Midnight Release?

I’m going to the Microsoft Store midnight release in Los Angeles, and I would really like to be one of the first 100 people there. What time should I arrive there? I was thinking maybe 8 PM?

I don’t know for sure. I’m known for showing up way too early, but 8 pm may not do it. depends on how hardcore some of the people are. I’d say 6.

Well, what do you do for 4 hours?

> I’m going to the Microsoft Store midnight release in Los Angeles, and I would really like to be one of the first 100 people there. What time should I arrive there? I was thinking maybe 8 PM?

Bring an Xbox in your bag and set it up with a T.V or Projector and politely ask Microsoft to use their electricity. Then play Halo CE until Halo Anniversary comes out.

For the Reach launch I waited about 26… But there are tons of great people that should be around. Plus with it being the main launch, I’m sure they’ll have stuff to keep you entertained. The time actually flies by. My buddies here in Seattle all line up at the same time. it’s a custom for us now.

Meh, I guess I’ll get in line at around 4, the earliest I can reach the store. And…I’ll bring a controller.

> > I’m going to the Microsoft Store midnight release in Los Angeles, and I would really like to be one of the first 100 people there. What time should I arrive there? I was thinking maybe 8 PM?
>
> Bring an Xbox in your bag and set it up with a T.V or Projector and politely ask Microsoft to use their electricity. Then play Halo CE until Halo Anniversary comes out.

Yea, at the ODST Launch and Reach Launch I was able to siphon the electricity to set up a tv and 360. Bungie was the one who suggested it. Crazy. Definitely try it.

> For the Reach launch I waited about 26… But there are tons of great people that should be around. Plus with it being the main launch, I’m sure they’ll have stuff to keep you entertained. The time actually flies by. My buddies here in Seattle all line up at the same time. it’s a custom for us now.

sweet mother of god… 26 hours?
I waited 8 and I thought I was a halo fan…

> > For the Reach launch I waited about 26… But there are tons of great people that should be around. Plus with it being the main launch, I’m sure they’ll have stuff to keep you entertained. The time actually flies by. My buddies here in Seattle all line up at the same time. it’s a custom for us now.
>
> sweet mother of god… 26 hours?
> I waited 8 and I thought I was a halo fan…

Yea, I’ve developed a bad habit of being first in line. Also being in Seattle made things a little tougher. Not only was I lining up for the release, but also Bungie’s last Halo party at the EMP. So there was more to it than just the game. Not to mention I lived less than a mile from the site where there party was held. It was easy to get nourishment if needed.

So technically, I got in line at 10 pm the night before to wait for the party that started at 7. Less than 24 hours if we wanna be picky.

Just one more question, how are they going to keep track of what number you are in line? In other midnight releases, there was never really a line, people just crowded around the door.

I found most people are quite respectful of the “line” rules. Not to mention that event staff should be on hand to sort of keep things in order.

Bring your RV to the store and camp there. Get in the store at 3PM or earlier if lines start to form