Mix and match armor are confirmed dead.

In the resent Game Informer podcast the question about armor customization came up. It talked about how the armor is tied to the req.system and that one you get ythe armor, you can mix and match however you see fit. I hope this quells some of your worries about armor.

Edit: Just found out that the armor is indeed just limited to Armor Suits, Helmets, and visor. Sorry for the confusion, I let what I wanted to hear, overshadow what was actually said. It is now confirmed armor is limited to Suits, Visors and Helmets.

“Here, see for yourself”

I was supposed to go to bed… Now i have to watch a 2 h our long video.

:ok_hand:Das ist Gut

No, this hasn’t been confirmed. In the interview Josh Holmes says “That includes things like Helmets, umm… ugh… Armor, Visors, Armor skins as well as stances, assassination animations and weapon skins.” Notice how he stalls before saying Armor, but states off everything just fine
To me this has all but confirmed that we won’t be able to mix and match things like shoulders, torso and legs.
I’m sorry to tell everyone, but you really shouldn’t be getting your hopes up for this, every piece of material we’ve seen so far has only ever mentioned helmet and armor suit, nobody has ever mentioned anything about a specific armor piece below the head. Plus go look at every image of a spartan you can find in H5. What do you notice about them? They’re all completely symmetrical. No one is wearing two different shoulder types at all.

Couldn’t you do that in the beta?

Yeah, you can mix and match helmet and torso or as they call it “armor”.

"Helmets… “armor”, visors, armor skins, we also have stances, assassination animations, weapon skins."

Clearly they avoided saying directly but it’s pretty obvious that it is only body and head.

> 2533274850524527;4:
> No, this hasn’t been confirmed. In the interview Josh Holmes says “That includes things like Helmets,umm ugh… Armor, Visors, Armor skins as well as stances, assassination animations and weapon skins.” Notice how he stalls before saying Armor, but states off everything just fine
>
> To me this has all but confirmed that we won’t be able to mix and match things like shoulders, torso and legs.

yeah your right. helmets, Amor and visor… God I miss Reach.

Spartan IIIs forever the most fashionable!

“Basically, we have hundreds and hundreds of different variations that you can use on your Spartan to customize helmets, visors, armor, armor skins…we also have stances, assassination animations, weapon skins, and obviously emblems. So there’s just a huge depth of things that you can customize to give your Spartan your own identity and all of those things are unlocked through the requisition system…mix and match them as you see fit.”
Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but I think it was implied that you can mix and match everything Holmes listed (helmets, visors, armor, etc.). I heard nothing about changeable shoulders, chests, forearms, and legs. This does not sound good (especially because the question was dodged and I because had to omit a lot of uh’s/um’s).

> 2533274873267862;8:
> “Basically, we have hundreds and hundreds of different variations that you can use on your Spartan to customize helmets, visors, armor, armor skins…we also have stances, assassination animations, weapon skins, and obviously emblems. So there’s just a huge depth of things that you can customize to give your Spartan your own identity and all of those things are unlocked through the requisition system…mix and match them as you see fit.”
> Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but I think it was implied that you can mix and match everything Holmes listed (helmets, visors, armor, etc.). I heard nothing about changeable shoulders, chests, forearms, and legs. This does not sound good (especially because the question was dodged and I because had to omit a lot of uh’s/um’s).

We all just need to accept that they neutered customization so we’re not surprised when the game comes out. I know people will still stir up a colossal -Yoink–storm but this is our warning, we know what is going to happen. Sure it would be nice if this changes but CLEARLY it isn’t going to, not in this game. What sucks is they say they’re listening to us but it seems they’re only listening to complaints about gameplay.

I hate it so much when a game takes a step backwards like this though, sad when previous games have better customization than a triple A title in 2015.

> 2533274850524527;4:
> No, this hasn’t been confirmed. In the interview Josh Holmes says “That includes things like Helmets,umm ugh… Armor, Visors, Armor skins as well as stances, assassination animations and weapon skins.” Notice how he stalls before saying Armor, but states off everything just fine
> To me this has all but confirmed that we won’t be able to mix and match things like shoulders, torso and legs.
> I’m sorry to tell everyone, but you really shouldn’t be getting your hopes up for this, every peace of material we’ve seen so far has only ever mentioned helmet and armor suit, nobody has ever mentioned anything about a specific armor piece below the head. Plus go look at every image of a spartan you can find in H5. What do you notice about them? They’re all completely symmetrical. No one is wearing two different shoulder types at all.

So by that logic does that mean I can’t color my Spartan however I see fit sense colors were not mentioned? There will obviously be different menus for Armors, Skins, Assassinations ect. so the options to customize individual pieces could be found in the Armor menu.

He literally does not mentions shoulders, chests, legs, etc. What more proof do people need? We’re getting Beta level customisation.

Thank god there are no sets

Who cares? you can’t even tell what you’re wearing most of the time and most people can’t even tell the difference. If you could honestly tell which legs or wrist piece someone was wearing in Halo: Reach, you would probably close enough to get melee’d.

> 2533274795233660;13:
> Who cares? you can’t even tell what you’re wearing most of the time and most people can’t even tell the difference. If you could honestly tell which legs or wrist piece someone was wearing in Halo: Reach, you would probably close enough to get melee’d.

It more has to do with machinima people and people who want to look funky.

Tim does say “Uh yeah and you can mix and match them obviously.” I’d take that with a grain of salt, but that can kinda be seen as confirmation.

> 2533274858572140;14:
> > 2533274795233660;13:
> > Who cares? you can’t even tell what you’re wearing most of the time and most people can’t even tell the difference. If you could honestly tell which legs or wrist piece someone was wearing in Halo: Reach, you would probably close enough to get melee’d.
>
>
> It more has to do with machinima people and people who want to look funky.

The machinima people have nothing but praise for Halo 5. And the people who want to look funky will still be able to look funky with a variety of good armor pieces. Do you fall into those two groups?

so theory/thought… In the Beta you could unlock the Mk VI armor and then a variant Mk VI scarred. I bet that what customization was in the beta is it BUT to offer variety within the armor sets they not only have skins but various “looks” to the armor such as the two Mk VI armor sets. So you have Nightfall then a Nightfall recon set which has maybe a shroud on it like Jun from Reach and maybe some ammo packs, etc. Now I cannot say I’m thrilled about this idea of it is true but at least it will give some variety.

I think 343i should be more straight-forward and sort of explain when things might get controversial, like instead of sort of being timid and sort of not giving the most clear answer, they should probably simply say something like:
“We decided to change this time to a three customization system because of X reason, Y reason and our different philosophy this time around.”
And sort of just own it.

> 2533274809220485;18:
> I think 343i should be more straight-forward and sort of explain when things might get controversial, like instead of sort of being timid and sort of not giving the most clear answer, they should probably simply say something like:
> “We decided to change this time to a three customization system because of X reason, Y reason and our different philosophy this time around.”
> And sort of just own it.

Completely agreed.

Well I stand corrected… http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-1472#entry514741