Meeting Halsey

With all of these “Let’s get to know the characters of Spartan Ops better” posts, do you think they are trying to whet the appetite for a season 2 of Spartan Ops? Are they setting the stage? Why else would they be focusing on these characters?

Obviously Majestic are going to play a major role in the franchise, Thorne in particular. I think they want to keep us familiar with these characters so we don’t forget. I have to say though, I wish they put a bit more effort in the articles, it is just the same stuff copied/pasted from the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide. And if we get to “Meet Halsey” like your title says, I only have “ugh” to say to that article based on her own piece in the guide.

Yeah, it’s pretty weak-handed. I’d rather “stay familiar” with them by interacting with them, instead of reading small wikipedia articles on them.

I’m hoping that the reason they’re making this attempt to keep us familiar with the characters is that they’re going to reveal something soon.

I’m pretty sure Spartan Ops Season 2 will be included in Halo 5. I think the reason Master Chief has gone rogue is because he’s in search of the alleged traitor Halsey, which I think would line up with the timeline of Season 2.

> I’m hoping that the reason they’re making this attempt to keep us familiar with the characters is that they’re going to reveal something soon.
>
> I’m pretty sure Spartan Ops Season 2 will be included in Halo 5. I think the reason Master Chief has gone rogue is because he’s in search of the alleged traitor Halsey, which I think would line up with the timeline of Season 2.

Agreed. There is a hint of irony that Halsey is in the prologue, Chief says Halsey can fix Cortana and then when Halsey finally makes it to the Infinity, he isn’t there. Guess a guy has to cling to some hope.

> > I’m hoping that the reason they’re making this attempt to keep us familiar with the characters is that they’re going to reveal something soon.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure Spartan Ops Season 2 will be included in Halo 5. I think the reason Master Chief has gone rogue is because he’s in search of the alleged traitor Halsey, which I think would line up with the timeline of Season 2.
>
> Agreed. There is a hint of irony that Halsey is in the prologue, Chief says Halsey can fix Cortana and then when Halsey finally makes it to the Infinity, he isn’t there. Guess a guy has to cling to some hope.

The irony and the sheer cruelty raises quite a bit when you find out that no one ever told her that the Master Chief has been alive until SIX MONTHS after he’d been recovered.

Have been thinking season two is post Halo 5 for a while, and 3 would be post 6…or perhaps pre. This is a saga now afterall.

> With all of these “Let’s get to know the characters of Spartan Ops better” posts, do you think they are trying to whet the appetite for a season 2 of Spartan Ops? Are they setting the stage? Why else would they be focusing on these characters?

Why Halsey? Because you must know the beast before it can be slain.

> > With all of these “Let’s get to know the characters of Spartan Ops better” posts, do you think they are trying to whet the appetite for a season 2 of Spartan Ops? Are they setting the stage? Why else would they be focusing on these characters?
>
> Why Halsey? Because you must know the beast before it can be slain.

That’s an odd way of talking about Admiral Osman.

:wink:

> > > With all of these “Let’s get to know the characters of Spartan Ops better” posts, do you think they are trying to whet the appetite for a season 2 of Spartan Ops? Are they setting the stage? Why else would they be focusing on these characters?
> >
> > Why Halsey? Because you must know the beast before it can be slain.
>
> That’s an odd way of talking about Admiral Osman.
>
> :wink:

It looks like ONI is outright running things now…

I am hoping for the Chief to start caning the UNSC…

> > > With all of these “Let’s get to know the characters of Spartan Ops better” posts, do you think they are trying to whet the appetite for a season 2 of Spartan Ops? Are they setting the stage? Why else would they be focusing on these characters?
> >
> > Why Halsey? Because you must know the beast before it can be slain.
>
> That’s an odd way of talking about Admiral Osman.
>
> :wink:

You ought to be careful when saying things like that, ONI has been known to “euthanize” any who speak against their regime.

I think that these “character descriptions” are a sort of promo’s for Halo 4; The essenstial vislual guide.

> I think that these “character descriptions” are a sort of promo’s for Halo 4; The essenstial vislual guide.

Considering they are word for word the same as the articles in the guides, that is a safe bet.