Meanwhile, in a parallel Universe.

So a lot of people on these forums are complaining like this - “Waah, I wanted this to be like Halo 3” “Nothing like 3” “CoD clone WTH!”

Now simply imagine if in some parallel universe or whatever 343i blatantly copied Halo 3 in every single aspect. Not one thing changed. Here’s what would happen.

“Wow 343i, thanks for changing nothing”
" Why waste money on this obvious Halo 3 Clone WTH?"
“This is exactly like 3 just slightly changed graphics and weapons, turning into CoD”

Please just be happy with the game you got. Change is good. Maybe 343i changed too much too fast but at its core it’s still a great game.

Halo fans need a new Halo game not another Halo 3. If you like 3 or Reach so much go and play them.

Change can be good, but people are slow to accept it whether its good or bad.

I like the game the way it is, and its unfortunate other people don’t see it that way, but to each his own.

I’ve enjoyed all the Halo games. Even Halo 3 was awful in some aspects. Dual wielding made some weapons underpowered (Plasma Rifle) and people spammed grenades like hell. But it was still fun to play.

> <mark>Change is good</mark>, but people are slow to accept it.
>
> I like the game the way it is, and its unfortunate other people don’t see it that way, but to each his own.

Change can be good but isn’t always good.
Just sayin’.

If they had released a copy of H3, I would quite literally pay twice the money they wanted for it.

Be better than this.

You were right that it has the core, yeah. But it’s not a great game yet.

If multi-verse theory is true…think of all the possibilities of what they would call Halo 4…

> Change can be good but isn’t always good.
> Just sayin’.

That’s understandable. Change is good for the most part, but not always.

I’ll edit my post to reflect that.

The game can be built off of halo 3 and then include additions that are good and fit into halo.

I think the things they changed in this game were all good. Minus the grenade nerfs.

I would play 20,000 games like I did of H3 and H2.

Finally somebody with sense. I can go back on halo 3 with a few buddies right now and have a blast if I wanted to.

change can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. but how i see it most people who like a game and stick with it dont want changes to it they want tweaks, so it stays what they like but continues to improve over time. and their is always room for improvement. but 343 dident want to tweak halo and send it because then it would still be bungies halo they wanted to make 343s halo. now that said i like halo 4 and play all the time but there are some things i wish they kept the same.

It appears that the OP has bought into the fallacy that people really only want a complete copy of Halo 3. That isn’t the case. The things people want are the solid, tried and true gameplay mechanics of Halo 3. Halo 3 was the kind of game that could be played at any distance while Halo 4’s gameplay pretty much requires expansive, long range environments to accommodate its gameplay.

We don’t want a H3 clone, we want a game that smartly expands upon the H3 formula without changing for the sake of change.
See this thread https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst170187_We-want-a-Halo-Game--not-a-H3-copy---Edited.aspx

I agree that 343 needed to shake up the foundation a bit, but universal sprint is not my favorite. Or ordnance drops, or insta-spawn, or armor mods. Weapon skins, though, are welcomed, since they are optional.

I would pay money for a halo 4 game which is basically a halo3 clone

/thread

> I would pay money for a halo 4 game which is basically a halo3 clone
>
> /thread

I would as well.

If I am honest, I think people that are disappointed with Halo 4 are those who expected 343 to be a straight up clone of Bungie and expected the game to remain virtually unchanged from Halo 3.

First Person Shooters have come a long way since the release of Halo 3 and in that time Call of Duty has become the model FPS for many.

Certain elements which may exist in CoD games have been brought in, and some don’t like that but the fact is, these elements are now part and parcel of FPS games, whether we like it or not and to not have them would have seen the game fail to appeal to many outside the Halo fanbase.

Whilst the fanbase for Halo is very large, to have appealed to that fanbase alone would likely have seen Halo 4 branded a failure. Halo 4 needed to appeal to casual FPS fans as well as Halo fans hence the result we have now, whilst it may not satisfy every Halo fan out there, it has certainly satisfied a large number of people and has likely won some new fans.

For their first ever game and to have inherited such a successful franchise 343 have done a very good job, even more so when they gave themselves a very tight schedule to work with.

Some elements of the game may need tweaking, but fixes don’t happen overnight, the folks at 343 have to go through thousands of lines of code and they have to ensure that if they fix one thing that it doesn’t cause another part of the game to stop working properly. Give them time and it will be fixed eventually, you may need to wait.

I’ve voiced my support for 343 and Halo 4 in a number of threads criticising the game only to be shouted down for it, it appears that those who support this game and call themselves halo fans should be -Yoink!- for having such an opinion.

I know the internet is a place of free speech but I do hope Mods start to crack down on threads that simply complain about this game and offer nothing constructive.

/rant

> If I am honest, I think people that are disappointed with Halo 4 are those who expected 343 to be a straight up clone of Bungie and expected the game to remain virtually unchanged from Halo 3.
>
> First Person Shooters have come a long way since the release of Halo 3 and in that time Call of Duty has become the model FPS for many.
>
> Certain elements which may exist in CoD games have been brought in, and some don’t like that but the fact is, these elements are now part and parcel of FPS games, whether we like it or not and to not have them would have seen the game fail to appeal to many outside the Halo fanbase.
>
> Whilst the fanbase for Halo is very large, to have appealed to that fanbase alone would likely have seen Halo 4 branded a failure. Halo 4 needed to appeal to casual FPS fans as well as Halo fans hence the result we have now, whilst it may not satisfy every Halo fan out there, it has certainly satisfied a large number of people and has likely won some new fans.
>
> For their first ever game and to have inherited such a successful franchise 343 have done a very good job, even more so when they gave themselves a very tight schedule to work with.
>
> Some elements of the game may need tweaking, but fixes don’t happen overnight, the folks at 343 have to go through thousands of lines of code and they have to ensure that if they fix one thing that it doesn’t cause another part of the game to stop working properly. Give them time and it will be fixed eventually, you may need to wait.
>
> I’ve voiced my support for 343 and Halo 4 in a number of threads criticising the game only to be shouted down for it, it appears that those who support this game and call themselves halo fans should be -Yoink!- for having such an opinion.
>
> I know the internet is a place of free speech but I do hope Mods start to crack down on threads that simply complain about this game and offer nothing constructive.
>
> /rant

you completely missed the fact that 343 in a way did become a clone of bungie by just making a clone of halo reach

bashing on halo 3 is pointless really when their biggest fail was just lazily copying every aspect of halo reach with some new textures and lighting and cod features

they did not even copy it enough to cover basic custom game options or a understandable UI or even a working file share system

people need to stop defending 343 or else they will never fix things because they think we are happy with a rushed half finished game

343 failed to understand that halo is halo for a reason and evolving it is great but be original about it, all they really have done is build off the failed shadowrun attempt of reach and add in extra elements of cod series

powerdrains and regens in halo 3 were annoying and sometimes noobish but at least they were to a certain degree original even though they were still slightly still copying shadowrun

god I wish they would make another shadowrun game, I would trade in halo 4 so quick

> they did not even copy it enough to cover basic custom game options or a understandable UI or even a working file share system

I think that the User Interface is perfectly easy to understand, the file share system they have built is one they have built from scratch afaik, and it’s not going to be perfect straight away.

They could release the file share right now but it’d be buggy as hell, which would you prefer a buggy file share now or a fully working file share a little later?

> people need to stop defending 343 or else they will never fix things because they think we are happy with a rushed half finished game

People can defend 343 if they wish, you cannot tell them what they can and cannot do. I’m not saying that Halo 4 is a complete game, there are still parts which do seem half finished.

Rather than simply bashing 343 why don’t you try and be constructive with your criticism rather than simply saying ‘this game sucks, I don’t like it, you did a terrible job and stop saying they did well’.

> 343 failed to understand that halo is halo for a reason and evolving it is great but be original about it, all they really have done is build off the failed shadowrun attempt of reach and add in extra elements of cod series

I’ve no idea what Shadowrun is so I can’t really comment about that. I’d disagree about building off of Reach, Reach and 4 are two different games made by two different companies, some elements such as Armor Abilites may have been taken onboard from Reach but they are two very different games in terms of playing style.

343 understood that Halo is Halo for a reason - and that reason is Chief (and Cortana).

Multiplayer maybe the major thing in gaming now, but at the Halo Franchise’s very Core is the storyline. Multiplayer may be the big selling point in a game but it is not the reason that Halo is Halo.

Elements made popular may have been added in and you may not like that fact but as I said, those elements are now standard for First Person Shooters.

rebut me all you want, call me a fanboy, call me an idiot, call me whatever you will, nothing will change the fact that I stand by 343 and that I think they have done a great job, but one that still needs some finishing touches and fixes in order for it to be an utterly brilliant job.