Melee garbage

i am so freaking sick of getting the short end of the melee stick. I shot a guy twice with the light rifle and melee him. Nope doesn’t die but he hits me with a couple stray ar bullets and gets a killing blow with a melee. Don’t have a problem with this game minus the lack of consistency between melee and vehicle splatter damage.

Garbage matchmaking. TTK varies greatly in this game from match to match.

Ive noticed that too.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

I’m not trying to sound like a whiny -Yoink- who just wants an excuse for sucking cuz I for sure miss a lot of shots I shouldn’t if I ever wanted to be decent but come on. I don’t need an extra hand to suck even more at least grant me a double beat down. Why does ttk change so much? I remember older halos would lag sometimes and it would take more than normal shots to kill someone but I don’t think this game was lagging atleast based on how everyone was moving.

Plot twist… it was his shots that went a stray and his enemy shot him twice in the head and that is why he died and not his enemy.

I feel like the AR take down the shield very quickly and takes an eternity to finish the kill afterwards, explaining why you can melee and kill faster with it.

Was it halo 3 and reach you had to melee twice after shields dropped? Halo 4 had something similar, I think. Could be completely wrong, though.

I fall into a lot of stalemates when it comes to taking somes shields down and both of us melee at the same time. It happens a lot.

> 2533274812935863;8:
> Was it halo 3 and reach you had to melee twice after shields dropped? Halo 4 had something similar, I think. Could be completely wrong, though.
>
> I fall into a lot of stalemates when it comes to taking somes shields down and both of us melee at the same time. It happens a lot.

You are thinking of Reach, where a melee could only kill if the shields were completely popped first. Otherwise it always took two hits.

As for Halo 3, at launch, melee kills were pretty inconsistent. If two players went to melee each other at the same time, the player with more health would always win, even if both players shields were down. Later they updated the game to make melee’s more fair, and added the ability to kill each other if both players melee’d at the same time.

I’ve spartan charged someone and then got punch killed from the front even though I had full health and shields. The guy I spartan charged just walked away. Don’t think his shields even broke. Also have seen someone use the thrust twice in a second or two in arena. Like there is some way to thrust more than once without recharging it or something.

Bro. This.

I can charge a guy from the side, shooting him, then spartan charge him and as I start to spray him some more, he will kill me with a quick burst from his AR. And it’s not “Oh, that was weird” it’s “When is this going to stop -Yoinking!- happening?!”

Playing on Empire this morning, some guy runs through a frag grenade, and I nail him dead on with a shotgun blast, easily inside of 10 feet, and he spartan charges me to death.

I’m not good at getting headshots, but when I empty an entire -Yoinking!- AR/BR into an enemy Spartan, I expect that to be more than enough damage to put them down.

I think the melee from this game penetrates shields straight over into health if you have moderate shield strength, whereas in Halo 3/Reach your shields had to be nearly gone before a melee would finish your shields AND affect your health.

i think its the halo 3 melee system

> 2533274904555341;4:
> Glad to know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Ditto…