Mini-rant / Complaint

I’m hoping a mod will see this as I’ve tried to find a contact number for 343 directly with no luck.

Earlier tonight in a mm game, I was told that I was going to be banned because apparently, winning means you’re cheating. (After telling him that he shouldn’t use my number of kills and rank as proof of cheating, he said that he could ban me for being on the same team as cheaters, even if I was matched through the servers.)

The person that told me this claimed to be a rep of 343 and proceeded to send me message after message calling me random slurs, insulting my gender and my general existence as an intelligent being.

While I understand that people sometimes talk out their butt to get a reaction out of someone, I also know that portraying yourself as someone with the company is also an offense.

If this person truly is a rep of 343, I’ve recorded all off the messages and will gladly send them to whomever I need.

Although he was sure to tell me that my being banned was up to his supervisor, and that if he got the go ahead to ban me, he would “f— up your account, dumb b----.”

Either way, I felt this should be shared. If he’s someone doing this because he likes trolling, he’s breaking the ToS and if he really is a 343 employee, perhaps he shouldn’t be if this is how he represents your company.

He isn’t an employee. Secondly, don’t believe everything on the internet/Xbox Live. If you weren’t cheating you’ve got nothing to be worried about. :slight_smile:

> He isn’t an employee. Secondly, don’t believe everything on the internet/Xbox Live. If you weren’t cheating you’ve got nothing to be worried about. :slight_smile:

agreed, If you weren’t cheating, and some -Yoink!- says they’re going to ban you, then you’re being trolled by some damn -Yoink!-.

> I’m hoping a mod will see this as I’ve tried to find a contact number for 343 directly with no luck.

Please contact B.S. Angel. As far as rep’s for 343 go, I know of none, but I do know she is employed and an employee of 343 who could point you to the appropriate people.

> Earlier tonight in a mm game, I was told that I was going to be banned because apparently, winning means you’re cheating. (After telling him that he shouldn’t use my number of kills and rank as proof of cheating, he said that he could ban me for being on the same team as cheaters, even if I was matched through the servers.)

In events like this, I will offer you only friendly advice of stating, in a calm and collected manner (I say this to you specifically not because you may or may not have been doing something wrong [fact is I wasn’t there and have no clue], but this advice will serve you very well in any endeavor in real life) you did nothing wrong and inquire into what exactly you did wrong?

For example, if you get a hateful message saying you did something wrong and are going to be banned, “My apologies if you believe I was doing something wrong, but I can assure you I was not. Please watch the film. What did you think I was doing?”

Messages like this I’ll be upfront about, I like it when people send messages like this. It only reveals the possibilities of issues for them further down the road when things don’t go as planned for them.

> The person that told me this claimed to be a rep of 343 and proceeded to send me message after message calling me random slurs, insulting my gender and my general existence as an intelligent being.

This is the first indication someone is not a representative. I do apologize you had to go through that, but in the event someone does wish to insult you on these regards, your best bet for resolving the issue will be to record the messages for further discussion, take some time away from the Xbox to clear your head, and return in a cheerful mood. I know its not ideal, but there are some insults I can understand might make a person produce rash and hurtful decisions. Gender related incidents is not something many of us tolerate and if it was our way, the person would no longer have an Xbox for it. Once again, my apologies you had to deal with that.

> While I understand that people sometimes talk out their butt to get a reaction out of someone, I also know that portraying yourself as someone with the company is also an offense.

You are right.

> If this person truly is a rep of 343, I’ve recorded all off the messages and will gladly send them to whomever I need.

You might be asked to produce those. Don’t get rid of them.

> Although he was sure to tell me that my being banned was up to his supervisor, and that if he got the go ahead to ban me, he would “f— up your account, dumb b----.”

Thank you for toning out the commentary. As for directly intervening on a person’s profile, the only authorized authority for such conduct labeling is directly from Microsoft, not one person from 343 can touch your actual profile. That is between you and Microsoft.

> Either way, I felt this should be shared. If he’s someone doing this because he likes trolling, he’s breaking the ToS and if he really is a 343 employee, perhaps he shouldn’t be if this is how he represents your company.

given the circumstances, the conduct already broken, I can safely say they are not. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the forums. I also apologize for the behavior this particular person displayed.

With that said, welcome to Waypoint, please introduce yourself here, using this format.

I’m 99.999% sure that the name you mentioned is in no way affiliated with Halo, Microsoft, or 343 Industries. An employee of any of these wouldn’t act this way on Xbox Live for any reason.

To me, it seems like it’s just someone who’s trolling you or trying to intimidate you because their disgustingly low self-esteem can’t support a decent maturity level.

Had this happen to me not to long ago, I was trash talking some guys (after being trash talked to first, mind you, then dominating them), and one claimed to be a Waypoint moderator (lulz). He kept saying he’ll ban me and whatnot, and (being familiar with all the mods, an active member of the community, as well as the forum policies and morality) I easily called his bluff. I heckled the hell out of him and embarrassed him in front of my party, as well as his peers.

It’s like back in the day when kids would say “Oh, I’ll hack you’re account” when being dominated. It’s just an immature, extremely sleazy, and extremely pathetic way for losers to try and intimidate you.

Don’t let it get you down, call his bluff!

Winning doesn’t mean your cheating. You won’t ever get banned for completing the game’s given goals (I.E first to 50, capture 3 flags to win etc). An employee would never tell you this.

It just means the player (or players) have a problem with losing.

I like to look at this way. If my team is bad for winning, your team is garbage for losing :slight_smile:

Take what you will from that.

Happy hunting waypoint!

I wouldn’t worry

THIS GUY’S PROBABLY A TROLL.

Just ignore him; you weren’t cheating so there’s no way that it would be fair to ban you

Sounds like a case of someone who’s just angry because you beat 'em! I wouldn’t worry about it. A rep from 343i wouldn’t tell anybody that.

I think the above have answered your question. That person was not a 343i staff member, and even if that person was, they couldn’t ban you or do anything to your Xbox Live account. That is Microsoft’s job.