Missing End Credits

I recently finished the Halo: Reach campaign on MCC, XBOX ONE X console. And it was as fun as you’d expect (HALO!). When I got to the end credits, I felt a lot of anticipation. I had played Reach like crazy when it released back in 2010. Loved it. But the end credits were one of my favorite parts of the game. I remember it leaving me with a sense of awe and completion, satisfaction, and even joy and warmth, as the Pillar of Autumn slowly distances itself from the foreground while it moves towards Halo, recreating the opening from Halo: Combat Evolved. Everything since the first game coming full circle, and I’d played every game since Combat Evolved when they released. It was great to be able to listen to the mix of music playing during these end credits for Halo: Reach, and I did this not just once, but many times, every time I played through the campaign. It was a treat, an extra, at the end of the game for me.

And now, with Reach on MCC (XBOX), I complete the campaign, and those end credits and the music were ripped out of the game, going right to that final hold-out battle where 6 fights until death. And I’m left feeling sad, a bit depressed, like something important was taken from me. This affected me so much that I barely bothered fighting in that last part with 6. I didn’t care. Still don’t.

Since MCC is being treated like a “game as a service” now…I want this put back in. Not just for Reach, but all the games in MCC. They should have their end credits fully restored, with the full music. If those credits don’t fit quite with MCC, just add a disclaimer not at the beginning of them, but keep those end credits so people know who did the original work on the game. Maybe have an end credits option for MCC at the main menu (a lot of games do this) to differentiate the Bungie work with 343i’s work. But reinsert those end credits to the various Halo games, because that ending music is some of the best parts those games have to offer.

Otherwise…with all the other times 343i has fallen short on other fronts, this just seems like adding a little more fuel to that fire, from 343i itself. Like we can’t have this game collection be as truly awesome as it can be without 343i stripping out any worthy, worthwhile mention of Bungie or Martin O’Donnell and the work they did that built 343i’s foundation. I really want those end credits back! They could even make the end credits for all the games an option to watch in the MCC main menu, like I mentioned earlier for MCC end credits.

There’s no good reason for doing this. And stripping this out of the games on MCC just seems…it seems like spite, against Bungie, against the fans, and feels like something almost personal. I know it’s not personal, but that leads to something even worse, IMO, that this was done without consideration for how the fans would feel at stripping out elements of the game. It’s just cold. And it makes me angry.

And because it makes me angry, I believe this is my first time ever posting here on these forums. Because this makes me so -Yoink!- angry! Because after all the missteps by 343i since they inherited the Halo franchise, you’d thing that maybe, JUST MAYBE, we could get this one thing right! Having the MCC actually work for once on multiplayer, and have the FULL CAMPAIGNS for every game there to enjoy, including these END CREDITS with their music and aesthetic to sit there and enjoy when you MAKE IT to the END of THE GAME! But no, 343i can’t even give us that.

This is a small thing. That’s probably why it was taken out. But these small things are part of what made the Halo games so GgOoOoDd, why they’re loved by fans so much. Bungie knew that. 343i doesn’t.

Can we please…PLEASE…have these end credits reinstalled into the game? For each Halo game on MCC? Please? Seriously, as long as we, the fans, have stuck with this game franchise…it’s a small thing, and some might say we deserve it. Yes, I’m saying we deserve that, on top of everything else that’s already been done. Because no matter how good MCC has become, small things like this happening make it all feel like it just falls short. It shouldn’t be falling short, it should be excelling beyond expectations. And we’re not getting that.

343i…you can be better. You can do better. And this? This really is a small thing. Something easy for you to fix, wouldn’t take much time or resources. Please, return the end credits to the games in MCC.

For a “small” issue, that’s a heck of a rant.

I kinda see where you are getting at, but I disagree. When you stop and think about it, it was mainly 343i who worked on most of the games in the collection anyway.

• Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Halo 2: Anniversary - Halo 4 - *Halo: Reach (after Bungie’s contract was finished).*So it makes sense for them to not include the credits. Besides, it’s not like the old games have gone anywhere. As long as you have an Xbox 360 or as long as the Halo games remain backwards compatible, the credits of the original developers will always be there.

That’s a cop-out. Not good enough.

Saying 343i worked on the games in the collection doesn’t make sense or add to any of the context.

And that last bit might be true, but it’s a glorified cop-out to not put the work in.

I just finished Halo: Combat Evolved on MCC and I’m mad the credits are missing as well.
The credits are a time to sit and ruminate on the feeling left by a game, or any piece of media that you’ve spent a long time with. And they’re important. I enjoyed the credits for Halo 5, as I do for any game that I take the time to play through.
I was disapointed when there were no credits, and had to watch a video of them on youtube. That’s just sad.
And, saying 343i has done most of the work on those games is just bullcrap. They didn’t conceive the franchise, they didn’t write the campaigns. They didn’t even do the remastering. That was Saber Interactive.
What 343i did do is bring them into MCC and fix resulting bugs. Now they’re porting them to PC, adding features the original games had but MCC didn’t, adding a few new features (mostly PC-oriented), and fixing bugs.

There are some things MCC lacks that are understandable. Each game had its own, unique menu and art to go with that, and they’re inlcuding that as best they can, but I understand why they’d want to use a unified UI. And how challenging it would probably be to bring all of the old UI back.

But end credits? Those are things that were important to each game, and there’s absolutely no reason they shouldn’t be inlcuded.

And “You still have a 360” is irrelevant. Right now, I only have my gaming laptop, actually. If the goal is to make MCC THE place to play the games in its collection, all features should be present. Including the end credits.
I sympathize with the challenges of having. . . is it 7 now? 7 engines in a single software collection, and the time it takes to fix bugs and make it all work. Including end credits should not be a huge, bug inducing undertaking. And if it is, shame on them for not including them in the first place.

I imagine 343i will focus on getting all games stable on PC, some touch-ups after that.
When that’s done, they’d best get on making sure each game includes its end credits.

And please, don’t give them excuses to not include the end credits. Let’s call for them to be restored until they finally are.

I was just about to make a post about this. Halo 3 is out next for MCC on PC and that game more than any of them should have the credits sequence left intact. It’s an essential part of the story. The scores for the credits are also some of Marty’s best work. Roll Call is an absolute masterpiece and now you don’t even get to hear it after finishing the game. Also, Bungie’s letters at the end of 3 and Reach are now lost to time for who knows why, and people who are playing the game for the first time on MCC don’t even get to know about them.
There is literally no good reason I can think of to leave them out. Like you said it’s just one more unnecessary issue we can all point at. I imagine it was just as much work to remove them as it would be to now put them back in.
343! Don’t you ever remove my end credits!

> 2533274809226598;2:
> For a “small” issue, that’s a heck of a rant.
>
> I kinda see where you are getting at, but I disagree. When you stop and think about it, it was mainly 343i who worked on most of the games in the collection anyway.
> - Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Halo 2: Anniversary - Halo 4 - *Halo: Reach (after Bungie’s contract was finished).*So it makes sense for them to not include the credits. Besides, it’s not like the old games have gone anywhere. As long as you have an Xbox 360 or as long as the Halo games remain backwards compatible, the credits of the original developers will always be there.

1. CEA was built on the work done by Gearbox which in turn was a port of Bungie’s masterpiece. Additionally, Saber Interactive worked on the development of CEA as well.
  2. H2A was built on Bungie’s work. Additionally, it was worked on by Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity (I’ll leave this link here to all the work CA has done for Halo). Lastly, the new cutscenes, a big draw for many, were done by Blur.
  3. Halo 4 is all 343i, so no correction there.
  4. Halo: Reach was developed by Bungie. 343i was responsible for sustaining the MP after the game was released.

So, it’s not fair to discount the work done by Bungie and 343i’s partners. While ending credits might seem like a minor issue (and their lack of inclusion is definitely not game-breaking or anything), it’s where the people who put in tons of effort and hours deserve to have it recognized, whether they work for 343i, Bungie, or any of the other companies mentioned above. As also suggested above, it is a time to ruminate on the experience as well. For example, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the names and messages at the end of Bungie’s games, especially H2 (as that is my favorite game); watching the POA slowly make its way to Alpha Halo at the end of Reach brought forth so many emotions; and so on.

Thinking back to all the remasters I have played (MW2 Remastered being the most recent one), I don’t recall any of those games not having an edited credits scroll at the end, one that includes acknowledgments of the original developers (Infinity Ward for MW2), the ones who remastered the game (Beenox for MW2), and the publisher (Activision). It shows respect for the developers who created the original game and pride for the work the new developers put in.

To OP, I hope 343i adds the credits in as well. While their lack of inclusion did not ruin my enjoyment of the games personally, I hope they get added to complete the experience. It’s also another great opportunity for 343i to get creative since they will be able to add credits for themselves and their partners to the games prior to H4.

I’m just jumping in to add my support to this. Not having the end credits roll at the end of my PC playthroughs of Reach, Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 honestly just sucks so much of the energy out of the games’ finales. I think Reach got it worst of all, but really, it is pretty terrible in every one of these cases. I’m already dreading this with ODST when that drops…

Voicing support to this too. It’s just a weird–Yoink- decision that feels petty at best and careless erasure at worst. Does Halo 4 even have its credits? Why would 343 just remove any mention of the actual human beings who made not just the original Bungie games, but their own game too? That’s slimy as hell. I don’t even think there’s a mention of Bungie anywhere on the MCC, only 343 Industries, which feels extremely dishonest and erasing. 343 didn’t originally make five of the six games in the collection. Not mentioning who made the majority of the collection is beyond -Yoink-. Yes, 343 made the new ports, and that’s awesome, but hey here’s another thing–where are the credits for the people who made the ports? Especially considering how much highlight they get in dev updates, they should be credited for their work in-game.

Hey, I want to say a deep and sincere THANK YOU to all of you who supported my post. I also want to give you my apologies that I did not reply sooner to your replies after all this time (but glad that I finally did!). I’ve never been too deeply involved in the online Halo community or kept up with posts and replies, and…well, I thought after that first guy’s negative reply, I felt this wouldn’t go anywhere. But I was wrong, and this did go somewhere. And thank you for that. Now…how do we get LOUDER about this???

Dam, I just finished halo 2 on the MCC for the first time, and goddam does it feel out of place to just have a black loading screen and then be back in the menu. Going of the arguments on this post, I get that 343 do a lot of work porting this game over or saber did to remaster some of the games, but god dam, give credit where credit is due. I also don’t understand why they would be ripped out so harshly? It be one of the easiest parts to put in.

For some reason, 343 absolutely hated crediting Bungie before, they would do almost everything they can to make a new player think 343 created Halo. In recent years however, they have started to talk more about old Halos and how they want to bring back those days with Halo Infinite.

Just beat Halo 2 on PC and thought my game was broke without the credits. Hell I don’t care if they replace all the credits with 343 employee’s names, just restore the credits!

> 2535431681652249;9:
> Hey, I want to say a deep and sincere THANK YOU to all of you who supported my post. I also want to give you my apologies that I did not reply sooner to your replies after all this time (but glad that I finally did!). I’ve never been too deeply involved in the online Halo community or kept up with posts and replies, and…well, I thought after that first guy’s negative reply, I felt this wouldn’t go anywhere. But I was wrong, and this did go somewhere. And thank you for that. Now…how do we get LOUDER about this???

Scream about it on Twitter and Discord?
We could get a bunch of people in the MCC channel on the Discord server asking about the end credits and why they’re gone.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks.
Closing this off as it’s not a support related request, feel free to use the pinned feedback topics in the MCC forums if this is something you would like to see.