Microsoft needs to help our communities more:

Hey guys,
So, I have no doubt that many people on Halo Waypoint have heard of Nak3d Eli. If you haven’t, he was a speedrunner that made amazing and entertaining videos that helped majorly build this community. He was quite the icon for a lot of people. I had not really watched his videos until recently. I was watching tons of them until I saw that he hadn’t uploaded in 7 months. So, I went seeking an answer for why, and I found that MS had forced him to change his name because it was inappropriate (or something along those lines…). In all likely-hood, some raging players or trolls probably reported his account. I feel that Microsoft really needs to invest in the idea that every person with a gamertag that falls within the lines of the XBL policy gets the assurance that they WILL NOT be removed because someone is mad at that player. If you want good, loyal communities that will keep returning to your console and your games, then make sure that you also help keep those communities alive through fair and balanced assessments of their situation, not just throwing them under the bus because of someone else’s problems, Microsoft.

I want to see how the community feels about this. Please comment and reply below. Thanks!

If the story about the dude is true, it’s -Yoinking!- stupid and completely ridiculous behaviour on the part of Microsoft. But that doesn’t really have much to do with the community - it was just one guy forced to change his name for a stupid reason. I mean, suggest to me how they might help this community.

Idk tho I thought Ballmer and Gates have done a lot for communities throughout the world.

I just want to know who’s responsible for the “free content” via microtransactions.

It’s very EA of them.

I feel ya about missing Nak3d Eli. His videos were so awesome and I’dve never beaten some of the old Halos on Legendary without his help. I hope someday he changes his mind and decides to come out of retirement, he shouldn’t let MS beat him in this.

Just last month, I had a new gamertag (that I paid money for) banned for being “crude and offensive” - I had to GOOGLE to find out what was crude and offensive about it, it was such an obscure thing. (The name in question was a Halo reference.) I’m not gonna get into it here, I made a post in the Break Room thread about it if you wanna see it. Suffice it to say I’m glad MS has their priorities so in order, this is the kind of thing they’re worried about.

> 2533274927592272;2:
> If the story about the dude is true, it’s -Yoinking!- stupid and completely ridiculous behaviour on the part of Microsoft. But that doesn’t really have much to do with the community - it was just one guy forced to change his name for a stupid reason. I mean, suggest to me how they might help this community.

You can draw-in more people to the community by showing them that none of this BS will happen to them. Also, Nak3d Eli was a nice chunk of this community. If Microsoft won’t even help a person that helped build the player-base for Halo and the Xbox in general, then I don’t see why anyone would want to get an Xbox. So, if you (Microsoft) help people more, you gain a reputation, more people get XBones, and you get bigger communities which gives a bigger profit to Microsoft.