missing weapon... needle rifle

halo 4 shoudl have a needle rifle to counter the dmr… make a “slightly” longer kill time but “at a distane” specifically allow more bullet magnitism to simulate the needler effect… any other ideas?

I really liked the needle rifle too,always great to see a combine explosian.

God, you can’t ever say you want to add a gun, or take away a gun that you hate. It’s not about just the multiplayer that has that set of weapons. They’d have to find some way to add it into the campaign and spartan ops.

I prefer using the Carbine, only problem is that it’s weak as hell compared to the dmr, weaker still to the battle rifle and light rifle. If it had a damage boost so it could compete against the other two it would be a suitable replacement.

At least I’m not the only person wondering where the Needle rifle is…

I liked the needle rifle and would have liked to be in the game, but at least I got the Carbine to replace it.

But yea, its not as easy as saying “I want it in the game” and it will magically appear. Its too late to do it, so just get accustomed to the Carbine.

The DMR is essentially the Needle Rifle minus it’s supercombine, bloom, and low damage.

Adding a counterpart, nay, a clone… that would add to the negatives don’t you think?

The existing sandbox needs to be attended to.

IMO,

DMR: less magnetism
BR: needs a damage boost
Carbine: needs a damage boost

Killing Elites with the DMR trumps killing them with the other precision weapons…

Keep in mind not every level features the DMR… were it not for loadouts in Spartan Ops, I’d be pretty screwed.

I miss the Needle rifle too, also the blueberry blaster.

Needle rifle was nice cause it didnt feel like other rifles.

H4 weapons suffer from too much sameness.

You realise thats never going to happen right? I really do miss the needle rifle, it was awesome. But I’m glad they brought back concussion rifle and hopefully we’ll see NR in H5 :smiley:

It would have been cool to have the riffle versus the pee-shooter. :=(

> I prefer using the Carbine, only problem is that it’s weak as hell compared to the dmr, weaker still to the battle rifle and light rifle. If it had a damage boost so it could compete against the other two it would be a suitable replacement.

It just needs a one shot boost to work well in this game, I’m only 89 kills away from mastering this weapon and then I’ll never use it again because it falls so short against the DMR and BR.

OT: I loved the Needle Rifle especially the post TU bleedthrough version, that thing was a stone cold killer since it had no bloom, even on automatic fire.

As it only appears in Reach, Im assuming there were governmental contract disputes with the weapon’s primary manufacturer and thus phased out.

Dude, have you even seen the carbine reticle? Its a dialated needle rifle crosshair. -.- More than half of halo 4 is halo reach reskinned, so if you liked reach that much you really have nothing to -Yoink- about at this point.

I miss the Needle Rifle. It’s way cooler than the Covenant Carbine.