Memories of Reach Why so disapointing?

Before I start, let me be clear, this is entirely my opinion as to why people are disappointed by MoR. im sure there will be people who disagree, but just hear me out. Now while sometimes new armor is cool, and I can get behind new assassinations, I couldn’t care less about emblems and weapon skins that don’t affect gameplay. Starting back at the 1st content update to drop Battle of Shadow and Light, for gameplay additions we received a new gamemode with BTB, 2 Lightrifle varients and 16 vehicle varients. While the vehicle varients were identical to existing vehicle camo varients with different colors, they were still cool looking and intrigued players about future updates. The next update, and the biggest to date, was Cartographers gift. For gameplay additions we received the long awaited Forge, 4 new maps( 1 arena, 1 warzone, and 2 btb forge maps), the SPNKr (along with 3 varients) and the classic BR with varients. The next update, Infinty’s Armory, was smaller but still provided content. Gameplay additions included 1 new arena map, 1 new Warzone assault map, 2 carbine varients and the Halo 2 BR. While it was a small update, people knew that there were still more than half of the updates that hadn’t came out yet, and some remained optimistic. Hammer Storm came next, delivering a huge update like CG, giving us 1 arena map, 3 new gametypes (Grifball,assault and fiesta), and 4 new weapons including varients for the storm rifle and the long awaited returns of both the Gravity hammer and the Halo CE magnum. The next, and most recent update, Ghosts of Meridian still had a decent amount of content, with a New warzone map, a new arena map, 3 Gravity hammer varients, 2 suppressor varients and two devastating Hannibal vehicles.

So looking back, our largest update (Cartographer’s Gift) had 4 maps, Forge and 4 new weapons and our smallest update(infinties Armory) had 2 maps and 3 weapons. In addition, every update seems to fluctuate between large and smaller updates( BoSL smaller------>CG Large------>IA small----->HS Large-----> GoM smaller/medium) Following this pattern, Memories of Reach should have been a larger update right? It is going to introduce a new gametype, which are present in each of the 2 large previous updates. However MoR only introduces 1 map and 2-3 playable reqs. This would put this update in a bit above Infinity’s Armory, if you count a gametype as better than a WZ assault map. So yes, this update certainly falls within the typical range of gameplay content in updates, but its certainly toward the lower end. People were extremely overhyped for this update, but the actual gameplay additions are rather lacking instead. In addition, all the armors released are mythic, meaning they’ll be too rare for most players to obtain, and most of the other reqs are from the Spartan Armory reqs, meaning they were available before this update even came out. So this update has a low amount of content with almost half the reqs being already in the game. Do I think it will be a bad update? No. But do I know why some people are disappointed? Certainly…

I think they’re only counting the new map in it, but there’s going to be Infection variations (sometimes impressive ones according to Tom French) as well. So technically we’re getting several other maps AND Stasis.

> 2533274907200114;2:
> I think they’re only counting the new map in it, but there’s going to be Infection variations (sometimes impressive ones according to Tom French) as well. So technically we’re getting several other maps AND Stasis.

True but I didn’t include many forge maps either. All the forge maps added for btb, grifball, etc weren’t counted. Each update actually tend to introduce forge maps in some capacity. So unless MoR has some more forge maps outside of infection any map variations would be typical anyway.

First off. Most of those had other things added to them. Now We still do not know all that is being add to this one. there is still a bunch that they could add to the update that we have no idea about

> 2533274873844036;3:
> > 2533274907200114;2:
> > I think they’re only counting the new map in it, but there’s going to be Infection variations (sometimes impressive ones according to Tom French) as well. So technically we’re getting several other maps AND Stasis.
>
>
> True but I didn’t include many forge maps either. All the forge maps added for btb, grifball, etc weren’t counted. Each update actually tend to introduce forge maps in some capacity. So unless MoR has some more forge maps outside of infection any map variations would be typical anyway.

Fair enough I suppose.
I wouldn’t mind a new mapt that ISNT a bloody remix. What is it with them and their damn remixes anyway