Missing that Halo touch

I am not hating Halo 5 it isna solid game but i feel something is missing i felt the same with h4 maybe its the maps? I used to be able to play halo 3 or reach (especially 3) forever and never get bored but now i play a map like plaza over and over and it doesnt help when i go to a map like overgrowth which is almost the same map with some changes like truth to regret in a way a game like h3 or reach felt “endless” i feel in Halo 5 there is no Guardian or Pit or Sanctuary or what have you and i dont mean maps layed out like that but what im saying is you see people remaking guardian or the pit not haven or something maybe its the guns? What is it i feel Halo 5 is good just missing something.

I feel the same way. Halo 5 is also missing an art design that feels like Halo. A lot of the armors and environments don’t look that great and don’t seem to belong in Halo.

Missing that Halo talent.

I love when people say that something doesn’t feel Halo, but then can’t explain it. Can’t be fixed if you can’t explain it.

> 2533274815582829;4:
> I love when people say that something doesn’t feel Halo, but then can’t explain it. Can’t be fixed if you can’t explain it.

Agree. The art style is different. But then again its not…360ish. Its polished. I feel like if anything is missing. It would have to be the random factor of getting killed by the gaurdians.

> 2533274815582829;4:
> I love when people say that something doesn’t feel Halo, but then can’t explain it. Can’t be fixed if you can’t explain it.

I think that’s where the magic lies. When a game is so great that you can’t even explain why, but you’ll know it missing if it is. All the elements of the game just come together in such a way that it just breaths a new life into your world. IMO, that’s what we had back in the day. (Not that H5 is a bad game in its entirety, but IMO it’s far from what we had in H2-H3)

> 2533274880144748;1:
> I am not hating Halo 5 it isna solid game but i feel something is missing i felt the same with h4 maybe its the maps? I used to be able to play halo 3 or reach (especially 3) forever and never get bored but now i play a map like plaza over and over and it doesnt help when i go to a map like overgrowth which is almost the same map with some changes like truth to regret in a way a game like h3 or reach felt “endless” i feel in Halo 5 there is no Guardian or Pit or Sanctuary or what have you and i dont mean maps layed out like that but what im saying is you see people remaking guardian or the pit not haven or something maybe its the guns? What is it i feel Halo 5 is good just missing something.

Yea i know how you feel maps like “Guardian” and “epitaph” and many others are my favorites of all time across all games and halo 5 has like…2…TWO MAPS between arena and warzone that i actually like wouldnt even consider them a favorite.

I guess it just comes to personal opinion. I’m having far more fun in Halo 5 then I ever did in Halo 3. I avoided Halo 3 multiplayer like the plague because I had such a horrible experience with that game. Halo 5 I can’t get enough, I’d be playing now if I wasn’t across the country for a week.
Game totally feels like Halo to me. Everything seems a natural progression from where you should be almost a decade from when 3 was released.
I always feel that threads like this are just nostalgia speaking. People haven’t gotten the time to create the kind of gaming memories that people have with previous titles.

> 2533274815582829;4:

I thinks its that we don’t have cones or fusion cores anymore… Cones got nerfed hard

I’ll post something longer when I’m back home and not traveling with an iPad, but the major things that lack the Halo feeling are:

1. Map design (size, sight lines, open space, time between encounters, layout variety, etc)

2. Player experience ( ranking system, matchmaking, playlist composition and variety)

3. Community integration (pre-game and post game lobbies, file sharing, theatre sharing, party creation and persistence, etc)

For me, the reason this doesn’t feel as halo-esque is due to several crucial reasons.

1. It lacks the depth of previous halo’s. It almost feels like it was incomplete at launch and core staples of the franchise are slowly being fed to us over the course of a long period.

2. The map design. There is a reason that the community continues to recreate “classic” bungie maps. Simply put, they were more talented in this area of expertise.

3. Previous halo games gave us more ways to come together as a community. It was almost cultish if you ask me. So many passionate people. which leads to my most important note:

4. The community itself. The META of gaming has changed over the past 10+ years. We live in an age where fast pace twitch shooters are popular, and developers are putting more emphasis on making money as opposed to pleasing customers/making games they enjoy. There are far more casual fans as opposed to hardcore fans because most of us have outgrown halo/gaming in general.

I’ll end with that, (although I could go on for days as to why H5 just doesn’t have that “touch” and why it’s not nearly as addictive/fun as previous games.)