mixed on Core Play

Core Play is bit of a mixed bag for me. I love the idea of it and think it is long overdue to have a playlist like this. Also like that they lifted the two man restriction on the fireteam.
However I see a lot smurfing, boosting, and alting. Also lot of sweaty four man groups. Like even the randies I get are trying their -Yoinks!- off. I dont see this even in ranked. My friends and I switched to Team Arena cause Core Play got to sweaty for us. It is actually easier to relax in the ranked playlist than in this one. I dont understand why that’s the way it is. You would think social people wouldn’t care as much but its like as soon as there is nothing at stake then everyone goes balls to the wall pro status. people confuse me that’s for sure. At least it got the sweaty players out of ranked arena lmao

People don’t like to lose, even in the Social playlists. Simple as that. It’s exactly the same as when Social Skirmish was around, so I find it laughable that people think things would be any different with Core Play in Social.

I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.

In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.

The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.

In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.

Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.

• losing doesn’t effect your rank
  • practice
  • casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing
  • ****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****

The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”

A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol

I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.

> 2533274842046585;3:
> I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
>
> In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
>
> The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
>
> In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
>
> Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> - losing doesn’t effect your rank
> - practice
> - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing
> - ****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****
>
> The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
>
> A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
>
> I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.

You response makes a lot of sense and thank you for taking the time to explain it. I know I am not super good at this game I dont take insult from being referred to as a casual player. after that’s what I am a casual player but I am just competitive by nature. I honestly expected something like this with this playlist dropped because it was the same with the last social skirmish playlist. I just dont remember it being this intense lmao. But it has been quite sometime since that playlist has been around so a decreased population with more competitive to casual player ration would explain the increase in intensity. Thank you again for your response :slight_smile:

> 2535458298006257;4:
> > 2533274842046585;3:
> > I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
> >
> > In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
> >
> > The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
> >
> > In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
> >
> > Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> > - losing doesn’t effect your rank
> > - practice
> > - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing
> > - ****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****
> >
> > The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
> >
> > A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
> >
> > I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.
>
> You response makes a lot of sense and thank you for taking the time to explain it. I know I am not super good at this game I dont take insult from being referred to as a casual player. after that’s what I am a casual player but I am just competitive by nature. I honestly expected something like this with this playlist dropped because it was the same with the last social skirmish playlist. I just dont remember it being this intense lmao. But it has been quite sometime since that playlist has been around so a decreased population with more competitive to casual player ration would explain the increase in intensity. Thank you again for your response :slight_smile:

he explained it, but tje pop is to low to get frequent good competetive games. Look at my game history carrying teams of 4 getting 15-30 kills a game going positive just to lose. Its the same in ranked. Im low ranked because of this.

I really feel like they have an algorithym that forces lower skilled players on your team because it expects you to carry them while matching against players on your level. For solo that is. Maybe I’m too good but who knows _🙂_/

> 2535465468607286;6:
> I really feel like they have an algorithym that forces lower skilled players on your team because it expects you to carry them while matching against players on your level. For solo that is. Maybe I’m too good but who knows _🙂_/

It’s not trying to force you to “carry” anyone, but I believe that something similar to that happens, yes.

(I have no clue what MMR’s range is and I’m not really a coder/developer, so bear with me, this could be laughably inaccurate. This is just what I’ve observed, and how I think it works.)

For instance: let’s say you have an MMR of 150. You’re using balanced search, so they start by looking for people within ~10 of your skill, then ~20 if there aren’t enough. but it caps at a difference of, say, 50.

So now we have the 8 players, all soloing, with MMRs of 107, 111, 115, 123, 124, 135, 150, and 155. You just so happen to be one of the stronger players. To balance the teams, they match high MMRs and low MMRs on a team. So the teams are
111, 115, 135, and 155
vs.
107, 123, 124, and 150.
You are now the strongest on your team.

Of course, MMR isn’t perfect, and many games will end up unbalanced. For instance, let’s say you’re in Core Play. The person with an MMR of 124 only has this MMR because he’s good at pushing objective, capturing flags, etc. However, he’s on your team in a Slayer match. He’s not so good at Slayer, but his MMR reflects the games he’s been playing recently. His overall MMR may be 124, but his Slayer MMR is sitting at around 95. Now it looks like you’ve got someone really bad on your team, but it’s really just that the system matches the players before determining gametype, and does not keep separate MMRs for each gametype.

> 2535465468607286;5:
> > 2535458298006257;4:
> > > 2533274842046585;3:
> > > I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
> > >
> > > In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
> > >
> > > The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
> > >
> > > In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
> > >
> > > Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> > > - losing doesn’t effect your rank
> > > - practice
> > > - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing
> > > - ****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****
> > >
> > > The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
> > >
> > > A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
> > >
> > > I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.
> >
> > You response makes a lot of sense and thank you for taking the time to explain it. I know I am not super good at this game I dont take insult from being referred to as a casual player. after that’s what I am a casual player but I am just competitive by nature. I honestly expected something like this with this playlist dropped because it was the same with the last social skirmish playlist. I just dont remember it being this intense lmao. But it has been quite sometime since that playlist has been around so a decreased population with more competitive to casual player ration would explain the increase in intensity. Thank you again for your response :slight_smile:
>
> he explained it, but tje pop is to low to get frequent good competetive games. Look at my game history carrying teams of 4 getting 15-30 kills a game going positive just to lose. Its the same in ranked. Im low ranked because of this.

Do you still retain csr/mmr when you lose but your performance is within your current tolerance/maintenance range? I havent had a chance to try the new season, but when they made adjustments not so long ago (like within a week I think?) People noticed their csr rank not going up and not going down. The not going up part had to do with your win/loss ratio and your csr and mmr converging together (or at least it your visual rank progress would not move up until these 2 values converged and coincided closley) and consequently if you performed within a certain average range as far as stats go, and you lost against players that weren’t considerably lower mmr (not their visual rank since that was skewed still) at the carnage report you’d see the green arrows despite losing, though your rank neither went up or down.

I’m only asking because I liked that. Its good that if u performed well, u don’t go down. Your skill level hasn’t decreased despite losing the match. Giving an accurate representation of where you are vs being daimond or onyx and having a losing streak an going as low as high plat but destroying teams of onyx as far as personal stats go (still losing) but the opponents know very well your skills above plat. It makes them throw there arms up like “hows this plat this dang good?” Well…he’s not plat skill level.

> 2533274842046585;3:
> I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
>
> In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
>
> The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
>
> In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
>
> Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> - losing doesn’t effect your rank - practice - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing - __****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****__The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
>
> A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
>
> I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.

I would have added:

• To play modes that are simply not available under Ranked – and in most cases rightfully so. Personally, I’d choose to play Core Play because it affords me the opportunity to play non-slayer based objectives without the HCS settings.I don’t think there are many who play without caring about winning or losing. Maybe they may care a little less if there’s no CSR involved, but to choose to play matchmaking in general you’ll usually care about whether or not you win; otherwise, what’s the point?

> 2775209234672000;9:
> > 2533274842046585;3:
> > I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
> >
> > In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
> >
> > The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
> >
> > In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
> >
> > Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> > - losing doesn’t effect your rank - practice - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing - __****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****__The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
> >
> > A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
> >
> > I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.
>
> I would have added:
> - To play modes that are simply not available under Ranked – and in most cases rightfully so. Personally, I’d choose to play Core Play because it affords me the opportunity to play non-slayer based objectives without the HCS settings.I don’t think there are many who play without caring about winning or losing. Maybe they may care a little less if there’s no CSR involved, but to choose to play matchmaking in general you’ll usually care about whether or not you win; otherwise, what’s the point?

Well rhe point’s pretty simple. The variable of that point is not.

Why play?

• for fun.

What = fun?
Varies.

For ultra competitive people…they have a low tolerance for losing. They argue with team mates about what went wrong, or they’re that solo player that comes to these forums arguing about a self answering topic
“Why are my random team mates bad?”

• because as randoms…their skill sets are random variables…

Then you have some people who just love how halo 5 plays, like how its balanced, have a higher tolerance for those L’s and generally want to get better an win…but understand at the end of the day…it’s a video game.

> 2533274842046585;10:
> > 2775209234672000;9:
> > > 2533274842046585;3:
> > > I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
> > >
> > > In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
> > >
> > > The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
> > >
> > > In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
> > >
> > > Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> > > - losing doesn’t effect your rank - practice - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing - __****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****__The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
> > >
> > > A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
> > >
> > > I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.
> >
> > I would have added:
> > - To play modes that are simply not available under Ranked – and in most cases rightfully so. Personally, I’d choose to play Core Play because it affords me the opportunity to play non-slayer based objectives without the HCS settings.I don’t think there are many who play without caring about winning or losing. Maybe they may care a little less if there’s no CSR involved, but to choose to play matchmaking in general you’ll usually care about whether or not you win; otherwise, what’s the point?
>
> Well rhe point’s pretty simple. The variable of that point is not.
>
> Why play?
> - for fun.
>
> What = fun?
> Varies.
>
> For ultra competitive people…they have a low tolerance for losing. They argue with team mates about what went wrong, or they’re that solo player that comes to these forums arguing about a self answering topic
> “Why are my random team mates bad?”
> - because as randoms…their skill sets are random variables…
>
> Then you have some people who just love how halo 5 plays, like how its balanced, have a higher tolerance for those L’s and generally want to get better an win…but understand at the end of the day…it’s a video game.

What = not fun?

I’d argue that it’s often losing, but more specifically it’s getting pooped-on pretty hard while losing; meaning, the match was never really competitively balanced from the start which leads to blow-out results more often than not. Also, consecutive losses that end-up building into long losing streaks are often not fun either.

Yes, ultra competitive people often have a low tolerance for losing, but most people in general don’t possess anything resembling a mildly moderate tolerance for losing. Those who lose way more often than not are much less likely to find enjoyment with the game or continue playing it.

There are plenty of people who do love how Halo 5 plays and how it’s balanced. Maybe some of them may have a “higher” tolerance for those losses, but what you seem to be doing here is trying to depict what probably is a fairly insignificant degree of tolerance into something much more significant.

> 2775209234672000;11:
> > 2533274842046585;10:
> > > 2775209234672000;9:
> > > > 2533274842046585;3:
> > > > I honestly think this has to do with player population most, and how match making works secondly.
> > > >
> > > > In a game with a high population, you’d likley have more chill out casual players who aren’t necessarily “chilling out” from playing ranked. They’re just the type whom never really wanted to play ranked n the first place. There’s already a significant difference in skill usually there. A player who just plays as he goes vs a player who studies the maps, weapon spawns, jumps, tips and tricks vids, and generally spends all his/her time trying to improve instead of just playing for the sake of playing.
> > > >
> > > > The match making parameters are much better in ranked arena. The matches feel more fair since you’re being matched against players usually of your caliber. Of course, the better you become the more difficult each match will feel. Causing a “try harder” play session than soneone in gold whom stays in gold each season.
> > > >
> > > > In unranked, parameters are looser. You have a chance to be the team stomping, or be the team being stomped. In halo 5, I’d actually wager that a large percentage of the population that’s left (IN MATCH MAKING, not forge or customs) are players who are in the “chilling out from ranked” category.
> > > >
> > > > Let’s face it. You play unranked for. Few reasons.
> > > > - losing doesn’t effect your rank - practice - casual, for fun an only for the sake of playing not caring about winning or losing - __****A place where we “think” we should get an easy win. ****__The last one’s highlighted because people don’t realize most forum threads in this topic can be summed up as jus that. “Isn’t unranked supposed to be easier?”
> > > >
> > > > A lot of all this still comes down to player population size. In a game with a high population…where usually theres a far greater ratio of casual players to competitive players in favor of casual players…you simply wouldn’t come across so many instances where it feels like your opposing teams using you guys as practice dummies for a tournament lol
> > > >
> > > > I don’t use the word casual in an insulting way, and hope it hasn’t come out that way. I see myself as a casual competitive player. Meaning that I love ranked, but don’t care if I lose as long as I’m having fun with my friends. I’m that player who stays online with his friends even when I’m always at the bottom of the carnage report. My friends have thier moments of glory just as we all do. I hate when there’s always that 1 butthurt player who IMMEDIATELY wants to get off when you’re playing better than that individual. Especially even some leave after a winning spree just because their stats weren’t as high as they’d like them to be.
> > >
> > > I would have added:
> > > - To play modes that are simply not available under Ranked – and in most cases rightfully so. Personally, I’d choose to play Core Play because it affords me the opportunity to play non-slayer based objectives without the HCS settings.I don’t think there are many who play without caring about winning or losing. Maybe they may care a little less if there’s no CSR involved, but to choose to play matchmaking in general you’ll usually care about whether or not you win; otherwise, what’s the point?
> >
> > Well rhe point’s pretty simple. The variable of that point is not.
> >
> > Why play?
> > - for fun.
> >
> > What = fun?
> > Varies.
> >
> > For ultra competitive people…they have a low tolerance for losing. They argue with team mates about what went wrong, or they’re that solo player that comes to these forums arguing about a self answering topic
> > “Why are my random team mates bad?”
> > - because as randoms…their skill sets are random variables…
> >
> > Then you have some people who just love how halo 5 plays, like how its balanced, have a higher tolerance for those L’s and generally want to get better an win…but understand at the end of the day…it’s a video game.
>
> What = not fun?
>
> I’d argue that it’s often losing, but more specifically it’s getting pooped-on pretty hard while losing; meaning, the match was never really competitively balanced from the start which leads to blow-out results more often than not. Also, consecutive losses that end-up building into long losing streaks are often not fun either.
>
> Yes, ultra competitive people often have a low tolerance for losing, but most people in general don’t possess anything resembling a mildly moderate tolerance for losing. Those who lose way more often than not are much less likely to find enjoyment with the game or continue playing it.
>
> There are plenty of people who do love how Halo 5 plays and how it’s balanced. Maybe some of them may have a “higher” tolerance for those losses, but what you seem to be doing here is trying to depict what probably is a fairly insignificant degree of tolerance into something much more significant.

Well it all depends on the player…does the player play alone? How good is the player? Does the player try to remove random variables to improve their success chances of a win?

There’s many factors you have to bring to the table…there are…some low skilled players out there just as there are high skilled. In terms of arena…its mean to be competitive. I’ll grant you the fact that their match making is less than perfect though, and I believe that’s what they’ve been trying to fix through updating how ranked MM works by converging the csr and mmr.

None of this matters to the guy in a 15 match losing streak though. The game won’t feel fun if this player does bad. The system at times can try it’s best to remedy that…but its not all on the system. The players themselves don’t aways perform well. In a long standing franchise such as halo…halo 5 is considerably harder to be above average. Especially newer players. A player who isn’t good…always plays alone…will flop around like a fish out of water. There may not be many players that low of a skill level…so what happens when this player goes into match making and doesn’t have enough players his skill level to match up against? The game throws in whatever it can most likley once a certain time limits been exceeded.

What choices does this player have?

• make friends, and team up…use a mic
  • practice
    You get the picture. Aside from the obvious of getting better and teaming up…all there is, is social…but with the population and skill gap among such player in this scenario…I wager the results of the match can be even worse since the MM looser.

You’re describing what does happen. I’ve had losing sprees…and I’ve als noticed that sometimes its a losing spree against familar GTs. Painting the picture of a low population.

Losing repeatedly is obviously less fun when the objective is to win. You don’t necessarily have to state that…but what you do need to state…is your remedy. What’s the purpose of pointing that out? What do you suggest is the remedy? A player cannot be granted easy wins in a game where its player vs player scenarios. We see these topics all the time…yes…this game can be DAMN frustrating. I of all people know this. I’m barely average at this game, and that’s only when I actually practice. Though there it is…i know for a fact if i play with friends It wont be as bad. Not because they’re better than me…but because I’m playing team based games…a group of randoms with no mics r at a huge disadvantage. Yet the people posting topics that are randoms choose to stay a random and just give into their frustration sometimes. Idk man. What do you propose that hasn’t already been said?

Please just add it back to ranked playlist…