Mid Season Balance Discussion!

Check out the notes Here

Not trying to beat Breezy to the punch… But I kinda am… lol

This new balance update is exactly what we needed. This is a massive update to balancing and will completely mix up the meta. There is so much to discuss. From T1 infanty to T2 vehicles and so much more. So please… Thoughts!

Personally I am completely stoked for the infantry upgrades and marines becoming viable. Especially as a Cutter main. This is huge news for a balanced Unit Triangle. Better watch out! I’ll be rocking Cutter ladies. Been way too long :wink:

I was waiting for all of the notes before I posted but ok…

Lol kidding, any post is a good post.I’m loving seeing the T1 balance changes. If you get too far behind in T1 you have no chance of winning the game. Additionally buffs/changes to shrapnel mines make basic Grunts much more viable.

Too many changes to get my head around lol, i’m just glad Atriox hasn’t been touched again :smiley: Although cheaper and faster build speeds on the Jump Pack brutes is going to be good :wink:

Forgehog and Deci put in check.
Marine buff.
Longer build time for all heroes.
Cheaper skitterers.

I’m happy so far

> 2533274927740213;2:
> I was waiting for all of the notes before I posted but ok…

Hahah yeah didn’t even notice that he was in the middle of posting more tbh… There is so darn much to look at here. It’s gonna take forever to look at it all, this is such a massive change. Wow. Gonna take forever for the meta to change I think.

This game actually may be playable again. It’s probably gonna feel like a whole new game. And here I am, just the other day thinking about giving up on it… Not now :slight_smile:

> 2535409067250374;5:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> > I was waiting for all of the notes before I posted but ok…
>
> Hahah yeah didn’t even notice that he was in the middle of posting more tbh… There is so darn much to look at here. It’s gonna take forever to look at it all, this is such a massive change. Wow. Gonna take forever for the meta to change I think.
>
> This game actually may be playable again. It’s probably gonna feel like a whole new game. And here I am, just the other day thinking about giving up on it… Not now :slight_smile:

I agree with that. I was done playing competitively until ATN, but I’ll hop on to play through these changes.

The best thing about it is this

> This is a server-side update that will not require a patch/download

I feel like Sgt Johnson got more less a nerd than a buff. They didn’t give him much love imo. I was thinking a buff to the Hero would’ve been the minimum…

ODSTs:
Grenade damage much more consistent
SMG DPS increased +43%
Range increased +40%
Gets additional bonus range against air units
HP (per squad member) increased +46%
Demolition charge damage vs buildings reduced -25%
ODSTs are back!

But ODSTs are back for sure. Helljumpers got a lil more Hell with them now. Actually an elite trooper now. I’m stoked. Can’t wait for this patch to drop!

Same with Kodiacs +33% range and +8% Damage buff. That’s pretty awesome too. Especially since I asked for it in a different forum just yesterday lol.

> 2533274908554466;3:
> Too many changes to get my head around lol, i’m just glad Atriox hasn’t been touched again :smiley: Although cheaper and faster build speeds on the Jump Pack brutes is going to be good :wink:

Maybe Atriox will get a big buff when AtN drops. Make him a god again in the eyes of Banished lovers haha.

Probably not though. RIP Atriox

im happy that Isabel finally got some love and forge got what he had coming. the rest of this season will hopefully show the greatness of halo wars 2

> 2535409067250374;9:
> > 2533274908554466;3:
> > Too many changes to get my head around lol, i’m just glad Atriox hasn’t been touched again :smiley: Although cheaper and faster build speeds on the Jump Pack brutes is going to be good :wink:
>
> Maybe Atriox will get a big buff when AtN drops. Make him a god again in the eyes of Banished lovers haha.
>
> Probably not though. RIP Atriox

OX is till decent.
Also, the jump brute buff makes his mine-drop passive much more deadly

> 2535409067250374;9:
> > 2533274908554466;3:
> > Too many changes to get my head around lol, i’m just glad Atriox hasn’t been touched again :smiley: Although cheaper and faster build speeds on the Jump Pack brutes is going to be good :wink:
>
> Maybe Atriox will get a big buff when AtN drops. Make him a god again in the eyes of Banished lovers haha.
>
> Probably not though. RIP Atriox

I think people underestimate the value of the Supply Curve change as an indirect buff to Atriox. No one can claim bases faster or easier.

im actually pretty interested in seeing the change to decimus Y ability 8 beams sounds like a mini eradication

BOUNDLESS SIPHON NO LONGER APPLIES TO WARLORD!?! RIP Decimus dominated meta lol. Very happy to see this change, as well as Kinsano hero buffs! The Johnson hero damage nerf kind of confuses me though.

> 2533274967376955;14:
> BOUNDLESS SIPHON NO LONGER APPLIES TO WARLORD!?! RIP Decimus dominant meta lol. Very happy to see this change, as well as Kinsano hero buffs! The Johnson hero damage nerf kind of confuses me though.

I feel like they didn’t buff some of the weaker leaders like Johnson like they should have… they seem to only have traded buffs and nerfs. He didn’t get anything at all really…

Anders gets a nice indirect buff though. With Kodiacs 33% range increase// Seige turret damage increase and the sentinel response increasing to 5sec is nice.

Im more than okay with the Warlord nerf. He was just a strong bad as Colony pre nerfs lol

Is it just me or does ske7ch post much more detailed stats on the changes of late?

I’m a bit disappointed Johnson didn’t get more buffs. It does look like CA/343 are very serious about getting the game in great shape for the release of Awakening The Nightmare though.

Did Elite rangers really need a nerf? Lmfao. Horrible decision. Especially when snipers receive a buff.

No more Scarab “y” ability"… Faceplam. How is it fair that the condor has a Y ability but not the scarab? This will make he unit almost useless.

Cant believe nobody mentions the improvement to the grunt Y ability. It’s basically a grenade throw, and a mine at the same time. I like!

I like the forge hog changes, however I think he’s still too fast for teir 1 units. The only way to kill him is by stunning him with jp brutes or anything with stun. Otherwise he rides off. (With decent micro.)

Jackrabbits didn’t need a nerf. They are trash.

> 2533274795070582;17:
> Did Elite rangers really need a nerf? Lmfao.
>
> No more Scarab “y” ability"… Faceplam.

They did.
Way outperformed their UNSC counterparts.

I’m concerned about the vast amount of changes that they implemented at once. There’s a lot of good stuff in this patch (yap yap, forge, decimus) however there is a ton of stuff that I’m not sure about yet.

Absolutely EPIC patch for balancing. This it’s a reignition of the game right here!

I honestly am liking everything I see! Less of a Hero meta but still making them viable as “line breaker” units. Johnson and Isabel love! About time!