MicroTransactions, Battle Royale and Halo.

As Halo Infinite Multiplayer is going to be free to play, there needs to be a way so 343 profits. They are a company, they need to profit. Do I think microtransactions are great? NO

But there are lots of ways to implement microtransactions:

• THE WORST : Pay to Win, i.e REQ Packs, BF2 Lootboxes
  • Ideal For the Devs/Players : Comsetics and special edition skins (With no Gameplay Effect)
  • The BEST : Nothing. Just the game.

Arena and armor skins don’t work. Free to play + Armor Skins CONFIRM BATTLE ROYALE! People need to accept it, you can always play arena, but the gaming industry has changed. Battle Royale has taken the lead. That’s the reason why MCC has a peek of 7k players.

Personal Thoughts

• Halo and BR has almost never worked (as fan projects)
  • Microtrasactions shouldn’t be Pay to Win

TL:DR : Battle Royale is coming, with microtransactions.

This is some 3AM conspiracy stuff right here, armor skins doesn’t by default confirm a battle royale mode, Halo 4 had armor skins and all it confirmed was that armor skins were in Halo 4.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> This is some 3AM conspiracy stuff right here, armor skins doesn’t by default confirm a battle royale mode, Halo 4 had armor skins and all it confirmed was that armor skins were in Halo 4.

Arena : Blue vs Red
Halo Infinite : Rainbow + Purple

So what about Free to play?

id be down with a Halo battle royale, i like battle royales.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> This is some 3AM conspiracy stuff right here, armor skins doesn’t by default confirm a battle royale mode, Halo 4 had armor skins and all it confirmed was that armor skins were in Halo 4.

^^^ This, cause a game is FTP and has cosmetics it didn’t mean a BR mode is coming, especially when 343 pretty much said the only BR they are interested in is the Battle Rifle

> 2535461615696415;4:
> So what about Free to play?

Free to play doesn’t automatically denote that it is a Battle Royale either. Weapon skins or character skins can be present within an arena game.

> 2533274861671321;5:
> id be down with a Halo battle royale, i like battle royales.

Oh yes, Halo Infinite should totally get a Battle Royale. Imagine the possibilities. Just as long as there aren’t any Loadouts like CoD then I’m fine with whatever 343i does.

> 2535461615696415;1:
> As Halo Infinite Multiplayer is going to be free to play, there needs to be a way so 343 profits. They are a company, they need to profit. Do I think microtransactions are great? NO
>
> But there are lots of ways to implement microtransactions:
>
> * THE WORST : Pay to Win, i.e REQ Packs, BF2 Lootboxes
> * Ideal For the Devs/Players : Comsetics and special edition skins (With no Gameplay Effect)
> * The BEST : Nothing. Just the game.
>
> Arena and armor skins don’t work. Free to play + Armor Skins CONFIRM BATTLE ROYALE! People need to accept it, you can always play arena, but the gaming industry has changed. Battle Royale has taken the lead. That’s the reason why MCC has a peek of 7k players.
>
> Personal Thoughts
> - Halo and BR has almost never worked (as fan projects)
> - Microtrasactions shouldn’t be Pay to Win
>
> TL:DR : Battle Royale is coming, with microtransactions.
> ,

You know plenty of companies make a profit off of selling a full priced game and associated merchandise. Micro transactions are not the sole money maker.

But also please cool your jets. They’re acutely aware of the problems with Halo 5s systems and any microtransaction content (if any at all) will A. Probably not affect the game and B. Be purely optional.

I don’t think mtx confirms BR but I think there will be a BR anyway. Probably not at launch but sometime down the line.

A battle royale for Infinite would just about be my worst nightmare. Just look at what happened with MW2019 when there was a battle royale. Yes, it was successful, but Activision completely gave up on classic MP and campaign in favor for Warzone. I don’t want that for Halo. If I wanted a Battle Royale, I would make it in Forge

I agree it is coming however I do believe they will put their own spin on what BR means to them. I do believe it will be there at launch but I also believe it will be a mixture of what traditional BR is and their own Warzone from H5.

the biggest issue I have is whether they will shift their primary focus away from the core arena playlists. As long as the core arena playlists/campaign do not suffer because of a larger style of battle which most companies are jumping on board with (haven’t played a BR style in any other games but everything I’ve seen indicates there will be something of the sort). Halo is already “late to the party” sort of speak with its delay (happy they delayed), I do think the Royale will be in at launch.

> 2533274809988140;12:
> I agree it is coming however I do believe they will put their own spin on what BR means to them. I do believe it will be there at launch but I also believe it will be a mixture of what traditional BR is and their own Warzone from H5.

Yep, it would be silly of them not to dip their toes in the water.

Maybe the softest way is to make sure Forge has all the tools needed to create Battle Royale (and new variants). It won’t take the community long to whip something up and if it’s popular enough they can add it as a playlist. A bit like how Infection evolved from a custom game (where you initially had to change colours and swap weapons yourself when you died).

But here 343 can give it a creative push…

“its gonna happen by 2021” just kidding lol

There isn’t going to be any battle royale modes other than the game types made in forge. Armor skins don’t mean battle royale. so far we’ve seen texture finishes for armor. It’d be absolutely bonkers to put colors behind a pay wall so no I don’t think you are right at all. They’ll probably show off multiplayer soon so don’t go insane.

In terms of mt, i think there will be armor skin reqs but you will still have to unlock/ earn that base armor. Nameplates, weapon and vehicle skins will probably be seasonal as we have seen In the vein of Halo 5 and the new updates to MCC with a credit system for some regular armors.

Going F2P for multiplayer tells you everything you’ll need to know. There will be some popular/streaming friendly mode to sell content to people.

Battle Royale has never been ruled out. Iirc the saying was “the only BR we’re interested in is the Battle Rifle.”

While this is kinda funny, it doesn’t translate to “there will never be a Battle Royale mode”.

Forza Horizon 4 did manage to implement Battle Royale with cars and it’s for a few rounds very funny actually :relaxed:.

Sources? I have heard rumors of a Battle Royale in Infinite, but nothing official yet.

> 2533274809988140;12:
> I agree it is coming however I do believe they will put their own spin on what BR means to them. I do believe it will be there at launch but I also believe it will be a mixture of what traditional BR is and their own Warzone from H5.
>
> the biggest issue I have is whether they will shift their primary focus away from the core arena playlists. As long as the core arena playlists/campaign do not suffer because of a larger style of battle which most companies are jumping on board with (haven’t played a BR style in any other games but everything I’ve seen indicates there will be something of the sort). Halo is already “late to the party” sort of speak with its delay (happy they delayed), I do think the Royale will be in at launch.

If 343 is really gonna put a Battle Royale mode in, I agree they should definitely try to mess with the formula a bit. The way it works now just wouldn’t be great for how halo traditionally plays.

If they were gonna do it I think they could try a few things;

1. Have it be squad based with 25 teams.
  2. Give each team an objective every few minutes. Different teams’ objectives could be at odds with each other so everyone would be forced to engage with each other at some point.
  3. Putting enemies on the map in open areas.
  4. Have the “landmark” areas on the map be like giant traditional halo maps. Occasionally an objective might lead 2 teams into a one of these areas or buildings only for it to lock and turn into a forced game of elimination.
  5. Maybe incorporate aspects of invasion or spartan ops for some sort of plot justification?

While I do think Warzone is going to be changed into a Battle Royale style game mode. I don’t think it’s going to replace Arena. Arena is Halo, it always will be, and it’s where most players will spend their time. Battle Royale will be there for unranked fun, and in a Halo setting Battle Royale could be very fun, so long as it’s just Halo, with one life on a big map with pseudo-random weapon, equipment, and vehicle placement. No consumable shield charges. No consumable health pickups, no weapon tiers (but weapon variants like in H5 Warzone are welcome).

> 2533274810177460;19:
> While I do think Warzone is going to be changed into a Battle Royale style game mode. I don’t think it’s going to replace Arena. Arena is Halo, it always will be, and it’s where most players will spend their time. Battle Royale will be there for unranked fun, and in a Halo setting Battle Royale could be very fun, so long as it’s just Halo, with one life on a big map with pseudo-random weapon, equipment, and vehicle placement. No consumable shield charges. No consumable health pickups, no weapon tiers (but weapon variants like in H5 Warzone are welcome).

I like your you version of Battle Royale with one exception.
So in CoD Warzone there is a thing called the Gulag.
Which is when two people die, the two people spawn in a small room with Random weapons and fight it out, the winner goes back to the battle field. The loser get eliminated. I do like that.