Might be to early. But do you want....

Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.

Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.

No, thank you.

What he said ^

> 2533274809365657;1:
> Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.
>
> Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.

Reasons I would absolutely not play Halo Infinite:

1. Armor Abilities

That’s the list.

I mean in a small sense they already are. While it may have size limits etc we don’t know about repulse seems to be very similar Armour lock. We have sprint and grapple shot is just a mo skill based version of the jet pack.

They may be pick ups rather than load outs but they function similarly.

Yes and no. Probably not in the case of actual online matches, since equipment is essentially abilities. However it would be sweet if some abilities are developed on the side and thrown in forge/custom games to see if the community can come up with anything fun to use them with. I agree jet packs were tons of fun

I wouldn’t mind Armour Abilities in the game if they were in Custom Games only so you can mess around with the settings, like you said. Like how skulls were introduced to Halo 2 multiplayer matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

> 2533274866153233;6:
> Yes and no. Probably not in the case of actual online matches, since equipment is essentially abilities. However it would be sweet if some abilities are developed on the side and thrown in forge/custom games to see if the community can come up with anything fun to use them with. I agree jet packs were tons of fun

I was more of an evade fan. Going off hills and lifts when it’s low gravity and high speed.

I liked armor abilities in vanilla Reach plain Jane fair start regular slayer. That was it though. Didn’t care for AAs in most of the other playlists other than maybe Team Objective, didn’t like AAs at all whatsoever in Halo 4. But with Infinite I like what I’m seeing too. I never had a problem with the pickup system. I thought it was neat how in Reach they sort of built that in to the Spartan, and then some playlists, like MLG Slayer, even though it was a toxic DMRs only nightmare, had a cool concept where nobody had AAs, but there would be AAs on the map as a pickup, like sprint or jet pack, that one player could grab and use to their advantage with certain limitations until death. Infinite seems to be doing something like that, having these pickups and maybe in customs they could potentially be built-in. I like that blend of 3/Reach I’m seeing because I liked both systems. I think pickups are more fair than the alternative, but I have to say as long as everyone started with the same weapon load outs then the abilities being varied always was enjoyable to me, because it added a little more spontaneity.

> 2533274809365657;1:
> Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.
>
> Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.

no armor abilities… that destroy halo gameplay and dinamics…

I did not personally enjoy armor abilities, except maybe Hologram. Camo is great, too, but it should be a pickup, which it will be.

Is the Grapple and what not an armor ability in its self?

Solid no.

> 2533274802184579;10:
> > 2533274809365657;1:
> > Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.
> >
> > Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.
>
> no armor abilities… that destroy halo gameplay and dinamics…

I may be wrong, but when people say Armor Abilities all I think of is their age. This isn’t to belittle them, but just a trend I see with people who actually thought Reach multiplayer was good.

> 2533274792737987;14:
> > 2533274802184579;10:
> > > 2533274809365657;1:
> > > Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.
> > >
> > > Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.
> >
> > no armor abilities… that destroy halo gameplay and dinamics…
>
> I may be wrong, but when people say Armor Abilities all I think of is their age. This isn’t to belittle them, but just a trend I see with people who actually thought Reach multiplayer was good.

No doubt, like I understand people may have liked Reach but you cannot deny it started the downfall of Halo. Halo Infinite is almost like what Reach should’ve been minus maybe sprint,slide, and clamber.

> 2533274826926032;15:
> > 2533274792737987;14:
> > > 2533274802184579;10:
> > > > 2533274809365657;1:
> > > > Armor abilities to come back as equipment to pick up and use? Like what was shown to us with the GH and the thing what can shoot back emps.
> > > >
> > > > Like I found in Customs when you turned up whatever to 300 evade and the T-pack would just send you flying. And that was fun.
> > >
> > > no armor abilities… that destroy halo gameplay and dinamics…
> >
> > I may be wrong, but when people say Armor Abilities all I think of is their age. This isn’t to belittle them, but just a trend I see with people who actually thought Reach multiplayer was good.
>
> No doubt, like I understand people may have liked Reach but you cannot deny it started the downfall of Halo. Halo Infinite is almost like what Reach should’ve been minus maybe sprint,slide, and clamber.

Fully agree. Halo Infinite is “Halo 4” in my eyes. I don’t mind the slower sprint, slide, and clamber. Slide is the thing I am less happy about however this is the closest we are going to get to classic. I hope they make a playlist with no sprint/slide/clamber and call it Classic.

> 2533274809365657;1:
>

I was about to say yes but then I remember Jet Pack and Armor Lock.

> 2533274836969644;5:
> I mean in a small sense they already are. While it may have size limits etc we don’t know about repulse seems to be very similar Armour lock. We have sprint and grapple shot is just a mo skill based version of the jet pack.
>
> They may be pick ups rather than load outs but they function similarly.

The Repulsor is nothing like Armor Lock. Armor Lock was straight gunfight stopping cheese. The Repulsor is a mobility tool and a defensive one that seems to require some decent timing to pull off the flashy trick we saw in the reveal. It may well require aiming as well. It’s also a pickup on the map, and you can clearly see if someone has it.

Anyone could be spawning with Armor Lock and you could just tap the AA input to go invulnerable to then turn around the camera to instantly melee the dude fighting you. Entirely different playing fields.

I see this same sentiment with the grappleshot too. You don’t spawn with these things. They’re map pickups. There’s only one, you fight over it. That’s Halo. Of course they’re probably gonna counter stuff and be good, they’re essentially just beefed up utility items. Could you imagine the reaction to seeing the power drain from Halo 3 in the reveal? “Holy crap that AoE ball thing looks nuts! It drains shields AND counters every vehicle in the game! It’s gonna break the sandbox!” It didnt, because it’s a map pickup and it can be controlled through timers or be outright removed.

> 2533274923428997;18:
> > 2533274836969644;5:
> > I mean in a small sense they already are. While it may have size limits etc we don’t know about repulse seems to be very similar Armour lock. We have sprint and grapple shot is just a mo skill based version of the jet pack.
> >
> > They may be pick ups rather than load outs but they function similarly.
>
> The Repulsor is nothing like Armor Lock. Armor Lock was straight gunfight stopping cheese. The Repulsor is a mobility tool and a defensive one that seems to require some decent timing to pull off the flashy trick we saw in the reveal. It may well require aiming as well. It’s also a pickup on the map, and you can clearly see if someone has it.
>
> Anyone could be spawning with Armor Lock and you could just tap the AA input to go invulnerable to then turn around the camera to instantly melee the dude fighting you. Entirely different playing fields.
>
> I see this same sentiment with the grappleshot too. You don’t spawn with these things. They’re map pickups. There’s only one, you fight over it. That’s Halo. Of course they’re probably gonna counter stuff and be good, they’re essentially just beefed up utility items. Could you imagine the reaction to seeing the power drain from Halo 3 in the reveal? “Holy crap that AoE ball thing looks nuts! It drains shields AND counters every vehicle in the game! It’s gonna break the sandbox!” It didnt, because it’s a map pickup and it can be controlled through timers or be outright removed.

Extremely well said. I want to see how fast you can equip and then use grapple shot or repulser.

It’s of course very likely that in the course of ten years halo infinite additional equipment will be added, probably also some inspired by abilities/equipment from the previous games.
What is still don’t get is in which “slot” the power ups belong. I figured those count as equipment as well but seeing a Spartan pick up a camo with the grapple, shouldn’t that make him drop the grapple?

Anyway looking forward to all the custom games that will be designed with different equipment load outs and manipulations! Equipment super fiesta will find it’s way into Halo Infinite and it will be chaos, frustrating and glorious!