MK50 RSI RSI RSI RSI RSIDEKICK (+ unequal starts)

RSI
I said it before and I will say it again: The MK50 Sidekick in its current form has an unhealthy high firerate for a starting weapon of 365 RPM that absolutely WILL cause RSI for players if 343 Industries doesn’t change it. I obviously don’t know what percentage of players, but nevertheless it is not good if ANY player gets it.
I had RSI in the ’00 and it took me several years to get rid of it/heal. It wasn’t caused by gaming, but gaming CAN also cause it. Especially such a jittery, spammy starting weapon.

I played all 3 flights, but only the first day. The second day I was just getting complaints in my arm that felt a lot like beginning RSI.
And there is not even a point in making it 365 RPM and a 7 shot kill. It can also get a lower RPM and be a 4 or 5 shot kill.

Unequal starts
Besides the point of how unhealthy the firerate of this gun is, it is also creating unequal starts. Now that it is clear that some playlists will put M&K and controller users against each other, -Yoink- is about to get real. Shooting 7 bullets in 1.1 ~ 1.2 seconds with 1 mm mouse clicks is doable. Reaching that max firerate on a regular controller (~12 mm triggerpulls) is pretty much impossible.

So now we have a situation where M&K users feel the MK50 Sidekick is overpowered and that the gun makes it so that there is hardly any need for anyone to pick up a BR or Commando. And controller users that feel the gun is extremely weak and can only be used it as a cleanup weapon. So you absolutely need to pick up a BR or Commando before you should even think about entering the battlefield.

And two players who face eachother with a Sidekick, where player A needs to overcome 14 mm in 1.1 seconds and player B needs to overcome 168 mm in 1.1 seconds, who is going to win that gunfight? Yup.

Solutions
There are several solutions:

• BR + AR starting weapons - DMR + AR starting weapons (in this scenario, the DMR needs to be put in the game) - Magnum + AR starting weapons (in this scenario, the Magnum needs to be put in the game)In the above three scenarios the Sidekick can be turned into a special/pickup weapon. Just up the damage of the weapon, so this weapon will be worthwhile to pick up and use over the AR for example.

Other options are:

• Lower the firerate of the sidekick to max 200 ~ 220 rpm. Up the damage per bullet, so the time to kill doesn’t change that much compared to how it is now. - Keep the firerate of the Sidekick the same, but make it a two-burst or three-burst weapon. That way the unhealthy spammy-clicky-triggerpully nature of the weapon will get fixed. - Make the Sidekick fire full-auto. I personally like this option the least. This way we have two full-auto starting weapons. But at least it will be healthier than the way it is now. - Do what Bungie will do in Destiny 2: Destiny 2 will get auto-fire as part of an accessibility initiative | PCGamesN Give players the option themselves to turn on auto-fire if they want.Anyway, it is better to solve this issue before the game gets released than after.

none of this was an actual issue in the flight

I’m wondering, how many hours are you playing every day with a magnum only to get RSI? This is going to sound dismissive but if it’s from excessive play time - your body is telling you play less. If it’s from little play time, you really need to rehab your injuries and strengthen your body and maybe don’t play competitive for the time being or switch up your controls (move shoot to a bumper rather than trigger if you are worried about travel speed?). Also stay hydrated.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> none of this was an actual issue in the flight

Can you elaborate on what you mean with that?

> 2631120853748872;3:
> I’m wondering, how many hours are you playing every day with a magnum only to get RSI? This is going to sound dismissive but if it’s from excessive play time - your body is telling you play less. If it’s from little play time, you really need to rehab your injuries and strengthen your body and maybe don’t play competitive for the time being or switch up your controls (move shoot to a bumper rather than trigger if you are worried about travel speed?). Also stay hydrated.

The first flight I played around 4 hours on day 1. Most of the time with AR and the sidekick, because those were the starting weapons. The next day I felt my old RSI injury, so I played less on day 2 and day 3 of flight 1. The next two flights I played less.

But then I saw the messages on these forums from mostly M&K players who felt the Sidekick was too OP and controller users who felt it was weak it got me thinking. Of course a weapon is going to feel weak when you can’t reach the max rate of fire of a weapon. So in order to make this weapon work for everybody regardless of input, something needs to change. Lowering the RPM and increase the damage per bullet seems to be the easiest i.m.o.

The uneven starts is definitely not an RoF issue. I am a controller player and maxing RoF on the Sidekick was easy. The problem is the nature of aim assist with weapons as precise as the Sidekick.

M&K players can use it at any range easily, but Controller players will find it virtually impossible to use past it’s extremely short red reticle range.

Bloom is supposed to be in place to mitigate it’s TTK at long ranges for M&K players, but the ranges where Bloom actually has a noteworthy effect on TTK are far, far longer than it would need to be. And even then, Bloom resets so fast on it that the fully paced shots TTK is still plenty lethal.

Pretty much the only solution would be to replace bloom with a static spread, which would need to be similar to it’s fully bloomed state now. Meaning the only way to use it reliably is within Red Reticle Range, since Bullet Magnetism negates spread on it.

> 2533274920070188;5:
> > 2631120853748872;3:
> > I’m wondering, how many hours are you playing every day with a magnum only to get RSI? This is going to sound dismissive but if it’s from excessive play time - your body is telling you play less. If it’s from little play time, you really need to rehab your injuries and strengthen your body and maybe don’t play competitive for the time being or switch up your controls (move shoot to a bumper rather than trigger if you are worried about travel speed?). Also stay hydrated.
>
> The first flight I played around 4 hours on day 1. Most of the time with AR and the sidekick, because those were the starting weapons. The next day I felt my old RSI injury, so I played less on day 2 and day 3 of flight 1. The next two flights I played less.
>
> But then I saw the messages on these forums from mostly M&K players who felt the Sidekick was too OP and controller users who felt it was weak it got me thinking. Of course a weapon is going to feel weak when you can’t reach the max rate of fire of a weapon. So in order to make this weapon work for everybody regardless of input, something needs to change. Lowering the RPM and increase the damage per bullet seems to be the easiest i.m.o.

Sorry to hear about your injury coming back. But l you for the clarification, now I understand where you are coming from.

I was under the impression that the complaints mostly boiled down to aim assist being turned down in infinite. I really don’t think ROF is the issue - truthfully, it didn’t feel that fast to cause any discomfort after a couple hours of play - certainly not compared to other games (looking at you, classic Mario party games) but it really is unfortunate that your injury flared up so easily.