Midnight Launchers?

Who else is going to a midnight launch? This is my first one so I’d like to know how early I should go. If you want tell you best or worst Midnight Launch story for any other title.

I will. Halo: Reach was my first. I made it there at about 9:00PM when only 5 people were there. At about 11:30, a little more than 100 people showed up.

if you want to know how early that you should go is the day before ha im just kiding but you should go very early because there will be lots of people

I’m going to the midnight launch. I always show up around 10:30pm.

Worst midnight launch? Halo 2 by far. Not because of the game. But because the Gamestop I went to was SO disorganized that angry customers were just going to the front of the line demanding their money back. Showed up at 11:00pm and didn’t make it home until about 2:30am.

I say show up at least an hour before the release. It gets really crowded after that.

I am.
I’ve been to a few.
I even dressed up for three events. Gears of War 3, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3!
I might not dress up for Halo 4, though. Sorry. It’s not as fun as I thought.

It really all depends on the size of your city and how many retailers are doing midnight launches.

Where im from we have 3 Gamestops, 1 Best Buy, and two Walmarts.

I pre-ordered mine at one of the Gamestops. The store closes at 9:30 and will reopen at 12:00.

At Reaches Launch there were people there since 9:30 and at 12:00 it took roughly 30 mins to get in and out.

I would at least get there an hour early.

I am going, can’t wait to get the LE. =D

As others have said, it mainly depends on your city, population, average age ect…

My town is kind of small and mainly houses older citizens and also has a target and best buy so…I got to my gamestop around 11 and there were only 10 or so people in front of me and by 12 there were only 5-10 people at most behind me. It wasnt crazy.

Now if you expect to go to a New York City opening?.. Id say get there at around 4pm maybe earlier XD

> As others have said, it mainly depends on your city, population, average age ect…
>
>
> My town is kind of small and mainly houses older citizens and also has a target and best buy so…I got to my gamestop around 11 and there were only 10 or so people in front of me and by 12 there were only 5-10 people at most behind me. It wasnt crazy.
>
> Now if you expect to go to a New York City opening?.. Id say get there at around 4pm maybe earlier XD

I’m in a relatively small suburb outside of Chicago so I should be safe going at like 10:30, there are a couple Walmarts and a Best Buy near too so I should be safe (there may be another Gamestop too)

i have been to a lot of midnight launches(my first started with H2) and rule of thumb…Get there early around 9-10ish if you want the game in your hands at midnight. But if you cant, get there as early as you can.example:worst was mw2 launch for me(please no haters now) and i got there at around 10-10:30 pm ; line had around 20-30 people or so.At around 11:30 we had like 150 people there. lucky i got there when i did and just sat there on my phone and played games and stuff. for me i want the game in my hand at midnight (because i live 3 min. away from my gamestop and be one of the first to play it) so i will get there at 9 and make sure i will have a little cooler or something and play on my phone til midnight. That’s my plan so far. (note: bring a chair if you have friends NOT waiting in line.If you don’t, don’t bother. )One more thing people on here have said it depends on a big city and small city etc. and that’s a factor as well.

Nope. I have school the day it comes out.

> I’m going to the midnight launch. I always show up around 10:30pm.
>
> Worst midnight launch? Halo 2 by far. Not because of the game. But because the Gamestop I went to was SO disorganized that angry customers were just going to the front of the line demanding their money back. Showed up at 11:00pm and didn’t make it home until about 2:30am.

that sucks :/, i remember we had a little disorganized as well(halo 2 im talking about) but luckily they had like 5 people on the registers and flying thru people.

I might, but the only game store around here is Best Buy and that is like 15 miles away. I’ll just have it shipped to my house.

My first was Halo 3. I showed up at 9:00 to find about 10 people already waiting. It was an amazing night of gaming tournament and general fun. Sadly, I have never been a midnight release as awesome as this one was.

To answer your question, I wouldn’t show up any earlier than 9:30. These days, I usually wait until 10 (midnight release events just aren’t the same). I would suggest bringing a folding chair and food, but that’s me.

Yep. When I found out the launch was november 6th I made plans with 10 of my best bro’s to go!

I’ll definitely be there. Typically I like to get there a couple hours early, partly to ensure I get a good place in line, but mostly because I’m just so excited I don’t want to be anywhere else. The local GameStop has finished within 30-45 minutes for most of the recent big releases, though.

I’ve never really had a bad midnight release story; the best one was Halo 3. The GameStop I went to had this MASSIVE flat screen set up outside with Halo 2, manned by multiple employees. At the expense of a good place in line, people lined up to play. It was nice, having that to watch and cheer while we waited.

My best advice: if it’s 11:00 and you’re not there yet, don’t bother arriving until 12:20 or so.

Reach was my first. I was about 11th in line. Anniversary was my second… I was Third lol.

I will be getting LE at Midnight! So Stoked! Gonna be prepared with food and drink this time lol.

Halo 2 was the worst for me. Though, worst is a bad word to use. It was the longest, but i had a great tome. I camped for about 3 hours and it took me 5-10 min to get the game.

I’m going to a gamestop and getting there around 10ish for 4. Unless you are getting LE… I’d probably go to walmart. Walmarts don’t have preorders(i’m pretty sure) but they normally carry tons of copies and have small lines. Just get there like 20 min early.

More to add…
Forgot to mention this as well…(mostly for younger players) if your under the age of 18 make sure you have an adult go with you because you my not get your game.
Gamestop is where i usually go so here is how it breaks down…

1. arrive and if they are ask the gamestop reps(if outside) or other people in line if you need to get a new receipt(most of the ones i been to times are they do and they tell you to go inside and get it /or pay the rest off.then you get your new receipt.they do this to make the line go faster.)

2. hold onto the receipt until midnight.(if you loose it your screwed because if it comes down to 11:30 and people are there and u lose your receipt they tell you to wait until they get done with the others,meaning your at the end of the line :frowning: … ).

3. other then that be careful of some of the people(alot of people to the ones i went to were shady and doing drugs outside(GTA 4 launch and im not kidding). But to clarify i went to one gamestop in a not so nice neighbor hood so thats to be expected.

4. other then that remember everything else i have said and have a good time. :slight_smile: