Message at start up the 1st time I run Reach

HI all!

I am VERY novice to all things HALO, so please, have patience with me!!

I participated in the Halo Reach Public Preview program last year, got my “green disc”, and after the program finished, I got a mail from Microsoft with a CODE to be redeemed at XBOX LIVE that would allow me to get the full game, since the disc stopped working after the last update.

Well, i never got to redeem that code because i was from a different region, and the could would be blocked anytime I tried.

Last night I finally redeemed that code and downloaded the game, but today I could not find it anywhere in my dashboard. I had to go to the game page on Marketplace, and select PLAY NOW that appeared in the place of the DOWNLOAD button.

As soon as the game loaded, I saw a screen with a red circle in the middle and a message that was more or less like “It appears some USCN rules were broken…” and nothing else, with a “OK” green button in the bottom. I clicked OK and immediatly tried to load a multiplayer game on LIVE, but got a message saying that some content “was missing” and asked me to if I wanted to go to Marketplace…

SO, I ask:

• What was that message about?? Did I do something wrong using the code I got after that Public Preview Program? Was it because it took me over an year to redeem it?

• Why I get the message that some content is missing and prevent me from playing in LIVE games?? Exactly what content is missing???

I have Halo CE Anniversary and I played it for the first time on LIVE last weekend. Is there anything related to that?

Could someone more experienced PLEASE explain these things to me?? I saw a “Ban” thread here, but Im confused! Does this message means I will get banned? But for what???

THANKS!

> HI all!
>
> I am VERY novice to all things HALO, so please, have patience with me!!
>
> I participated in the Halo Reach Public Preview program last year, got my “green disc”, and after the program finished, I got a mail from Microsoft with a CODE to be redeemed at XBOX LIVE that would allow me to get the full game, since the disc stopped working after the last update.
>
> Well, i never got to redeem that code because i was from a different region, and the could would be blocked anytime I tried.
>
> Last night I finally redeemed that code and downloaded the game, but today I could not find it anywhere in my dashboard. I had to go to the game page on Marketplace, and select PLAY NOW that appeared in the place of the DOWNLOAD button.
>
> As soon as the game loaded, I saw a screen with a red circle in the middle and a message that was more or less like “It appears some USCN rules were broken…” and nothing else, with a “OK” green button in the bottom. I clicked OK and immediatly tried to load a multiplayer game on LIVE, but <mark>got a message saying that some content “was missing” and asked me to if I wanted to go to Marketplace…</mark>
>
> SO, I ask:
>
> - What was that message about?? Did I do something wrong using the code I got after that Public Preview Program? Was it because it took me over an year to redeem it?
>
> - Why I get the message that some content is missing and prevent me from playing in LIVE games?? Exactly what content is missing???
>
> I have Halo CE Anniversary and I played it for the first time on LIVE last weekend. Is there anything related to that?
>
> Could someone more experienced PLEASE explain these things to me?? I saw a “Ban” thread here, but Im confused! Does this message means I will get banned? But for what???
>
> THANKS!

That message means that you don’t have all the DLC contents available for the game. There’s nothing to do with it, you still can play on LIVE without DLCs, so just click ‘No, thanks’ every time it appears, then head to the playlist you wanna play.

Thank you so very much for your reply!!

But what was that message I got on the first screen, the first time ever I runned Reach?

I left the game and runned it again three times, but message didnt appear again!

I tried connecting to other games on LIVE but didnt know how to do it! I said Im really novice to this Halo thing! I had to leave for work, so I couldnt look for it.

Im really worried about the message in the start up of the game!

I contacted Xbox Support on twitter but no reply so far.

Anyone ever saw that message too??? Its a black screen with a blurred red circle with a line across it, like a forbiden something traffic sign.

I haven’t ever heard of a message like the one you mentioned, but if it doesn’t show up anymore I think there can’t be a serious problem. On the other hand, here’s a short and simple description how to connect to LIVE:

1. You need a good internet connection, either wired or wireless, but in case you have wireless, make sure your console has a stable connection to it. Also, you have to set which wireless network is the preferred if there are more in range. You can do it somewhere in the system settings.

2. You need an Xbox LIVE account with gold membership on your console. You can purchase gold on the Xbox marketplace or at game stores as a redeemable code. Log in with this account and put in the disyou wanna play.

3. In the game, you have to go into the ‘Matchmaking’ lobby (In Halo games, in other games it may called ‘multiplayer’ or something like these). You may have to select the network in the game, so press Y in the matchmaking lobby and choose the ‘Xbox LIVE’ option.

4. If you have done all of these you can play online multiplayer. Select the playlist you wanna play in and you can jump into the action almost immediately. (You have to wait until enough players are found for the game :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time and explaining it sou clearly.

I have a GOLD account and I understand who things work on LIVE, Im just not experienced with HALO because as you said, it works differently from all the other games I have that play multiplayer. Halo menu to me is VERY confusing.

But seems it does not gives me the option to play with other players on LIVE.

I cant find the “Matchmaking” option as its in another language here, and I dont know how to put it in English.

It seems it only gives me the option to play with other people on my local network, on my own console (split screen) and with friends on LIVE, but no other “ramdom” people.

Anyway, when I get back home later today I will try again and post here.

THANK you VERY much for taking the time and helping me once again! I really appreciate it and I wish you nothing but the best.

I’m just happy to help you. So, I don’t know how to set language to English, but I’d try it in the console’s system settings. Might works… Regarding the network select, the ‘Xbox LIVE friends’ option is the one you should select, then you can start matchmaking properly, it’ll find you random players. At least, for me it does, probably there aren’t a big difference between the copies of Reach so yours will work too :slight_smile:

Thank you very much again, Sir!

I will try that as soon as I get home later!