Metroid Prime Style?

Campaign for me kind of reminded me Metroid Prime. Did this happen to anyone else? Anyway, do you think Halo 5 or 6 should go deeper into making the game play like Metroid Prime? Or do you think 343 should confine the Metroid game-style?

The UI has really updated and it looks like bioshock 2 which means we get even more depth with the chief then just seeing his visor.

People thought of Metroid Prime the second the E3 campaign showcased.

After reading this, it won’t come as a shock to me if people demand for Optimus prime to assist the UNSC in Halo 5,6.

Metroid gamestyle? Nothing about the actual gameplay looks anything like Metroid. Just the graphic-style of the Promethean enemies.

You don’t lock your gun on a target and jump-strafe around it.

You don’t morph into a ball and drop bombs.

And you can’t double jump.

It’s still a Halo game, the enemies just look remotely like something out of Metroid Prime.

> Metroid gamestyle? Nothing about the actual gameplay looks anything like Metroid. Just the graphic-style of the Promethean enemies.
>
> You don’t lock your gun on a target and jump-strafe around it.
>
> You don’t morph into a ball and drop bombs.
>
> And you can’t double jump.
>
> It’s still a Halo game, the enemies just look remotely like something out of Metroid Prime.

I agree

I agree with you BadassFlintGT. I have played all three Metroid Primes (it’s a great game by the way) and I think I understand why we have this impression.

Metroid prime was known for being extremely immersive and innovative because of the outstanding graphics for its time, the environment, the weapons, the armour and the HUD.

We can compare those elements to Halo 4. The graphics are outstanding and it is, just as in Metroid Prime, a new environment, a new planet filled with unknown enemies that we learn to fight using different tactics. For what concerns the armour, metal solid body that can take a hell of a hit, it’s still the iconic figure of the Master Chief but it was made to look a lot cooler, the same way that the Varia suit represents Samus but was made to bring her to life. OK, I know the weapons may seem totally different (except for the Lightrifle that reminds me a heck of lot of the Plasma Beam) but if we take it to a more basic level, each weapon has their own style and their own uses. They have sounds very specific to each of them making it feel realistic. And finally, the HUD is similar in both games, seeing that there are now different visors and the view is from inside the helmet, from our own eyes.

In multiplayer, there will be the special armour abilities that are comparable to the power ups gained in Metroid Prime.

In Metroid Prime we were thrown into a world of science-fiction and adventure, making the game more than just a simple FPS. Halo 4 is a new adventure, not just a war anymore. We feel like we are discovering a new world and living a new story. During the campaign, could we compare the Ancient Evil to the actual Metroid Prime?

I guess there is only be one true way to see if the game actually gives us a comparable feeling to Metroid Prime; we need to wait a bit and try the game when it comes out!

> Campaign for me kind of reminded me Metroid Prime. Did this happen to anyone else? Anyway, do you think Halo 5 or 6 should go deeper into making the game play like Metroid Prime? Or do you think 343 should confine the Metroid game-style?

You guys know that the Metroid Prime lead level designer Jason BHer and one other are on the Halo 4 team right…?

I feel that the armors look very Metroid Prime esq.

Though I totally see what you mean by Campaign seeming similar too.

Over-all I can say it sorta is getting as much like that series is as good for the campaign: armor upgrades you pick-up from enemies, exploitative expansive feeling forests and environments.

But if you mean like any more than those loose similarities than probably not. I’d rather they just release more Metroid Prime games than turn Halo into it.

Metroid Prime was even trending on Twitter during the presentation of Halo 4 at E32012 :slight_smile:

I did get that feeling too Badass, but the more and more I’ve seen leans me to think 343 won’t go as deep as that with any Halo game, depth wise…