Mission on Forward Unto Dawn?

Since trailers are just “appetizers” for the actual game, and not what actually happen…

What do you think we will see/do when John wakes up?

• Small Mission fighting invaders on the ship?
  • See a cinetmatic/cutscene showing MC exploring the ship - or run like hell?

A good Halo starts off in space, so having us play in a Forward Unto Dawn that’s going down would be good. It could act as a training level, fighting off some minor new enemies, maybe getting the hang of using the zero-g thrusters (if they’re actually in the game), and instantly getting a feeling of urge as the FUD is being pulled towards the planetoid.

> A good Halo starts off in space, so having us play in a Forward Unto Dawn that’s going down would be good. It could act as a training level, fighting off some minor new enemies, maybe getting the hang of using the zero-g thrusters (if they’re actually in the game), and instantly getting a feeling of urge as the FUD is being pulled towards the planetoid.

Actually, this is a good idea. It would mirror the opening of Halo CE, when escaping the Autumn, beautifully.

I know I’m going to get shouted at for this, but they should do something like what MW3 does with the Plane level. The world around the player is going to -Yoink- and you have to escape, lots of set pieces and scripted moments, that would be awesome.

> I know I’m going to get shouted at for this, but they should do something like what MW3 does with the Plane level. The world around the player is going to Yoink! and you have to escape, lots of set pieces and scripted moments, that would be awesome.

It’s because people think it’s cool to hate COD. Whilst it’s nothing special or unique, the cinematic moments in the campaign are usually very well done and MW3 did a very good job at capturing scale. I’d definitely be up for something like this; John sprinting through the Dawn to get to a HEV pod (or Parafol or something) as it burns up on re-entry and then a similar bit to ODST’s opening where you see the landscape below unfold as you fall towards it.

> > I know I’m going to get shouted at for this, but they should do something like what MW3 does with the Plane level. The world around the player is going to Yoink! and you have to escape, lots of set pieces and scripted moments, that would be awesome.
>
> It’s because people think it’s cool to hate COD. Whilst it’s nothing special or unique, the cinematic moments in the campaign are usually very well done and MW3 did a very good job at capturing scale. I’d definitely be up for something like this; John sprinting through the Dawn to get to a HEV pod (or Parafol or something) as it burns up on re-entry and then a similar bit to ODST’s opening where you see the landscape below unfold as you fall towards it.

Not completely fair my friend.
I have a specialization in Game Design and I can tell you from a gameplay perspective, a gamer’s perspective and a quality perspective why CoD is a “bad” game.
Also: as long as H4 doesn’t throw set pieces and Michael Bay explosions at us in every level every 30 seconds I’m fine with something you described above.