Mendicant bias Chiefs new A.I.?

I know chief will somehow get cortona back but in the meantime during the first half of the game maybe mendicant bias will work as chiefs new A.I.

What you saw in the trailer is not a war sphinx. War sphinxes are 10 meters high 20 meters long, and are out dated back to the forerunner - human war. They are only used (currently) to guard crymptons like the Ur-diadacts tomb. And there are several not just one.

To be honest the forerunner machine in the trailer actually looks like a phoenix to me.

The forerunner machine in the trailer is theoryized to be Mendicant bias’ s tomb buried underneath the sand of the ark untill he is needed.

Mendicant bias was not destroyed for his information of the flood was too valuable, offensive biad simply split him up into several different pieces for study.

He might be able to communicate through Master Chiefs helmet like the gravemind did in Halo 3.

mendicant bias wants to prove that he has changed over the years and wants to atone for his sins and he claims Master Chief will be his example.

(terminals halo 3)

What do you guys and girls think? is mendicant bias going to be Master Chief’s new A.I.?

Maybe but I’m starting to have second thoughts on ideas like this after reading this article http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/halo-e3-teaser-wasnt-actually-halo-5-microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-says-spencer/

they’re having trouble figuring out what they want to call the game.

That has something to do with Halo 5 its clearly post Halo 4.

BUT then again there is the possibility that it really has nothing to do with Halo 5 and was just to show off that Halo was coming to the Xbox one in 2014.

But I think it has something to do with Halo 5.

> Maybe but I’m starting to have second thoughts on ideas like this after reading this article http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/halo-e3-teaser-wasnt-actually-halo-5-microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-says-spencer/

The more they try to clear these things up the more we get confused. What was the point of the trailer, from a canonical perspective? Did anything in the trailer even matter?

> Maybe but I’m starting to have second thoughts on ideas like this after reading this article http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/halo-e3-teaser-wasnt-actually-halo-5-microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-says-spencer/

I’d rather have a new Halo than a remake of a -Yoink!- game

> > Maybe but I’m starting to have second thoughts on ideas like this after reading this article http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/halo-e3-teaser-wasnt-actually-halo-5-microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-says-spencer/
>
> I’d rather have a new Halo than a remake of a -Yoink!- game

-Yoink!- game? Halo 2 is nothing short from amazing multiplayer and campaign.

The clan system they had and being able to come together with a team and create your own name for that team made many people happy.

The maps I liked alot as well in Halo 2.

I played Halo 2 about 2 days ago for the third time going from start to finish and I have to say the campaign was very good in my opinion with all the things happening in the story.

> > > Maybe but I’m starting to have second thoughts on ideas like this after reading this article http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/halo-e3-teaser-wasnt-actually-halo-5-microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-says-spencer/
> >
> > I’d rather have a new Halo than a remake of a -Yoink!- game
>
> -Yoink!- game? <mark>Halo 2 is nothing short from amazing multiplayer and campaign.</mark>
>
> The clan system they had and being able to come together with a team and create your own name for that team made many people happy.
>
> The maps I liked alot as well in Halo 2.
>
> I played Halo 2 about 2 days ago for the third time going from start to finish and I have to say the campaign was very good in my opinion with all the things happening in the story.

Tell that to pre patch multiplayer and the bad writing and how incomplete the game was (e.g Forerunner Tank, Bungie were gloating about how great it was even though it was never implemented)

Anyway, I hope they don’t bring Cortana back, makes Halo 4 rather redundant I’d say, I don’t think Mendicant Bias would be Chiefs AI (unless there’s a fragment), it would be cool to see him though judging if the terminals are counted as canon he knows of Mendicant Bias’ existence

There are fragments. After offensive bias beat him he split him up into diffrent pieces.

One of those is a fragment of his personality and knowledge that was on the key ship on high charity but now is at the ark from the events of Halo 3.

> He might be able to communicate through Master Chiefs helmet like the gravemind did in Halo 3.

Off-topic: If I see a moment reminiscent of the ones in Halo 3, I’m not even going to glance at Halo 5.

Halo 4 did it so much better (small little screen and minor HUD changes) and it should stay like that.

> I know chief will somehow get cortona back

I hope not, bringing her back would render her sacrifice at the end of Halo 4 completely meaningless.

> > I know chief will somehow get cortona back
>
> I hope not, bringing her back would render her sacrifice at the end of Halo 4 completely meaningless.

^this, it’s pretty much given the Ur-Didact is alive, bringing Cortana back as well will pretty much make Halo 4’s story worthless

No, I don’t want to see Chief running around with a forerunner AI, smells OP if you ask me.

> No, I don’t want to see Chief running around with a forerunner AI, smells OP if you ask me.

I don’t think it would be op. He would be able to do things like cortana open doors, activite diveces ect.

If master chief did go rouge from the UNSC then mendicant bias could control some of the sentinels to aid him. Like 343 gulity spark did in Halo 1 and 3

> > He might be able to communicate through Master Chiefs helmet like the gravemind did in Halo 3.
>
> Off-topic: If I see a moment reminiscent of the ones in Halo 3, I’m not even going to glance at Halo 5.
>
> Halo 4 did it so much better (small little screen and minor HUD changes) and it should stay like that.

I didnt mean the whole effect everytime he talks like the gravemind he would just talk normal with no effects.

> > No, I don’t want to see Chief running around with a forerunner AI, smells OP if you ask me.
>
> I don’t think it would be op. He would be able to do things like cortana open doors, activite diveces ect.
>
> If master chief did go rouge from the UNSC then mendicant bias could control some of the sentinels to aid him. Like 343 gulity spark did in Halo 1 and 3

And operate forerunner structures, ships, war sphinxes, etc. You see what I mean?

Why not just let Master Chief pal around with Guilty Spark now that he is still alive? He doesn’t have a Monitor form anymore, into the neural interface he goes.

> Why not just let Master Chief pal around with Guilty Spark now that he is still alive? He doesn’t have a Monitor form anymore, into the neural interface he goes.

That’d be cool, Spark can whistle and everything :smiley: Just need to find the Rubicon first

> Why not just let Master Chief pal around with Guilty Spark now that he is still alive? He doesn’t have a Monitor form anymore, into the neural interface he goes.

Heh, that was the original concept in CE, have Cortana go rampant from all that knowledge… Chief and Spark try to stop her.

Now that Spark is apparently in a more stable condition, he’d be a resourceful ally to have around.

> > I know chief will somehow get cortona back
>
> I hope not, bringing her back would render her sacrifice at the end of Halo 4 completely meaningless.

That REALLY depends. You see, I feel the death of Cortana is a kick-starter to Chief realising he’s still human and that he can feel these emotions and make his own decisions. If they bring her back after he’s realised all of this, then it has certainly accomplished something. I believe, from a writing stand-point, that anything can be considered a good decision and an interesting development IF it’s explained well, accomplishes something in someway and also that, for the revival of a killed character, is something that was brought about by the protagonist or just another major character getting the dead character back through many trials and tribulations, all of which were completed through some kind of development. If they do it like that with Chief, then I am perfectly fine with them bringing Cortana back from the grave. I mean there are many shows, movies and books that bring back characters from the grave, but they aren’t considered bad because of it, because they pulled it off well.