MK V looks.....fat

No joke aside, is it just me or MK V chest make your spartan look a little chubbier?

I think it goes without saying that Mk V is not the most streamlined of armor, haha.

Chief put his old armour back on and ate ice cream due to his depression.

Jokes aside I agree it does seem a little chubbier, not by much but still chubbier.

From past views of the older armor and the new MK V armor released today, you may be saying that due to the ammo packs around the waistline. I agree, at first glance it makes the Spartan look a bit on the chubby side, but it’s just the ammo packs.

> No joke aside, is it just me or MK V chest make your spartan look a little chubbier?

How dare you call me fat!!! (Cries in corner)

I noticed that in a screenshot yesterday. There appeared to be some extra padding/pockets around the stomach area. Didn’t look original to me, but I haven’t seen the in-game models so there’s maybe some discrepancy between the two.

If indeed fat, it should be put on Grif in all future RVB episodes!

I always thought that the mark 5 looks a little “heavier” than the mark 6 and others since.

The new Mark V looks more like Halo Anniversary than the Mark V in Reach (which is good) and the “Chubby” aspect of it allows me to relate more with my spartan … more immersive … in chub.

Halo 4 spartans are a lot lighter and more streamlined than others. Thus old armor on new spartans looks bulky in comparison.

Yeah, it’s the only reason I’m not wearing the chest piece, the rest looks awesome though.

Gen II mjolnir is a lot more streamlined. I prefer the bulkier Gen I aesthetic (Except Halo: Reach’s armour, that was TOO big). They really felt like human tanks.

Its not the belly I think its just really wide. The piece that surrounds the oblique area is bending out a bit wider than other chest pieces.

You all can kiss my grits; my multi-player spartans in 3, Reach, and 4 all rock the Mark V … no matter how silly it looks (I mean, the Mark VI replaced it in Halo 2 for a reason.)

It’s bulky, which is what MJORNIR armour should look like!

Am I the only one here who thinks the Halo 4 armour looks a little too skinny and liked the big, bulky armours of reach?

> Am I the only one here who thinks the Halo 4 armour looks a little too skinny and liked the big, bulky armours of reach?

You are not alone. Halo 4 armor looks like Chief meets Mr. Potato Head. The pieces don’t connect to give that solid war machine impression that Reach did.

> Am I the only one here who thinks the Halo 4 armour looks a little too skinny and liked the big, bulky armours of reach?

Nope, I’m with you on this one completely. The armour in Reach made the Spartans look like walking tanks, while the armour in Halo 4 makes them look like regular soldiers with a few plates of armour strapped onto them. It doesn’t look like power armour, and definitely not as imposing if you ask me.

It definitely does make you look fat.

That’s why I’m keeping my Raptor skin on my Venator armor.

Lean mean killing machine.

> It definitely does make you look fat.
>
> That’s why I’m keeping my Raptor skin on my Venator armor.
>
> Lean mean killing machine.

How do you like BAYONET?

Mark V is chubbier than Mark VI Mjolnir and Gen 2 MJOLNIR. Go back and look at Halo: CE.

Even the Mark V in Reach was fat. The male Spartan player model in Reach has the same proportions as a COG from Gears of War.
Everyone is just used to seeing the more form fitting GEN 2 in Halo 4 at this point.