Mission that should of been in the Campaign.

I know halo: reach is out and there is nothing we can to to improve the storyline etc.

Personally, the Halo: Reach campaign was brilliant and very good and capturing the events of the fall of reach. But it had a missing peace that could of made the game feel much better.

The mission I had in mind takes place between “New Alexandria” and “The Package” as there was a 3 day gap between the two levels.

It shows how Nobel team get from the city two sword base and how they planned their attack.

This is what I had in mind:
*Huge battles based along the large expanse (the distant background area of “the package”)
*The beginning involves sniping major Covenant targets.
*One section involve destroying a few scarabs with gauss, tank, Spartan laser and other equipment.
*Another involve piloting a banshee in a dog fight above the sea.
*You hear about castle base in the coms and other connections with “the fall of reach” fiction.
*One of your main missions is to escort a load of Spartans including the chief to their next objective.
*More warthog skirmishes with original halo music. You drive close to a covenant glassing.
*You contact Holland about the torch-and-burn operation and how it has to be done.
*One section involves defending an elephant while it accesses the outside area of “the forerunner construct”.
*Nobel team assist you well in the fight

These are just ideas but they would of fitted very well in the campaign as an extra mission.

> I know halo: reach is out and there is nothing we can to to improve the storyline etc.
>
> Personally, the Halo: Reach campaign was brilliant and very good and capturing the events of the fall of reach. But it had a missing peace that could of made the game feel much better.
>
> The mission I had in mind takes place between “New Alexandria” and “The Package” as there was a 3 day gap between the two levels.
>
> It shows how Nobel team get from the city two sword base and how they planned their attack.
>
> This is what I had in mind:
> *Huge battles based along the large expanse (the distant background area of “the package”)
> *The beginning involves sniping major Covenant targets.
> *One section involve destroying a few scarabs with gauss, tank, Spartan laser and other equipment.
> *Another involve piloting a banshee in a dog fight above the sea.
> *You hear about castle base in the coms and other connections with “the fall of reach” fiction.
> *One of your main missions is to escort a load of Spartans including the chief to their next objective.
> *More warthog skirmishes with original halo music. You drive close to a covenant glassing.
> *You contact Holland about the torch-and-burn operation and how it has to be done.
> *One section involves defending an elephant while it accesses the outside area of “the forerunner construct”.
> *Nobel team assist you well in the fight
>
>
> These are just ideas but they would of fitted very well in the campaign as an extra mission.

One problem. Master Chief wasn’t on Reach.

> One problem. Master Chief wasn’t on Reach.

At one point he was. or at least the escort of the Spartans that appeared in the fall of reach. and coms talk about him.

they did cut a level between New Alexandria and the package

bungie say’d the idea was you’d ride ( hijack ) a scarab trough the burned city
so the plan was there but no room

Chief was with Blue team destroying the nav core of the Circumference on a orbital ship hangar above Reach during the conflict while Red team was defending generators to the MAC platforms on the ground. He returns to reunite with Red team during First Strike, but given how thoroughly the game overwrote aspects of The Fall of Reach, the stuff about the Circumference might not be canon anymore and they’ll BS some reason why Linda was injured and James was killed.

I have to say, I get how they were trying to make the plot of Reach tie in with Halo 1 more directly to the casual fans by having you deliver Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn, but it breaks the established canon so thoroughly that I think it really wasn’t worth it…

> Chief was with Blue team destroying the nav core of the Circumference on a orbital ship hangar above Reach during the conflict while Red team was defending generators to the MAC platforms on the ground. He returns to reunite with Red team during First Strike, but given how thoroughly the game overwrote aspects of The Fall of Reach, the stuff about the Circumference might not be canon anymore and they’ll BS some reason why Linda was injured and James was killed.
>
> I have to say, I get how they were trying to make the plot of Reach tie in with Halo 1 more directly to the casual fans by having you deliver Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn, but it breaks the established canon so thoroughly that I think it really wasn’t worth it…

I haven’t read the books yet and don’t know when I will be able. In a nutshell, what was the original canon established by the books?

> I know halo: reach is out and there is nothing we can to to improve the storyline etc.
>
> Personally, the Halo: Reach campaign was brilliant and very good and capturing the events of the fall of reach. But it had a missing peace that could of made the game feel much better.
>
> The mission I had in mind takes place between “New Alexandria” and “The Package” as there was a 3 day gap between the two levels.
>
> It shows how Nobel team get from the city two sword base and how they planned their attack.
>
> This is what I had in mind:
> *Huge battles based along the large expanse (the distant background area of “the package”)
> *The beginning involves sniping major Covenant targets.
> *One section involve destroying a few scarabs with gauss, tank, Spartan laser and other equipment.
> *Another involve piloting a banshee in a dog fight above the sea.
> *You hear about castle base in the coms and other connections with “the fall of reach” fiction.
> *One of your main missions is to escort a load of Spartans including the chief to their next objective.
> *More warthog skirmishes with original halo music. You drive close to a covenant glassing.
> *You contact Holland about the torch-and-burn operation and how it has to be done.
> *One section involves defending an elephant while it accesses the outside area of “the forerunner construct”.
> *Nobel team assist you well in the fight
>
>
> These are just ideas but they would of fitted very well in the campaign as an extra mission.

That could have been pretty cool. I think it would also be cool to have had an area where you would provide sniper cover while Noble Team advances along the ground.

> > Chief was with Blue team destroying the nav core of the Circumference on a orbital ship hangar above Reach during the conflict while Red team was defending generators to the MAC platforms on the ground. He returns to reunite with Red team during First Strike, but given how thoroughly the game overwrote aspects of The Fall of Reach, the stuff about the Circumference might not be canon anymore and they’ll BS some reason why Linda was injured and James was killed.
> >
> > I have to say, I get how they were trying to make the plot of Reach tie in with Halo 1 more directly to the casual fans by having you deliver Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn, but it breaks the established canon so thoroughly that I think it really wasn’t worth it…
>
> I haven’t read the books yet and don’t know when I will be able. In a nutshell, what was the original canon established by the books?

The only Canon on the subject is established by the books.

> they did cut a level between New Alexandria and the package
>
> bungie say’d the idea was you’d ride ( hijack ) a scarab trough the burned city
> so the plan was there but no room

I was sad when I found out this level was cut, would have been extremely fun, also explained why Bungie bothered to make Scarabs work so well on The Pillar of Autumn.

It would’ve been awesome if CORTANA began speaking with you as you carried her along to the POA. Something like remember there’s two of us now remember? When ur taking damage

I also expected larger battles, for a planetary invasion, the battle for reach seemed a little quiet for me. Something like tip of the spear but with more ai allies helping you push through. I wouldve loved to start a mission where ur in a Pelican but it’s taking heavy fire so you grab a jetpack and bail, (btw nice intro for a jet pack), on your way down you look behind and see odsts falling behind you in an aerodynamic formation. Close to landing they engage they’re jet packs and land right behind a covenant armor blockade that’s holding the rest of the UNSC back, so as the odsts formate a plan you could either wait with them or run out by yourself hijack a wraith blow the crap out of the blockade as the ODSTs provide cover fire. As soon as the blockade is clear, a scarab shows up and blows up half of your armor brigade that was rolling in, the remaining tanks open fire crippling it, you use your jet pack climb aboard and return the medicine to the covenant, you hear Emile in the comms, “that’s right you sons of -Yoinks!-!! How you like it?!” and of course Jorge, " ha ha looks like John just found a successor (MC reference ;)) ". Once close to the AA guns you ditch the scarab due to heavy damage but let Emile take over and he uses it as a stationary gun, so u walk to the AA guns and the rest of the game would play as it was.