Microphones

I can’t believe I’m making a post about something so obvious. I’ve played halo since the first one came out. It’s always been a team game and with the 360 the introduction of mics came along.

Everyone who plays Halo MCC has a Mic, it comes with he xbox one. So, why aren’t you all using them? Makes everything easier for the team and there is almost always a bit of fun unless you get some die hard winner on your side who ridicules you and thinks he is the dogs dinner.

Any clans out there that use mics please shoot me a friend request. I’m tired of playing in silence when friends are offline.

Mics actually came out on XB original with the begininng of xbox live. But Im with you man, playing a game when there’s no talking is what I think watching a basketball game with no tv commentators might be like.

I have been gaming online for well over 14+ years and to be honest, I am beyond tired of hearing the community. Several years ago I finally decided to set my xbox live communications to “friends only”. Now I no longer hear the racism, and all the vulgar comments the society spews out. No longer have to talk over people singing in the mic or being rude. I also no longer receive any message from anyone other than my friends. I hear my friends and my friends only. Usually we, along with most other people in the world, are in a party chat. Best decision I have made in years was setting it to friends only. 99% of the time I am in a party with friends.

Copying and pasting my response to an identical thread a few posts down.

Every time I plug my mic in it nothing but screaming and crap talking, I got sick of it. If i have a team that’s calling out, I plug it in but right after the match out it comes again.

I would love to use a mic, but I have to make a choice between the stock mic and my headphones, so I go with the headphones.

I have a pair of X12’s but it’s not fully compatible with the Xbox One (unless you jump through lots of hoops).

I usually call out for my team but it would be brilliant if someone did the same for me as well. As for the trash talk I mute them although trash talk hasn’t been a problem for me since halo4

I have to agree with most comments here since too many rude types which is off putting so I think that’s the main reason most people avoid putting in headsets, sometimes I turn on party chat just so I don’t have to put up with some kid blasting music through his headset, I miss team-work in games but finding decent players to talk to on MCC matchmaking is like a lottery.

I wish more people would use the mic too. I call out all the time but feel like I’m playing by myself as there’s almost never anyone in the other end. I guess the introduction of the party system changed things, back in H2 most people had mics.

I only use the mic on my headset when in party chat with friends. When I play alone lobby is muted.

If you’re ever looking team mates who use mics correctly then just shoot me a message. Anyone else feel free to leave their names here too.

> 2533274809309300;8:
> I wish more people would use the mic too. I call out all the time but feel like I’m playing by myself as there’s almost never anyone in the other end. I guess the introduction of the party system changed things, back in H2 most people had mics.

That party system was one of THE best features ever added to live. Since that was introduced, I pretty much live in the party chat 99% of the time with friends. Even if we are not playing the same game, we are still always in a party chat.

mic always on
b12ickt0p