Mister Chief Helmet

Since season five just stared, I saw that to get the mister chief helmet you need to do the survive a fall by assassinating an elite challenge. I have successfully done it twice and the challenge still hasn’t completed. I am doing this at the start of the pillar of autumn mission, at the cliff in the very beginning. I know this fall works as all my failed attempts I have died when hitting the ground. I was doing it on easy since the challenge didn’t say a certain difficulty but is there perhaps a hidden thing that is stopping me from getting the challenge done?

Apparently successfully assassinating the Elite on Legendary unlocks it.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Apparently successfully assassinating the Elite on Legendary unlocks it.

Just tried it, and did it 3 times. one I had some skulls on, just IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday, and the other two I turned them off, still didn’t work, do I need to also finish the mission? cause I know when I have done the challenges like this in the past I didn’t need to finish the mission.

> 2535442054657904;3:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > Apparently successfully assassinating the Elite on Legendary unlocks it.
>
> Just tried it, and did it 3 times. one I had some skulls on, just IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday, and the other two I turned them off, still didn’t work, do I need to also finish the mission? cause I know when I have done the challenges like this in the past I didn’t need to finish the mission.

No, you don’t need to finish the mission. A buddy of mine just uploaded a clip of him unlocking it.

> 2533274809226598;4:
> > 2535442054657904;3:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > Apparently successfully assassinating the Elite on Legendary unlocks it.
> >
> > Just tried it, and did it 3 times. one I had some skulls on, just IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday, and the other two I turned them off, still didn’t work, do I need to also finish the mission? cause I know when I have done the challenges like this in the past I didn’t need to finish the mission.
>
> No, you don’t need to finish the mission. A buddy of mine just uploaded a clip of him unlocking it.

I think I have the timing wrong cause I think I found the video of it on youtube, and his animation he used a knife, but the ones I keep getting I keep the elite down and then stomping on his head.

Sometimes the fall wouldn’t have killed you, probably something to do with the tick rate. You can see this when sometimes you land on the ground and survive the fall for no reason at all or you hit a slope in just the right way. I finished it on normal. Just keep trying till you unlock it is the best tip I can give <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1psX4bEMk&ab_channel=ToxicBudder
Just some evidence that I have been doing a few assassinations.

If you have the challenge completed (showing 1/1) and don’t have the helmet after a hard reset, please make sure and file a support ticket with the details,

If you are having trouble unlocking the challenge, this isn’t a bug I’m afraid. It’s exactly like the old 360 achievement. Just need to make sure you’re landing correctly to trigger it, worth watching some YouTube videos to get try and nail it. It may take 3 tries or it may take 30. Took me over an hour back in the day. Keep trying and take regular breaks.

— Edit —
I booted the game up myself, spent maybe 13 or 14 tries (failing) to get it then switched from Universal Zoom & Shoot to Bumper Jumper and got it on my 3rd try after that. I only managed a successful assassination once and it was that one that triggered the challenge completion. It took me about 15 or so tries in MCC as opposed to the hour it took me back on the 360. One of these things you need to get just at the right angle / velocity / time. It’s tricky, but not broken

> 2533274813317074;8:
> If you have the challenge completed (showing 1/1) and don’t have the helmet after a hard reset, please make sure and file a support ticket with the details,
>
> If you are having trouble unlocking the challenge, this isn’t a bug I’m afraid. It’s exactly like the old 360 achievement. Just need to make sure you’re landing correctly to trigger it, worth watching some YouTube videos to get try and nail it. It may take 3 tries or it may take 30. Took me over an hour back in the day. Keep trying and take regular breaks.
>
> — Edit —
> I booted the game up myself, spent maybe 13 or 14 tries (failing) to get it then switched from Universal Zoom & Shoot to Bumper Jumper and got it on my 3rd try after that. I only managed a successful assassination once and it was that one that triggered the challenge completion. It took me about 15 or so tries in MCC as opposed to the hour it took me back on the 360. One of these things you need to get just at the right angle / velocity / time. It’s tricky, but not broken

Okay but the thing is, I have probably tried for a total of 5 hours. My last 25 minutes that I was trying I was doing it with my friend on co-op. He got it. I then did it in the exact same spot multiple times, elite was in the same spot due to when we got the checkpoint. Haven’t gotten it once. But my friend got it in like 10 minutes, and a friend of mine got it on his 5th try. So either I am unlucky or something has to be bugged cause it’s not adding up