Medals too small? why change to new designs?

well the medals are too small and for me the design is bad, why change something that is already amazing? I love the Halo 4 medals, keep that style please 343, why killing frenzy is not green? i like also the MCC medals.

Hey there!

Honestly I often see opinions like yours every time a new game in a series comes out. “Why didn’t you change the game this is a copy and paste!” or “Why did you make the game so different I miss the old stuff more!”. Now don’t get me wrong I am not saying your comments are unwarranted or invalid as everyone has opinions! I just feel like the devs and artists make changes from time to time to give a more refreshing look or because they want things to look more streamlined with the style they went with. I don’t see that these minor changes really affect anything and they personally don’t bother me, but these are just my opinions as well!

Cheers!

> 2533274857941075;2:
> Hey there!
>
> Honestly I often see opinions like yours every time a new game in a series comes out. “Why didn’t you change the game this is a copy and paste!” or “Why did you make the game so different I miss the old stuff more!”. Now don’t get me wrong I am not saying your comments are unwarranted or invalid as everyone has opinions! I just feel like the devs and artists make changes from time to time to give a more refreshing look or because they want things to look more streamlined with the style they went with. I don’t see that these minor changes really affect anything and they personally don’t bother me, but these are just my opinions as well!
>
> Cheers!

true but why change what is already perfect?is not about old stuff, is just the medals designs is something very personal of Halo, is also what makes Halo, Halo. Why change the colors of these medals? i am not against some minor changes of the symbol but the core should stay, is like just imagine " new halo come out and Master Chief armor is now yellow" masterchief color yellow makes sense? … is just that somethings are the spirit of Halo, and Medals icons are really a big part of it.

Im hoping they are placholder images. as I also agree,

I’d like to see the medals a lot bigger on the screen, and also maybe put them above the kill feed on the left of the screen, even better let us pick where they go. I also don’t like the design choices for the medals this time round, Halo 3/Reach have always been my favourite medals in terms of shape and colour, this time round I find myself looking at some of the spree medals not being able to tell which is which just by looking at them! This would of never happened in Halo 3. Hopefully they tune some of the medals colour and shape wise to make them seperate from other medals.

I really don’t like how they are right in the middle of the screen. I also hope there is an option to turn off that god awful CoD point system which is also right in the middle of the screen.
I imagine with it being a f2p game the customization options will be…infinite, so I hope you can buy a classic medal pack. These new ones are not doing it for me.

totally approuve !! medal and sound when double kill… is an important part of halo. Need to be more effective.

If they take inspiration for redesigning the madals it should definitely be from Halo:Reach. Medals should stand out and make you feel achieved when you get them, when they are minimalistic and don’t catch your eye then it looses the entire feeling of getting them in my opinion.

I don’t have an issue with the redesign of some of the medals but they could be a bit larger. Part of the fun is seeing the colours pop on screen, right now I have to squint and lean forward.