Merge this site with bungie.net

We want all the halo community under one roof right?

He makes a point. =/

bungie.net?

No thank you.

I left that website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I’d hate to see those people come over to this forum and ruin this place as well.

But it makes sense… sadly.

Bungie.net and this site are completely different. Bungie.net is owned and operated by Bungie, this site is owned by 343i.

Bungie owns their site, so their site will be used to discuss their new Game Universe. I’m sure the Halo forums will still be there, but they won’t be the main focus of the site.

Meanwhile this site is to discuss all things Halo .

> Bungie.net and this site are completely different. Bungie.net is owned and operated by Bungie, this site is owned by 343i.
>
> Bungie owns their site, so their site will be used to discuss their new Game Universe. I’m sure the Halo forums will still be there, but they won’t be the main focus of the site.
>
> Meanwhile this site is to discuss all things Halo .

well, robot used to own halowars.com, then waypoint came in and took it. now its getting close because they want “all the halo community under 1 roof”. For some reason they don’t seem to be doing anything to bring the largest halo community at Bungie.net over. I don’t think its a good excuse to use for closing down halowars.com if bungie’s halo forums is not also merged with this one.

> bungie.net?
>
> No thank you.
>
> I left that website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I’d hate to see those people come over to this forum and ruin this place as well.

+1

> Waypoint?
>
> No thank you.
>
> I didn’t want to join this website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I hate to be forced to be with these people over here and ruin halo wars forum as well.
>
> But it makes sense… sadly.

> > Bungie.net and this site are completely different. Bungie.net is owned and operated by Bungie, this site is owned by 343i.
> >
> > Bungie owns their site, so their site will be used to discuss their new Game Universe. I’m sure the Halo forums will still be there, but they won’t be the main focus of the site.
> >
> > Meanwhile this site is to discuss all things Halo .
>
> well, robot used to own halowars.com, then waypoint came in and took it. now its getting close because they want “all the halo community under 1 roof”. For some reason they don’t seem to be doing anything to bring the largest halo community at Bungie.net over. I don’t think its a good excuse to use for closing down halowars.com if bungie’s halo forums is not also merged with this one.

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense.

> > Waypoint?
> >
> > No thank you.
> >
> > I didn’t want to join this website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I hate to be forced to be with these people over here and ruin halo wars forum as well.
> >
> > But it makes sense… sadly.

Love how you changed what I wrote… Clever.

> > > Waypoint?
> > >
> > > No thank you.
> > >
> > > I didn’t want to join this website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I hate to be forced to be with these people over here and ruin halo wars forum as well.
> > >
> > > But it makes sense… sadly.
>
> Love how you changed what I wrote… Clever.

Just copying what the first CL I met on this forum did.

> > Bungie.net and this site are completely different. Bungie.net is owned and operated by Bungie, this site is owned by 343i.
> >
> > Bungie owns their site, so their site will be used to discuss their new Game Universe. I’m sure the Halo forums will still be there, but they won’t be the main focus of the site.
> >
> > Meanwhile this site is to discuss all things Halo .
>
> well, robot used to own halowars.com, then waypoint came in and took it. now its getting close because they want “all the halo community under 1 roof”. For some reason they don’t seem to be doing anything to bring the largest halo community at Bungie.net over. I don’t think its a good excuse to use for closing down halowars.com if bungie’s halo forums is not also merged with this one.

Robot gave up Halo Wars servers and online control to MS in February of this year. So, in a way, HW.com was in control by MS. MS owns Waypoint. Bungie owns Bungie.net! MS does not…

Adding together we get that MS has control over your previous community base and Waypoint and wants all their “controlled” halo stock in one large fanbase. Bungie, not tied to this plan, will remain its own unique entity!

Research ftw!

> bungie.net?
>
> No thank you.
>
> I left that website’s forums mainly because of all the little wanna be’s running around, immense amount of mean people and power hungry mods that won’t admit they made a mistake. I’d hate to see those people come over to this forum and ruin this place as well.
>
> But it makes sense… sadly.

I’m with you on this one - the lack of reasoned conversation, over repetition, repetition, repetition was that got me as well… that and the Halo Reach vs xxxxxx (insert random game here) xxxx

The forums lack the sense of community as debate has been lost; I love a lively debate as much as the next fan, but quoting historic rankings / kill death ratios and game stats is all too common. I still love so much of bungie.net but the forums… well they’re just not for me.

The vibe so far here at waypoint has been more reasoned but much more light hearted and fun.

BG

I like Bungie.net better. Just my preference. It navigates well and the groups feature is awesome.

> I’m with you on this one - the lack of reasoned conversation, over repetition, repetition, repetition was that got me as well… that and the Halo Reach vs xxxxxx (insert random game here) xxxx
>
> The forums lack the sense of community as debate has been lost; I love a lively debate as much as the next fan, but quoting historic rankings / kill death ratios and game stats is all too common. I still love so much of bungie.net but the forums… well they’re just not for me.
>
> The vibe so far here at waypoint has been more reasoned but much more light hearted and fun.
>
> BG

Most of the forums there have turned into the same type of thread over and over again. That is why I like it here. It is pretty fresh and doesn’t seem to have a lot of raving “fanboys” and MLG Elitists. Bungie.net does have an awesome group feature and I do love all things that our accounts have there for us when it comes to Reach (and H3, H3: ODST).

I know this is random, but is the Halo Wars website being closed down? If it already is, I can still visit it. Someone brought this up in an earlier post.

> I know this is random, but is the Halo Wars website being closed down? If it already is, I can still visit it. Someone brought this up in an earlier post.

December 15th halo wars forums and stat-tracker(game dies here) will be gone.
There is mass confusion on where the Halo Wars community wants to go. There is JJ’s site, Lazy Frog’s site, and Halo Waypoint.

I wonder what we’ll choose, as we all know we all have to go to one site to keep the community in tact as well as the game lively.

I think I will just stick to the official Halo websites.

I left B.net to come here after people complaining about Reach so much.

> I left B.net to come here after people complaining about Reach so much.

Another reason why I frequent this forum far much more than bungie’s. The atmosphere here is far better.

> > I left B.net to come here after people complaining about Reach so much.
>
> Another reason why I frequent this forum far much more than bungie’s. The atmosphere here is far better.

Visit Halo Wars.com and the Forums, our atmosphere is dictated by no mods, which gives us a very desirable atmosphere where we can talk about sports, life, college,work, Halo Wars, and comments that don’t get edited due to “being rude to other members” or other kiddish mumbo jumbo. Some moderation is always nice, like when you have someone spamming nonsense, but it’s a general consensus that the 50-100 people our tight community function extremely well on our own. We however like our input on the game heard, which is why bs Angel has been such a big help, and eventually Coco.