Megathread 4 those discussing halo4 ranks

Okay, since everybody is thinking this and that I would like to say that it is really messing up the forums.

So, here you can post your problem(as a heading) and then tell the pros and cons. Other people can comment on that and prove you wrong/agree with you. Then, after a few days I’ll
take the pros and cons from what everybody suggested and write it for everybody to view.
Let’s help the monitors and “keep it clean”.

PS. Please state your pros and cons like a list. And you can comment on some else’s
post. See you guys in the battlefield.

good idear personally i didnt really mind reaches system cus u never really know what to expect no matter what rank, could be a returning vet with low rank or a friend whose playing on someone with a high rank profile so i dont really care how the rank system goes and am not apposed to the hidden rank plus itll keep people from dropping from games just cus they see some high rank players on the the opposing team

> The title itself just seems negative to anyone who disagrees with hidden ranks, why would we want to discuss it here when it seems biased already.

because itll clean up the forums so we can discuss other things

can you change the title op im not sure never tried

> The title itself just seems negative to anyone who disagrees with hidden ranks, why would we want to discuss it here when it seems biased already.

You happy?

i personally feel that a hidden rank is a horrible idea why should I waste my time getting to a high level when no one but me can see it? Also to the person above that says that it will stop people from quitting, it win’t as soon as some people start losing/ being beaten senselessly there will always be that few that feel the need to quit.

> good idear personally <mark>i didnt really mind reaches system cus u never really know what to expect no matter what rank, could be a returning vet with low rank or a friend whose playing on someone with a high rank profile</mark> so i dont really care how the rank system goes and am not apposed to the hidden rank plus itll keep people from dropping from games just cus they see some high rank players on the the opposing team

That’s one of the reasons that made Reach terrible for me. Reach’s so-called “ranking system” was horrible! Bungie said before Reach came out that your rank would be hidden, but it would match you up fairly… boy was that a lie. It was pretty much Call of Duty-style the way they did it. It didn’t care who it matched you up with, it just wanted to get a quick game going. No-one should have to go in alone and find themselves up against a full team of Inheritors and Forerunners while they get an unorganized team full of the more “green ranks.” I’ve seen it happen countless times in Reach, and that is why we need an actual ranking system. No more Reach BS!

Now 343i may do things differently, but I want a good, visible ranking system that I can see so that I know I’m not getting screwed or someone is about to get screwed in a game because of a large gap in skill and teamwork; like the system is supposed to do! It’s not supposed to do as you described, otherwise, we get bad games and new guys suffer from getting stomped on by the more experienced players while more experienced players aren’t having fun because they aren’t being challenged. No more Reach “ranking system” and no more of it’s system of matching people up. It didn’t work.