simple.

woo its back!