Metacritic is broken

You can’t take metacritic seriously when sites like “a quarter to 3” are included in the score, they gave halo 4 a two, a yoinking 2! If you check there others reviews the games they’ve given 10s include pinball and out of the park baseball, I haven’t heard of almost every game they’ve given a 10 except borderlands 2 and they haven’t given a single game between an 8 and 10. How can metacritic be trusted at all when sites like this are included? These yoinkers single handedly lowered halo 4 to an 88. It sucks that so many people care about this score.

I don’t really care.

My personal Metacritic is OVER 9000!

A score of 88 is not bad at all.

That’s Metacritic nutshell; a collection of opinions. While i think some reviewers need to be punched in the face, they are entitled to their own say.

It’s just sad that some people are born with an innate desire to bash a great game like Halo 4 and criticize it for not being like a typical generic shooter (which of course, would actually cost Halo’s own identity in the process. Just lol).

Dat EGM review. Just sayin.

I am still going to enjoy one of the best games to come out this year :slight_smile: Of course, i really want to play Dishonored :smiley:

What the hell, the 20 review had spoilers, really bad ones too. Just terrible.

I’ve played the game and finished it. And I’m just starting to get a hang of the mp and I’m loving it.

My score for Halo 4 → 10/10.

Honestly, the amount of work and polish that went into this game must have been godly. The sound design, the animation and motion cap, an entire class of guns, ground-up maps, and man, everything clicks together so well, something Reach missed out on.

Loving it. :smiley:

Btw, Tom Chick is super contradictory. In the review, he bashes the game two times- one time for changing too much and one time for playing it too safe. 0.o
And he thinks that Halo 4 is the first Halo game to have 4-player co-op.
And he gave Uncharted 3 an abysmally low score as well.

> I’ve played the game and finished it. And I’m just starting to get a hang of the mp and I’m loving it.
>
> My score for Halo 4 → 10/10.
>
> Honestly, the amount of work and polish that went into this game must have been godly. The sound design, the animation and motion cap, an entire class of guns, ground-up maps, and man, everything clicks together so well, something Reach missed out on.
>
> Loving it. :smiley:
>
> Btw, Tom Chick is super contradictory. In the review, he bashes the game two times- one time for changing too much and one time for playing it too safe. 0.o
> And he thinks that Halo 4 is the first Halo game to have 4-player co-op.
> And he gave Uncharted 3 an abysmally low score as well.

And he spoiled something big for me!!! Freaking -Yoink-…

I think Halo 4 deserves a 9/10 to a 9.5/10. Some categories deserve 10/10s, while others I just disagree with. If I do disagree with any, however, it’s just slightly.

> What the hell, the 20 review had spoilers, really bad ones too. Just terrible.

Thank you so much! I was reading the review and went back to look at this thread and saw your post. I know they’re gonna say stupid things. It’s not worth getting spoiled for.

I hate metacritic, they need to burn in hell. I mean they gave black ops a 88! A horrible game like blackops got an 88! Halo 4 is superior to blackops and is at least a 92

I’d rather have a review of someone’s actual opinion rather than a fake one because they were paid to praise the game, whether it be a good or bad opinion.

Only one game is allowed to have a 10/10 in my opinion. There can only be one best game. Every time I see I 10/10 rating I don’t take it seriously.

Never would I have imagined Halo 4 getting an 88. I was expecting at least a 92. I mean not that it matters and of course I’ll reserve final judgement when I play the game myself, but this is truly surprising. Whatever I guess. Only 1 day left till I finally get my hands on this game.

Reviewers that deliberately review games low get removed from Metacritic after a short time.

Really? I haven’t noticed this before.

> Reviewers that deliberately review games low get removed from Metacritic after a short time.

If that’s true, that’s good. That review from Q2three was downright trolling to get views. 2/10 is for games that are unplayable and broken, he obviously saw the fuss Halo fans made after the EGM review, speaking of which, should that one get removed? Sure the score isn’t bad but -Yoink!- the content is just as bad if not worse than the Q2Three review. imo

> Reviewers that deliberately review games low get removed from Metacritic after a short time.

This is what I was referring to in my last post. I hit the wrong button.

And this is why I read the general public reviews and not one from some “professional critic”. Damn near impossible to please them and they’re so hypocritical…

Tom Chick is a co-founder and can’t be removed. He also made a Wikipedia page about himself… He’s an absolutely washed up failure. He tried to become a minister, failed, moved to Hollywood, did 3 roles acting as extras and some dudes boyfriend on the office.

Now he thinks he’s a successful writer because he gets massive views by giving great games bad scores.

Edit: Derp, he’s co-founder of his -Yoink- blog, not metacritic. Still an idiot though.

Personally, I think Metacritic needs to have a toggle that’ll remove outlier reviews. For the purposes of statistical relevance.

Because I have to wonder, what is H4’s score after you remove the EGM and 3/4ths reviews?