Mini Game Playlists in Halo 4

When I say mine games not only do I refer to the games we see in Action Sack with slayer and objective I also mean the fun games in Infection like Fat Kid, Halo on Halo, Jenga, etc.

This playlist(s) can fall under the double exp weekend that I continue to mention and push in every playlist thread I make.

With this I think it should open up a playlist like Action Sack to not only be a 4v4 playlist but also an 8 man FFA playlist. A 2 in 1 if you will since teams are determined by the gametype and not the playlist. With that we can see stuff like Lava Pit, Race, and other fun gametypes made with gametypes other than infection.

although i realize why you are saying this and do think its a good idea in some ways, it has some problems that you may have not thought of.

It might mess with the customs community because people would just go on these playlists rather than go in a custom game so it would be harder to find people to play with if you wanted to play just with friends, you wanted to try out a new gametype or you did not like action sack. If I haven’t made myself clear enough in this part of the argument then I am sure people will back me up.

Another problem would be what people would want in it. With playlists like TS, arguing about what should and shouldn’t be in the playlists isn’t a hot button topic on these forums because its all pretty much the same and any issues related to it are ones that could have been leveled against most playlists, but with AS it was different, people had gametypes they liked and ones they despised or wanted fixed and their was no major consensus on what should and should’t be in it. Now imagine what would happen if they had even more gametypes, ones just as unique as the other AS games. their would be no consensus on what would be good or bad to an even larger degree. and a few changes can make or break a playlist by changing peoples opinion of it one way or another.

Lets say 343 has a big change of heart and reintroduces AS to reach with additions to it from the major customs games. They do this hoping it would add population to it that was lacking because people liked the playlist but not some of the games in it. But what should they add? there are some popular custom games out there but are they all really good or a game you play once and don’t play again and will they be enjoyed by the general matchmaking audience. What about previously popular custom games, were those games good but people inexplicably forgot about them or are they games people do not want to see again for whatever reason. Lastly, time for a match has to be considered since it does matter(trust me). Some games can really go on forever, should they have a time limit or will that ruin the game, could the score be lowered or number of rounds be brought down. will 343 even consider the community custom games but instead add in games of their own creation. These gametypes will have to be good or else the population won’t become happier with the playlist and go on it more often. That is a daunting task for 343 to endeavor considering they just got the reigns of the Halo franchise and already seem overwhelmed and a bit out of touch.

Getting past all that, 343 has now decided to implement a few new gametypes into AS and now they have to check for any bugs and how play will be changed by matchmaking implementation. people may not have noticed certain ways to exploit a gametype but now it will be exposed to the more competitive side of the game, which means people looking to kill farm, betray, spawn-kill, team-kill, exploit soft killzones and get onto ledges previously thought unreachable and generally ruin gameplay for their own good. maps and gametypes can be ruined by this.

Two words, “Musical Chairs”.

“Mini Games” like “Fatkid”, “Teacher”, ect would never work in really matchmaking because there usually too silly to have competitve gameplay, in which Matchmaking is and has to be. Some of these games require “honor rules” in which you cannot support in Matchmaking.

Pretty much, they are “way to out there” of gametypes ot be incorperated into MM.

> “Mini Games” like “Fatkid”, “Teacher”, ect would never work in really matchmaking because there usually too silly to have competitve gameplay, in which Matchmaking is and has to be.

I stopped right here because Living Dead alone defeats your argument

> > “Mini Games” like “Fatkid”, “Teacher”, ect would never work in really matchmaking because there usually too silly to have competitve gameplay, in which Matchmaking is and has to be.
>
> I stopped right here because Living Dead alone defeats your argument

I would say games like those that can be dragged out to miserable time lengths. Games like those also require honor rules which would be impossible to enforce in the normal matchmaking experience since well… we’re dealing with live people. Living Dead does not defeat the argument because rounds end, they aren’t dragged out and they require no rules. Simply put, it’s “Humans against Zombies: Humans must survive” nothing more. You would also have to take into account that the maps built for these special gametypes have to meet the 4 player splitscreen requirement, and as far as I know, they don’t exist.

However, teams are determined by the coding of the playlist to put x amount of players into y amount of teams. That’s why you don’t see Invasion and Multi Team together. The playlists are set to assign people to a set number of teams.

> > “Mini Games” like “Fatkid”, “Teacher”, ect would never work in really matchmaking because there usually too silly to have competitve gameplay, in which Matchmaking is and has to be.
>
> I stopped right here because Living Dead alone defeats your argument

Infection is s competitive game. You either try to survive, or kill as many humans as possible.Mini games usually have no competitive nature.

Action sack used to have some silly, fun, non-serious/competitive gametypes. People did make some cool things in reach’s forge that worked without honor rules, just bungie and then 343 never wanted to use any of them in action sack. Part of the reason could’ve been framerate issues with maps, but they’re very secretive with their rationale for most things so can’t really be sure about much.

It looks like halo 4’s forge will be a slight step up from reach, though there hasn’t been much (any?) information on the sorts of options for custom games that will be available. And 343 is still too new to feel safe making assumptions about what they’re trying to do, seems like there’s about a 50-50 split now between awesomeness and disappointment. But from seeing what halo players can do with Halo 3, which had pretty limited options, and now reach…there will be a good amount of fun, silly mini-games that don’t require honor rules that could be used in matchmaking. It’s just up to 343 if they want to hate the idea of action sack again or not.

> “Mini Games” like “Fatkid”, “Teacher”, ect would never work in really matchmaking because there usually too silly to have competitve gameplay, in which Matchmaking is and has to be. <mark>Some of these games require “honor rules” in which you cannot support in Matchmaking.</mark>
>
> Pretty much, they are “way to out there” of gametypes ot be incorperated into MM.

That’s the main reason they wouldn’t work.

Anyway, I agree with JPeloquin.

Op, while its fun thought, and would lighten up the mood (infact, I’ve had this idea a few times myself) it just wouldn’t work.

Many of these gametypes have honor rules, and unfortuneatly, very extortable glitches (trust me, I’m a jumper, I’ve broken out of most maps quite easily in customs)

Lets save em for customs shall we? Because we all know how well honor rules do online.

> …Many of these gametypes have honor rules, and unfortuneatly, very extortable glitches (trust me, I’m a jumper, I’ve broken out of most maps quite easily in customs…

Then don’t add the ones with honor rules or extortable glitches… Isn’t that obvious?
343 would need to work with a good team of forgers from the community, who find good content and test it for matchmaking compatibility; Harder things have been done guys, this IS possible.

> Then don’t add the ones with honor rules or extortable glitches… Isn’t that obvious?
> 343 would need to work with a good team of forgers from the community, who find good content and test it for matchmaking compatibility; Harder things have been done guys, this IS possible.

I’ve already got that part covered. That’s the easy part to be quite honest. The hard part is getting the suggestions in Matchmaking.