Midnight Releases

Are there any confirmed companies(Best Buy, GameStop, etc.) that are going to do midnight releases for Halo: CEA?

I certainly hope not. The whole idea of staying up until midnight and waiting outside of a store to be the first one to buy a new video game is ridiculous.

> I certainly hope not. The whole idea of staying up until midnight and waiting outside of a store to be the first one to buy a new video game is ridiculous.

Somebody doesn’t know what fun is.
I just like to get the game as soon as possible and play it as soon as possible. Especially a game like Halo 4, I want to play the campaign ASAP.

> > I certainly hope not. The whole idea of staying up until midnight and waiting outside of a store to be the first one to buy a new video game is ridiculous.
>
> Somebody doesn’t know what fun is.
> I just like to get the game as soon as possible and play it as soon as possible. Especially a game like Halo 4, I want to play the campaign ASAP.

I go to bed early, get up early, go for my morning walk, and pick the game up on the way home. Then I spend all day and stay up all night playing it. I just don’t see the point of playing the game for the first time when I’m already tired from waiting outside the store all night…

That’s why you sleep the whole day before the launch, then at 10 o’clock go eat at Denny’s and afterwards, go to Gamestop and wait.

> That’s why you sleep the whole day before the launch, then at 10 o’clock go eat at Denny’s and afterwards, go to Gamestop and wait.

I still don’t see the attraction. Sorry, but that’s just me.

pre order

get it next day

It all depends if the store gets a lot of pre orders. If they meet a certain amount of pre orders, then they will have a midnight release. Closer to launch, you can always call the store to ask if they will be having one.

I do believe thought hat Gamestop will have a midnight launch. The new Assassins Creed is coming out the same day. A lot of midnight launches will release multiple titles.

It usually depends on the store.

i hope gamestop will :slight_smile:

United Kingdom’s Game and Gamestation are doing this. Just thought i’d confirm.

> pre order
>
> get it launch day

Fixed

12am isn’t late at all, I enjoy the hustle and bustle game launches create. Sometimes you even get a chance to score some free swag and stuff.

> > I certainly hope not. The whole idea of staying up until midnight and waiting outside of a store to be the first one to buy a new video game is ridiculous.
>
> Somebody doesn’t know what fun is.
> I just like to get the game as soon as possible and play it as soon as possible. Especially a game like Halo 4, I want to play the campaign ASAP.

QFT. I love the Halo launches. Tournaments, and full of fun! Than you go home and either be a buzzkill and go sleeply spleep or be me and stay up all night playing and skip school lol

It depends entirely on which store you go to. They always have one at the GameStop near my house. Just call or go in and ask as the release date draws close.