Mine as well remove vehicles from Castle DLC

Seriously, you made a plasma pistol based achievement for this DLC. WHY. Spawning with the plasma pistol is already ridiculous enough. Imagine going back and time and saying to a die hard halo 2 or 3 fan that you could spawn with a plasma pistol. I doubt theyd be happy about that. (Specifically refering to BTB)

Im in a vehicle for no longer than 2 minutes in this dlc so far.
I know this topic has been talked about a lot. But if youre going to make a Big team map pack. Why promote use of the plasma pistol… -_-

Lets also mention how ridiculous the DMR is against vehicles and oh yeah plasma grenades. Almost forgot to mention those.

Remember when you needed a power weapon to take out vehicles?

I feel like Wheelman’s durability upgrade for vehicles should just be standard across the board.

If 343i was listening to the fans about how broken vehicle combat is in this game, then I don’t think they’d put that awful Achievement in the map pack. That’d be like if there was an Achievement “Get 20 kills with the Boltshot” or “Use the DMR for 50 games straight”.

If 343i is listening, then they have selective hearing.

> If 343i is listening, then they have selective hearing.

I agree.

If you listen to their commentary, it is obvious what their mindest is when it comes to vehicle combat and map design. They go on and on about spartans gloriously taking out vehicles solo; without any sense of remorse, they also make it clear that drivers should be afraid of every rock and crevice.

> If 343i was listening to the fans about how broken vehicle combat is in this game, then I don’t think they’d put that awful Achievement in the map pack. That’d be like if there was an Achievement “Get 20 kills with the Boltshot” or “Use the DMR for 50 games straight”.
>
>
> If 343i is listening, then they have selective hearing.

If they were listening why make an achievement based on an armor ability almost no one uses?

> I feel like Wheelman’s durability upgrade for vehicles should just be standard across the board.

Durability is still nothing. I use the wheelman upgrade just so I have a short EMP time. Still though you die from 2 plasma grenades on the warthog and ghost and 3 plasmas in the larger vehicles. Even without the wheelman upgrade the durability of the vehicle against the plethora of loadout plasma grenades is the EXACT same. Useless.

From the little bits of exploring I’ve done in the Castle Maps, I’m not even sure why these are called Vehicle maps. Perdition maybe, because its streets are actually wide and corners aren’t tight.

But the other two maps, its like Vehicle death traps.

The Banshee they “just had to add” to Daybreak, is pointless on a map with such a low celing and no ability to fly outside the boundries of the island at all. Here, fly in this very small area, and try not to die. You can’t fly over the mountains, because that would be wrong, so please stay in instant death range.

The caves in Daybreak are pointless for driving, unless its a mongoose, the warthog will stay right where it is. There is not enough space between the two bases for any kind of driving to matter.

Outcast is better, but honestly, not much. Its still extremely narrow paths, easy hijack ambush points and that Wraith is just damn screwed.

Spawning with plasma pistols and grenades is not the issue.

The issue is that players are given two plasma grenades at start when they should be given only one. The other thing is that vehicles are too weak.

Grenades to kill should be:

Mongoose-2
Ghost-2
Warthog-3
Banshee-3
Mantis-3
Tank-4
Wraith-4

> Spawning with plasma pistols and grenades is not the issue.
>
> The issue is that players are given two plasma grenades at start when they should be given only one. The other thing is that vehicles are too weak.
>
>
> Grenades to kill should be:
>
> Mongoose-2
> Ghost-2
> Warthog-3
> Banshee-3
> Mantis-3
> Tank-4
> Wraith-4

I’m perfectly ok with that, so long as the Tanks/Mantis still are vulnerable to boarding insta kills and that the vehicles with visible passengers, they (passengers) should be able to be killed if the Plasma sticks them directly.

> > Spawning with plasma pistols and grenades is not the issue.
> >
> > The issue is that players are given two plasma grenades at start when they should be given only one. The other thing is that vehicles are too weak.
> >
> >
> > Grenades to kill should be:
> >
> > Mongoose-2
> > Ghost-2
> > Warthog-3
> > Banshee-3
> > Mantis-3
> > Tank-4
> > Wraith-4
>
> I’m perfectly ok with that, so long as the Tanks/Mantis still are vulnerable to boarding insta kills and that the vehicles with visible passengers, they (passengers) should be able to be killed if the Plasma sticks them directly.

Of course you could board them and insta-kill them or directly stick a passenger, I have no problem with that. I’m just talking about sticking the vehicle itself.

>
> The issue is that players are given two plasma grenades at start when they should be given only one. The other thing is that vehicles are too weak.
>
>
>
> Mongoose-2
> Ghost-2
> Warthog-3
> Banshee-3
> Mantis-3
> Tank-4
> Wraith-4

You have a good point here, but spawning with the plasma pistol is a HUGE issue that shouldn’t be overlooked.

>
>
>
>
> Mongoose-2
> Ghost-2
> Warthog-3
> Banshee-3
> Mantis-3
> Tank-4
> Wraith-4

This would definitely satisfy my anger, unfortunately it’s not this way.

When they do this, and fix the DMR, I am so down to come back to Halo 4.

> Seriously, you made a plasma pistol based achievement for this DLC. WHY. Spawning with the plasma pistol is already ridiculous enough. Imagine going back and time and saying to a die hard halo 2 or 3 fan that you could spawn with a plasma pistol. I doubt theyd be happy about that. (Specifically refering to BTB)
>
> Im in a vehicle for no longer than 2 minutes in this dlc so far.
> I know this topic has been talked about a lot. But if youre going to make a Big team map pack. Why promote use of the plasma pistol… -_-
>
> Lets also mention how ridiculous the DMR is against vehicles and oh yeah plasma grenades. Almost forgot to mention those.
>
> Remember when you needed a power weapon to take out vehicles?

I am a Die Hard Halo 2 fan and I don’t see a problem with Plasma Pistol starts.

It would be better if the maps that are made for BTB were a bit more vehicle friendly most of them give people the chance to get close to stick or to emp. Vehicles need a bit more space to move around and to be able to last a bit longer than they do.

Although it took me a while to get the Plasma Pistol related achievo lol.

> Seriously, you made a plasma pistol based achievement for this DLC. WHY. Spawning with the plasma pistol is already ridiculous enough. Imagine going back and time and saying to a die hard halo 2 or 3 fan that you could spawn with a plasma pistol. I doubt theyd be happy about that. (Specifically refering to BTB)
>
> Im in a vehicle for no longer than 2 minutes in this dlc so far.
> I know this topic has been talked about a lot. But if youre going to make a Big team map pack. Why promote use of the plasma pistol… -_-
>
> Lets also mention how ridiculous the DMR is against vehicles and oh yeah plasma grenades. Almost forgot to mention those.
>
> Remember when you needed a power weapon to take out vehicles?

Remember when you could do nothing against an enemy warthog on standoff?

The expression is “might as well”