MKVI Armor look isnot updated in Multi-player

343 updated the look of the MKVI armor in order to make it look like a more convincing 800lb’s of armor. Why is the MKVI armor in Multiplayer not updated? I love that new look.

Because the Mark VI armor featured in campaign was a set of modifications done by Cortana while Chief was napping.

> 343 updated the look of the MKVI armor in order to make it look like a more convincing 800lb’s of armor. Why is the MKVI armor in Multiplayer not updated? I love that new look.

Check under your commendations to see if you have completed all levels on Legendary. From Prologue to Midnight.

Sometimes the game goes offline and you do not get credit for it.

You may have to repeat a level or any number that did not register, if this occured.

Goodluck.

343i explicitly said that the MKVI armor in multiplayer was the Classic version

How the heck does Cortana upgrade armor? I read in an interview with 343’s top guy that they weren’t focused on the details of how Chief’s armor changed, they hadn’t a story for that at the time, they only wanted it to look like a convincing 800lbs. I can hardly imagine Cortana with an operational forge, forging out who knows what kind of metals/ alloy. If that’s the story they’ve clung to, that’s bizarre.

<em>“Typically, from Halo to Halo, the Master Chief’s armor has changed and adapted, and there have been fictional reasons why,” 343 said. “With Halo 4, we’re taking a different approach and focusing on the storytelling aspects of art from the design standpoint. We don’t do that everywhere in the game, but we wanted to take this opportunity to really focus on him as a human being.”</em>
<em>The modified armor and the changed physics will make players feel like they’re actually inside Master Chief’s armor, instead of controlling a floating gun on the screen, according to the developer.</em>
<em>“One of the Master Chief’s most notable physical characteristics is that he’s wearing 800 pounds of tank and jet fighter. So we pulled that design into the armor and HUD. When you play Halo 4, it’s important you understand that you’re more than just a gun on the screen. To give you that feeling, we have represented that weight with player physics, without interrupting crosshair and shooting accuracy.”</em>

It appears they did take the story telling approach after all…so, that’s lame, Cortana? How?

Wouldn’t the classic version be MKV?

Not to mention Chief’s armor is the same since the events of halo 2. So even if Cortana upgraded it on the FUD, it is still not MKVI.

Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.

Especially after completing solo legendary for it!

> Not to mention Chief’s armor is the same since the events of halo 2. So even if Cortana upgraded it on the FUD, it is still not MKVI.
>
> Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
>
> Especially after completing solo legendary for it!

The Chief’s armor did change a little from halo 2 to halo 3, how would Cortanna changing the look of the MKVI not make it the MKVI?

We ARE playing as the Master Chief in the campaign, are you sure you’re playing the same game as us?

The spartan IV’s are in matchmaking, and in spartan ops, and they have Mjolnir gen 2 armor that features the MKVI armor pieces that have been updated to be compatible with the gen 2 armor.

> Not to mention Chief’s armor is the same since the events of halo 2. So even if Cortana upgraded it on the FUD, it is still not MKVI.
>
> <mark>Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC</mark>. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
>

How much have you had to smoke today?

MC has been wearing the MK.VI since Halo 2. From Halo 2 - 3 it was just visual update. In Halo 4 Cortana supposedly used nanobots to change his armor, but still the MK.VI

I wish people would quit getting confused.

The only Mjolnir with nanobots are the Mark VII and up.

The version Master Chief wears the Generation 1 Mark VI

The version available for multiplayer is the Generation 2 Mark VI

Master Chief’s armor has been slightly modified over his career through the replacement of damaged bit with what was available and software updated. Hpwever no nanobots were involved.

If they were, don’t you think the scar on the chest would have been repaired?

If you pay attention to the opening cinematic all Spartans IIs are wearing the same Mark VI armor.

The main reason for change was artistic license and they wanted a different look. But it is the same armor from Halo 3. 343 just changes it, like they did the look of everything else.

>
> <mark>Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC</mark>. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
>

People who make comments like this can only be joking.

It cannot be possible to have played the campaign and think this.

Ive heard multiple times that its not the nanobot thing thats a different Spartan, and that the change in his armor from 3 to 4 was strictly to look more realistic and to update the graphics. I dont think theres a real explenation canon wise, but ya I wish we got the new Mark IV it looks way better.

>
> <mark>Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC.</mark> So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
>

SPARTAN-IVs wear MJOLNIR [GEN2], essentially a lightweight version of the Mark VII. As far as we know only SPARTAN-IIs whom have not yet received the Mark VII still use the Mark VI.

> The version Master Chief wears the Generation 1 Mark VI
>
> The version available for multiplayer is the Generation 2 Mark VI

I hope this is true, the Gen 2 version looks superior to the Gen 1, in that case hopefully that’s what the Chief will have next.

> > Not to mention Chief’s armor is the same since the events of halo 2. So even if Cortana upgraded it on the FUD, it is still not MKVI.
> >
> > Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
> >
> > Especially after completing solo legendary for it!
>
> The Chief’s armor did change a little from halo 2 to halo 3, how would Cortanna changing the look of the MKVI not make it the MKVI?
>
> We ARE playing as the Master Chief in the campaign, are you sure you’re playing the same game as us?
>
> The spartan IV’s are in matchmaking, and in spartan ops, and they have Mjolnir gen 2 armor that features the MKVI armor pieces that have been updated to be compatible with the gen 2 armor.

I meant matchmaking, not campaign. Mistyped thought. Anyhow, Chief’s armor is the same in halo 4 campaign as it is in Halo 2 as evidenced by the deep gouge cut into the torso.

In MATCHMAKING we are the IV’s so the MKVI armor should be the updated variety.

> > Not to mention Chief’s armor is the same since the events of halo 2. So even if Cortana upgraded it on the FUD, it is still not MKVI.
> >
> > <mark>Whereas that Spartan-IV’s all have true MKVI and we are playing as them in campaign, not MC</mark>. So we should have the updated armor in multiplayer infinity.
> >
> > Especially after completing solo legendary for it!
>
> How much have you had to smoke today?

Mistyped thought as I just said. I think if you read the whole post, you’d have known what I meant so I may ask you the same question.

You!
Nanobots Nanobots Nanobots Nanobots Nanobots Nanobots Nanobots!

John wears his special Cortana modified armour. Mark VII (likely first gen 2) has Nanobots as well.

Multiplayer is the mark VI gen 2 compatible version.

And to the folks who mentioned Mark VII, who wears that currently if not the SII’s or SIV’s?