Mini scarab

A mini scarab would be cool

You mean the Locust.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> You mean the Locust.

I would love to see the Locust appear, that and the Vampire. Really underrated vehicles in my opinion.

> 2533274847563380;3:
> > 2533274964189700;2:
> > You mean the Locust.
>
> I would love to see the Locust appear, that and the Vampire. Really underrated vehicles in my opinion.

As much as I like the locust, it effectively being a giant mobile focus rifle probably makes it somewhat difficult in the sandbox. Most vehicles are inaccurate or slow firing, whereas the locust is effectively a long range death beam.

> 2533274964189700;4:
> > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > 2533274964189700;2:
> > > You mean the Locust.
> >
> > I would love to see the Locust appear, that and the Vampire. Really underrated vehicles in my opinion.
>
> As much as I like the locust, it effectively being a giant mobile focus rifle probably makes it somewhat difficult in the sandbox. Most vehicles are inaccurate or slow firing, whereas the locust is effectively a long range death beam.

Really depends on how they decide to tune it. I’d love it if they redesigned the Revenant to fire a focus beam as opposed to the Locust though, as it would be pretty hard to make a walker like the Locust feel particularly comfortable to drive.

No no, I mean like a miniature scarab with an exposed core and everything, bigger than the locust
I meant something like the elephant, it will tank damage but it is not good for vehicle sprees. It should only have a primary beam cannon that is similar to the hunter beam and it should be very easy to board. A neat gimmick rather than an actual viable vehicle to get kills

> 2533274847563380;3:
> > 2533274964189700;2:
> > You mean the Locust.
>
> I would love to see the Locust appear, that and the Vampire. Really underrated vehicles in my opinion.

That would be nice to see the Locust appear but I don’t think we’ll see the Vampire. I’m expecting to see the Seraph in Banished form to appear in Halo Infinite.

Considering halo infinite is a 10 year plan, regardless of positive or negative thoughts on that matter, I hope that means they go all out. Include all current vehicles we’ve ever had and introduce ones we haven’t such as the locust.

Especially considering halo MCC can new additions in its forge such as the seraph, pelican, etc.

My only worry is how they will script the legs, specifically their motions and interaction with the environment.

The large Halo 3 variants had relatively flat ground to move around on, and stayed mostly in the same place.
A smaller variant moving around with similar mobility to other vehicles could be problematic. Legs clipping though geometry, and other weird physics shenanigans when interacting with other vehicles or unlevel terrain spring to mind.

Im not saying I wouldn’t love it, but that there would be a hell of a lot of work to get it up to the fidelity that people would expect.

> 2533274810945725;9:
> My only worry is how they will script the legs, specifically their motions and interaction with the environment.
>
> The large Halo 3 variants had relatively flat ground to move around on, and stayed mostly in the same place.
> A smaller variant moving around with similar mobility to other vehicles could be problematic. Legs clipping though geometry, and other weird physics shenanigans when interacting with other vehicles or unlevel terrain spring to mind.
>
> Im not saying I wouldn’t love it, but that there would be a hell of a lot of work to get it up to the fidelity that people would expect.

For the trade off for having fun I’d be ok with it. Would be cool to use them to traverse flat desert land or something for a campaign but yeah for any other uneven surface would be interesting. If they get it to work then I’d love it haha

> 2533274964189700;2:
> You mean the Locust.

Maybe, maybe not. A mini-scarab could work like some kind of warthog/locust hybrid so people could get on the sides while someone fires a beam type weapon instead of a rocket/machine gun turret, based on the size of the mini-scarab…people could probably grabble hook on the sides to hitch a ride.

> 2533274964189700;4:
> > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > 2533274964189700;2:
> > > You mean the Locust.
> >
> > I would love to see the Locust appear, that and the Vampire. Really underrated vehicles in my opinion.
>
> As much as I like the locust, it effectively being a giant mobile focus rifle probably makes it somewhat difficult in the sandbox. Most vehicles are inaccurate or slow firing, whereas the locust is effectively a long range death beam.

They could just make the vehicle slow. Specifically the turning of the head slowly when firing and give the beam a charge up time.

nice

> 2533274810945725;9:
> My only worry is how they will script the legs, specifically their motions and interaction with the environment.
>
> The large Halo 3 variants had relatively flat ground to move around on, and stayed mostly in the same place.
> A smaller variant moving around with similar mobility to other vehicles could be problematic. Legs clipping though geometry, and other weird physics shenanigans when interacting with other vehicles or unlevel terrain spring to mind.
>
> Im not saying I wouldn’t love it, but that there would be a hell of a lot of work to get it up to the fidelity that people would expect.

I think it should be on one map, like sandbox and it’s elephant
Big vehicle and flat ground, but unlike the elephant, this should have a weaker cannon and and it should be killable
Something like the halo 3 scarab and how that one had an open cockpit and an exposed core

It’s gonna be a b**** to code and program but it would be neat and it would make people play Big team battle more

> 2533274810945725;9:
> My only worry is how they will script the legs, specifically their motions and interaction with the environment.
>
> The large Halo 3 variants had relatively flat ground to move around on, and stayed mostly in the same place.
> A smaller variant moving around with similar mobility to other vehicles could be problematic. Legs clipping though geometry, and other weird physics shenanigans when interacting with other vehicles or unlevel terrain spring to mind.
>
> Im not saying I wouldn’t love it, but that there would be a hell of a lot of work to get it up to the fidelity that people would expect.

my worry is hoping the scarab doesnt glitch through walls like in the scarab ark fight from h3… don’t remember 360 version doing it

They could call it a Dung Beetle. Kappa