Microtransactions And A Slippery Slope

With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.

> 2535466187264694;1:
> With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.

If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works

> 2535406126289417;2:
> > 2535466187264694;1:
> > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
>
> If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works

Yeah…

> 2535466187264694;3:
> > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> >
> > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
>
> …
>
> …
>
> Yeah…

I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.

Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.

> 2533274850493408;4:
> > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > >
> > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> >
> > …
> >
> > …
> >
> > Yeah…
>
> I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
>
> Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.

This!

People need to stop blaming other factors than themselves for situations they put themselves in. I see it all the time, and it drives me nuts. If you miss out a few pixels, so what? Who’s died? Nobody. Has your life imploded? No.

It’s pixels. Move on to the next shiny thing you like the look of and get what you can/want.

> 2533274850493408;4:
> > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > >
> > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> >
> > …
> >
> > …
> >
> > Yeah…
>
> I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
>
> Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.

With Halo5 you could still unlock all armor by just playing the game enough but infinite looks like we’ll start seeing things locked behind a paywall with no way around it.

> 2533274945426402;6:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > > >
> > > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > Yeah…
> >
> > I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
> >
> > Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.
>
> With Halo5 you could still unlock all armor by just playing the game enough but infinite looks like we’ll start seeing things locked behind a paywall with no way around it.

I’d much prefer an armory system and a paywall though, honestly.

In Guardians, you see the armor you want at launch and then you start grinding your REQ points to get it, hoping that it’s randomly bestowed upon you by RNGJesus. Then, they start piling more “free” content on you, and if you haven’t gotten the armor you want yet, you have a whole bunch more garbage you have to keep unlocking, as you continue to make sacrifices to the RNG deities hoping to finally unlock that Legendary armor you’ve been wanting to equip since November 2015, despite the fact it’s August 2017. Then they release more “free” content, and continue to pile the garbage on that you have to sift through to get that item, as you start bargaining and saying you’ll give up your daily Monster energy drinks to get what you want. And by the time you finally unlock it, you’re sick of the game, because you’ve been grinding boring things like Warzone Firefight in the hopes of getting the payout, instead of actually having fun and enjoying the game.

With a pass system/paywall - you see what you can get, how you can achieve it, and determine if it’s something you want or not, or is something you feel like you have the time to attain. Will it cost a little extra $? Sure, maybe. But as long as you’re reasonable, you won’t be shelling out a ton of money for it.

The only thing I don’t want is some form of loot boxes or some BS along those lines!

> 2533274850493408;4:
> > 2535466187264694;3:
> > >
> >
> > …
> >
> > …
> >
> > Yeah…
>
>

Thing is, I prefer the ‘2010’ way of doing things. Why can’t we have that? Live services are fine, to a point.

> 2535466187264694;9:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > > >
> > > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > Yeah…
> >
> > I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
> >
> > Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.
>
> Thing is, I prefer the ‘2010’ way of doing things. Why can’t we have that? Live services are fine, to a point.

Unfortunately (and I point to EA to starting it all with their “online pass”), it seems to be the way of life of games now, as far as money goes. Something could be said for the fact that games haven’t changed in price since the early 2000s, while inflation has increased ($60 in 2002 is worth $86 in 2020), so asking gamers to spend an additional $25-$30 over the lifetime of a game isn’t a huge deal. Even $60 in 2010 is equal to $71.52 in 2020 dollars.

> 2535464705123844;8:
> The only thing I don’t want is some form of loot boxes or some BS along those lines!

Yeah me to but I hope they don’t put microtransaction or loot boxes in it but I am sure they will put some sort of transaction system in the game sense it will be free.

> 2533274850493408;10:
> > 2535466187264694;9:
> > > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > > > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > > > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > > > >
> > > > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> > > >
> > > > …
> > > >
> > > > …
> > > >
> > > > Yeah…
> > >
> > > I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
> > >
> > > Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.
> >
> > Thing is, I prefer the ‘2010’ way of doing things. Why can’t we have that? Live services are fine, to a point.
>
> Unfortunately (and I point to EA to starting it all with their “online pass”), it seems to be the way of life of games now, as far as money goes. Something could be said for the fact that games haven’t changed in price since the early 2000s, while inflation has increased ($60 in 2002 is worth $86 in 2020), so asking gamers to spend an additional $25-$30 over the lifetime of a game isn’t a huge deal. Even $60 in 2010 is equal to $71.52 in 2020 dollars.

Im not familiar with ‘Battle Passes’ but is that how it works? Basically you pay upfront and any battle passes released there after you have access to? My son plays Fortnite and it seems like a lot of new content is always released all the time and always costs more money.

> 2535465709729779;11:
> > 2535464705123844;8:
> > The only thing I don’t want is some form of loot boxes or some BS along those lines!
>
> Yeah me to but I hope they don’t put microtransaction or loot boxes in it but I am sure they will put some sort of transaction system in the game sense it will be free.

I know someone from 343i confirmed no “loot boxes” in a tweet a while back. that’s not to say that they just wont rename them something else and market them the same as loot boxes

> 2533274809988140;12:
> > 2533274850493408;10:
> > > 2535466187264694;9:
> > > > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > > > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > > > > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > > > > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > > > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> > > > >
> > > > > …
> > > > >
> > > > > …
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah…
> > > >
> > > > I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
> > > >
> > > > Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.
> > >
> > > Thing is, I prefer the ‘2010’ way of doing things. Why can’t we have that? Live services are fine, to a point.
> >
> > Unfortunately (and I point to EA to starting it all with their “online pass”), it seems to be the way of life of games now, as far as money goes. Something could be said for the fact that games haven’t changed in price since the early 2000s, while inflation has increased ($60 in 2002 is worth $86 in 2020), so asking gamers to spend an additional $25-$30 over the lifetime of a game isn’t a huge deal. Even $60 in 2010 is equal to $71.52 in 2020 dollars.
>
> Im not familiar with ‘Battle Passes’ but is that how it works? Basically you pay upfront and any battle passes released there after you have access to? My son plays Fortnite and it seems like a lot of new content is always released all the time and always costs more money.

Essentially, there’s a “season” that lasts usually a few months. You buy the battle pass for X amount of money and then you have access to a system of progressive unlocks, usually for completing challenges and playing the game (typically, XP based) that last for that time period. New cosmetics, like outfits, gun skins, nameplates, blah blah blah. Then when a new season comes out, the new battle pass does as well, as does the new cost. Rinse, repeat.

Where gaming companies really print their greenbacks is purchases that are outside of the battle pass. To me, the battle pass system is fine - but it’s the microtransactions outside of it are what really get me ($15 for three ULTRA RARE skins or some nonsense).

> 2533274850493408;14:
> > 2533274809988140;12:
> > > 2533274850493408;10:
> > > > 2535466187264694;9:
> > > > > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > > > > 2535466187264694;3:
> > > > > > > 2535406126289417;2:
> > > > > > > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > > > > > > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works
> > > > > >
> > > > > > …
> > > > > >
> > > > > > …
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yeah…
> > > > >
> > > > > I think people who are “completionists”, especially multiplayer wise just need to bring a heavy dose of reality to what they’re doing. This isn’t 2010 anymore where there are a finite amount of things that can be unlocked - it’s basically unlimited.
> > > > >
> > > > > Find the things you want and the things you like, work toward them, and be happy with what you got. As someone who had 100% armor completion in all Halo games (I think?) until Halo 5, I had to take a step back and be happy with what I could unlock, especially given the RNG nature of the game.
> > > >
> > > > Thing is, I prefer the ‘2010’ way of doing things. Why can’t we have that? Live services are fine, to a point.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately (and I point to EA to starting it all with their “online pass”), it seems to be the way of life of games now, as far as money goes. Something could be said for the fact that games haven’t changed in price since the early 2000s, while inflation has increased ($60 in 2002 is worth $86 in 2020), so asking gamers to spend an additional $25-$30 over the lifetime of a game isn’t a huge deal. Even $60 in 2010 is equal to $71.52 in 2020 dollars.
> >
> > Im not familiar with ‘Battle Passes’ but is that how it works? Basically you pay upfront and any battle passes released there after you have access to? My son plays Fortnite and it seems like a lot of new content is always released all the time and always costs more money.
>
> Essentially, there’s a “season” that lasts usually a few months. You buy the battle pass for X amount of money and then you have access to a system of progressive unlocks, usually for completing challenges and playing the game (typically, XP based) that last for that time period. New cosmetics, like outfits, gun skins, nameplates, blah blah blah. Then when a new season comes out, the new battle pass does as well, as does the new cost. Rinse, repeat.
>
> Where gaming companies really print their greenbacks is purchases that are outside of the battle pass. To me, the battle pass system is fine - but it’s the microtransactions outside of it are what really get me ($15 for three ULTRA RARE skins or some nonsense).

oh sweet lord…that sucks. wish they would implement something where you pay a one time fee upfront and unlock all the passes or whatever. let them nickel and dime some other poor schmuck.

thanks for the info!!!

It’s an interesting point you bring up, and one I’ve been pondering lately. I haven’t fully figured out the answer in my head but I suspect that the Halo economy/ecosystem has moved away from being “game based.” Looking at the console cycle and how many unique FPS Halo titles released:

> OG Xbox: 4 years of availability until x360 launch
> 2 games: Halo CE and Halo 2
>
> Xbox360: 8 years until Xbox One launch
> 4 games: H3, H3ODST, Reach, H4
>
> Xbox One: 7 year cycle between X360 and Xbox Series X launch
> 1 game: Halo 5

I might be missing something, and some might not consider ODST to be a full game (I sure do- it’s my favorite Halo title) but when I look at this information it makes me think games are no longer the focus. The books, graphic novels, swag, product tie-ins, and H5 micro-transactions seem to be the bulk of halo products coming out and sustaining the franchise.

I’m keeping in mind many factors: that games take longer to make in modern times than the early 2000s, the fact that “the book authors don’t take away from the game development,” the fact that the Xbox One console cycle may not technically be done, and also that I’ve not really considered how the RTS Halo Wars games factor into all this (mostly because I’m not sure how much 343 worked on them compared to Certain Affinity, but also because I don’t give a -Yoink- about them), the MCC’s troubled development/setbacks, and the fact that Halo Infinite has been gifted a much-needed from-scratch new engine.

I just don’t really see why a side game like ODST or another game based on H5’s groundwork wasn’t developed while HW2 was being crafted or while 343 built the new Slipspace engine. All of the press releases and news articles about H5 seemed to indicate it was hyper-profitable so I’m not sure how it could be bad to follow up with more of the similar product. I’m also admittedly not a game designer, and everything I say is very amateurish speculative conversation.

But it all just kind of comes back to my big question: why weren’t there more FPS Halos released on the Xbox One console cycle? Was H5 a live service before that term was widely popularized and adapted by the industry? Did the profitability and sustainability of H5’s microtransaction economy make it so no more Halo games were needed? Did MCC draw so much energy that it tanked 343’s ability to make a new game?

I guess what I’ve been blathering about and trying to get across is another potential side effect of microtransactions- they may impact the studio’s desire/ability to output games at a reasonable pace. Or I might be wildly off base here and you’ve wasted your time reading this ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Microtransactions are pretty much inevitable for Infinite. The multiplayer being free basically spells out microtransactions in big, red, bolded letters across the size of the Hollywood Sign. There won’t be any real money lootboxes according to some at 343, which means no $2.99 Gold REQ packs, $99.99 50 Gold REQ packs, or Blitz packs for example. That doesn’t mean there won’t be your Gold packs though; the mention of no real money lootboxes sounds very specific, emphasis on the real money part. Given 343’s track record with lootboxes, I would expect a similar system to that of Halo 5’s minus actually buying them with money and only with REQ points. Armor, skins, assassinations, etc. as apart of their packs. I’d also expect the occasional specific pack like in 5, specifically stuff like that helmet pack that included an assortment of helmets and packs for stuff like announcers.

With Halo Infinite supposedly being a 10 year plan with an ever-evolving world™, I’d also expect some Campaign DLCs here and there.

Edit: A really scummy idea I just got for how they could introduce lootboxes is to have a purchasable currency(whether it be earnable or not in-game) that you can then use to buy REQ packs. That’d be -Yoinked!- up, but knowing the stuff other companies have pulled, we really don’t know.

Or they could also just go against their word and have real money lootboxes. That’d look absolutely horrendous on their end, but who knows.

> 2533274803493024;16:
> and some might not consider ODST to be a full game (I sure do- it’s my favorite Halo title)

See, it’s opinions like this which is why we can’t take you seriously :slight_smile: (okay, I have a newfound like for the ODST aesthetic after 11 years, but UGH i can’t stand the characters).

> 2533274803493024;16:
> but when I look at this information it makes me think games are no longer the focus. The books, graphic novels, swag, product tie-ins, and H5 micro-transactions seem to be the bulk of halo products coming out and sustaining the franchise.

I think you’re on to something here to one extent. I don’t see print media necessarily being the cash cow that some things are, but as far as the focus, I think that’s a good point. Things like Outpost Discovery, or books, or tie-ins like Fireteam Raven seem to be more of the universal focus than the individual games.

As far as the cash cow is concerned, the golden goose is clearly micros. That’s the bread and butter of the income for 343, and unfortunately it may continue to be that way at the sacrifice of completionist’s desires to have everything a game can offer.

> 2535412047994244;17:
> > 2535412047994244;17:
> > Microtransactions are pretty much inevitable for Infinite. The multiplayer being free basically spells out microtransactions in big, red, bolded letters across the size of the Hollywood Sign. There won’t be any real money lootboxes according to some at 343, which means no $2.99 Gold REQ packs, $99.99 50 Gold REQ packs, or Blitz packs for example. That doesn’t mean there won’t be your Gold packs though; the mention of no real money lootboxes sounds very specific, emphasis on the real money part. Given 343’s track record with lootboxes, I would expect a similar system to that of Halo 5’s minus actually buying them with money and only with REQ points. Armor, skins, assassinations, etc. as apart of their packs. I’d also expect the occasional specific pack like in 5, specifically stuff like that helmet pack that included an assortment of helmets and packs for stuff like announcers.
> >
> > With Halo Infinite supposedly being a 10 year plan with an ever-evolving world™, I’d also expect some Campaign DLCs here and there.
>
> I could see Microsoft and 343i doing that, but personally, I think they should go the way Modern Warfare (2019) went. The have unlocks, challenges, and the like. Then, there is a battlepass system with bundles to purchase in the shop for varying amounts of cash. It honestly seems like that is the best way to monetize a current day FPS. The only downside is that you want to buy the battlepass or bundles, is that you have to pay in $2, $5, $10, $20, etc, etc which can somewhat limit the amount you can/want to spend for something with included tax.I hope 343i sticks with that kinda monetization, by throwing in some cool bundles and -Yoink- for like $20 or so and a dope battlepass each season. Only one can dream.

> 2535406126289417;2:
> > 2535466187264694;1:
> > With the Monster Energy, the Chips Ahoy, the Nerf, all these tie-ins are a problem in my book. If we allow Moneysoft to do this, then Infinite will be all the things wrong with Microtransarctions. I think the worst thing is that it preys on my need to complete things. It’s disgusting, really. If it were up to me, all these tie-ins items would be available on the item shop 2-3 months after they end, and everything else would be available for purchase at ANY time. Yes, I do want a snow man head for a helmet. I don’t care if it’s summer.
>
> If we allow it , we don’t really have a say mate. It’s a free to play multiplayer we all know how that model works

Not entirely true…you have a say. It’s called you don’t play the game at all. You support something else with your time, money etc If 343I releases Halo Infinite and after like a month barely anyone is playing it because people don’t like things they’ve done, I’m telling you right now stuff will change in it very quickly!!

Normally if you don’t like something you vote with your wallet. In the case of free to play games, you have to vote by not playing it.

> 2533274850493408;4:
> > 2535466187264694;3:
> > >
> >
> > …
> >
> > …
> >
> > Yeah…
>
>

Yeah I used to be someone that wanted to have 100% completion in games as I grew up in the 8-bit era. As time went on and games started going the microtransactions routes and you couldn’t unlock everything unless you paid money I just accepted that fact and stopped. I personally hate the trend that video games has gone on the last 10 plus years and I actually feel sorry for people growing up now as gaming is just so different than what it used to be and in my opinion it used to be a lot better.

How I miss the days of just you buy the game and that’s it… Developers wanted to make money but they also cared about their product…now it’s mainly all about how much more money they can make. Making half a million or a million dollars (or a lot more) used to be good… but now it’s all about just keep making as much money as a humanly possibly can anyway you can.

I have a feeling eventually I won’t even be playing many new games and I’ll just be playing old games or I’ll be playing new games in the old style format. Like Ori for example (super amazing game by the way!)

> 2533274945426402;6:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > >
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > Yeah…
> >
> >
>
> With Halo5 you could still unlock all armor by just playing the game enough but infinite looks like we’ll start seeing things locked behind a paywall with no way around it.

Not entirely true. If you wanted to unlock all the skins from the pro teams you had to buy them. If I recall though they didn’t go towards the 100% completion, which was nice. More companies should do things like that but they don’t because they know there will be people out there that will spend money just to get the 100% completion. Greed is what kills most people.