Melee is overpowered!

Yeah you can 1-hit someone in the back without any defence against it this should be nerfed!

^
Think that is ridiculous? Well it is. So are any other “[Weapon/vehicle] is OP/UP” threads…

You people realize they have to calibrate each weapon and vehicle on each other? That they have to balance everything? Sure, they failed in this if I’m blunt. But it’s easily fixed.
How? Simply playtesting. And the only way to do this right is without lag. Whiiich is a huge problem.

Since the lag influences the results of all playtests, the weapons aren’t balanced well. Neither are the vehicles.

If they would want to balance everything out well, they’d need to get rid of the lag first. The most horrible problems should come first.
So if everyone would just agree on the real problems to be fixed before the smaller things… then Halo can actually become a sort of good again

It has been a 1 hit in the back game since it started.

What are you complaining about exactly?

This still doesn’t change the fact that some weapons need balancing. If what you say is true and lag does have a negative impact on playtesting then that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Logic Fallacy detection! You smack somebody in the back meaning to kill and tell me you won’t break their spine. I mean, really… you’ve resorted to this?

OT: Complaint threads help devs get “in the know” about issues in their game. Take the DMR for instance. People complain a lot about it, and a minority claims the masses don’t know what they’re talking about, and say it’s fine. Well, something has got to be wrong with it if about well, lets see, we peaked at about 400,000 players and now we struggle to keep 30-40k, so about 350,000 people complained and then proceeded to leave as their grievances were not catered to.

TL;DR, complaint threads can help, and if an over-whelming mass of people leave and before doing so they left a reason, something must be wrong with the topic they mentioned.

> It has been a 1 hit in the back game since it started.
>
> What are you complaining about exactly?

This here, ladies and gentleman, is a fine example of someone who does not even read the actual post.

Melee is fine. If you want to complain about something complain about the warthog having bloom when it’s not needed.

Or don’t turn your back to people, pretty simple.

> Melee is fine. If you want to complain about something complain about the warthog having bloom when it’s not needed.

> Or don’t turn your back to people, pretty simple.

> This here, ladies and gentleman, is also a fine example of someone who does not even read the actual post.

Oh my…

I’m outraged that the melee is so overpowered and that assassinations aren’t in first person! If this keeps up, I’m going to get so angry that I’ll mail a letter to myself so that I can yell at the wall about it!

No but really, OP is right, we’ll never be able to fix the balance with all this lag. If the can be fixed, we can get a more accurate measurement and decide what needs to be done from there.

It’s not over powered cause u have this thing called radar, this thread is a fail, many parts of this game are broken, don’t just act like something that has been in the game since day one is too cause it’s not, it’s just this bad game.

You will never get rid of lag.

If melee was the biggest issue h4 had, I would be happy.

Yes we should nerf it so we punch like kitties.

<mark>i got a better idea, WATCH YOUR RADAR also learn to deal with ninjas.</mark>

DMR OP is one thing… but now Meele is OP?

whats next? nerf other players cuz some people can’t deal with them?

> <mark>i got a better idea, WATCH YOUR RADAR also learn to deal with ninjas.</mark>
>
> DMR OP is one thing… but now Meele is OP?
>
> whats next? nerf other players cuz some people can’t deal with them?

We can bring the “Handicap” feature from Halo 2 back. Then again, after GDC that probably won’t go over well.

I don’t believe that many of these problems are lag related. The DMR still has large bullet magnetism and auto aim and aim assist, warthog was designed to do little damage and be made of tape, boltshot was consciously designed to have its range and damage, maps like exile were designed with items improperly placed to give unfair advantages, the gauss hog was designed (originally) to be ungodly overpowerful, etc.

These aren’t problems with connectivity they are just poor design choices. All are fixable though which is why I don’t get mad at 343 as long as we are still offering comprehensive solutions to problems on the forum and as long as there is hope of 343 implementing them via TU.

> <mark>i got a better idea, WATCH YOUR RADAR also learn to deal with ninjas.</mark>
>
> DMR OP is one thing… but now Meele is OP?
>
> whats next? nerf other players cuz some people can’t deal with them?

…Either read the post to the end or learn sarcasm/satire. Your error was either one or the other

Actually the 1 hit in the back has been in since CE

And the melee system is the exact same as halo 3, and no one really had a problem with it then. That is its still 6 AR bullets and a melee is just enough to kill you.

> > <mark>i got a better idea, WATCH YOUR RADAR also learn to deal with ninjas.</mark>
> >
> > DMR OP is one thing… but now Meele is OP?
> >
> > whats next? nerf other players cuz some people can’t deal with them?
>
> We can bring the “Handicap” feature from Halo 2 back. Then again, after GDC that probably won’t go over well.

Don’t give them ideas…Please…

@futbol luva
I agree lag is only an issue when you’re looking at someone and they start assasinating you because on their screen yoou’re not looking at them…

OP: Not entirely true. When one weapon has faster rate of fire and larger range of aim assist than others, it’s no brainer this weapon will become overpowered.

I’m still amazed how they designed Light Rifle as powerful long range weapon without making it overpowered in close range. Or how they adjusted spread and speed of projectiles in Storm Rifle and Suppressor, so they are balanced to Assault Rifle, which is hit scan. Or how they adjusted recoil so BR is ultimate headshot machine in close to mid range, but cannot hit target in far range. Or how they balanced automatic rifles to BR and Carbine…

…and after all of this, they messed up DMR so much it’s unbelievable.