Melee System; Your Thoughts?

As of now in Reach, when 2 players melee each other after both have been damaged a decent amount, both players just die.

I am definitely not a fan of this. I would prefer that the player with the most Health/Shields wins the Melee bash.

How do you think the Melee system should work? Also, is there Shield-Bleedthrough in Halo4? As this has a large effect on the Melee aspect of the game.

I do believe H4’s melee system has bleedthrough. I could be wrong… I just remember hearing it somewhere.

Tis a much better system. Double melee kills in Reach sucked.

The melee system in H4 looks a little clunky from what I’ve seen. But I liked the melee system in H2 and H3. I hated the Reach melee system. So hopefully 343i fine tunes the melee system and gives us something great.

> As of now in Reach, when 2 players melee each other after both have been damaged a decent amount, both players just die.

No, that’s not how it works. That’s how Halo 3 works.

Bleedthrough <3 !!!

> > As of now in Reach, when 2 players melee each other after both have been damaged a decent amount, both players just die.
>
> No, that’s not how it works. That’s how Halo 3 works.

You’re right. In Reach, both players melee regardless of damage given to each other, and trade.

I was’nt a fan of trading melee kills in Reach either. I guess bleedthough would do the trick.

What I noticed from the pro’s gameplay from E3 is that melee combat doesn’t occur very often. The weapons seem to do a good enough job at not allowing the enemy to get up close and personal.

It’d be nice if the amount of shields/health you have over your opponent will be your remaining amount after the bash/inb4 bleedthrough

Why, this system has been here since Halo 2 adapted it mid way through its cycle.

Anything that’s better than the double melees that go on in Reach lol.

Melee kills in Reach felt garbage. Hopefully 343i will give us something new and refreshing for melee kills.

As long as I don’t feel like I’m playing rock-em sock-em robots again whenever another player and I go to melee.

What if they went for the COD “knifing” method and have all melees be instakills?

Honestly, I was quite fine with double melee, the thing that pisses me off is when we both apparently pressed the trigger at the same exact millisecond and we both get killed by the BR/DMR, whatever.

> What if they went for the COD “knifing” method and have all melees be instakills?

Because panic knives.

I want 3 melee kills with bleedthrough. Melees should complement your main weapon, not serve as a weapon in their own right.

MLG does it right. Weak melees with bleedthrough to encourage shooting.

First to hit should be the first to deal whatever damage is associated with a melee strike, and shields shouldn’t stop that damage number from bleeding through. If that damage depletes the opponents health to 0 he should win. No trading melee kills to the extent that happens now. None of this whoever has more health wins.

> the thing that pisses me off is when we both apparently pressed the trigger at the same exact millisecond and we both get killed by the BR/DMR, whatever.

That’s due to the “un-lagged” code the game implements. It’s incredibly unfair, but it makes online play with distant people a plausibility, however sketchy it may be. For instance if the host is in the USA then USA players are going to have a lower ping (less latency) than say, EU players, which will be in the hundreds. So in a kill trade scenario, even though a USA player may have fired first and presumable hit the kill shot, the EU client tells the host that this player too fired and hit the kill shot during the latency delay, and so the host kills both players. Ugh. It’s messy, and responsible for such seemingly impossible feats such as getting shot through walls. It’s why I’d prefer it if Halo got region specific dedicated servers, or at least a P2P system that priorities your local area over others. Reach was meant to do that, but my experience with it was that it didn’t work all too well.

Halo is evloving if you cant handle change go back to halo 3… i swear you just want halo 3.5