Me whining about warzone assault

So as I’m sure some people have realised by now we get 3 warzone maps and another 3 which are variants. I guessed this before and to be honest I really didn’t mind as I kind of expected it after 343 including forge maps in the map count.

I also didn’t mind them being varients as we didn’t see anything on warzone assault other than knowing it was base defend and capture which sounded fantastic. This meant they had to really overhaul these maps in the first place to balance these games and make the gameplay fun. I was really looking forward to seeing how they would make it work.

I thought as it uses req packs maybe 343 would think to design maps like invasion so areas would progressively get more open to accommodate the vehicles and power weapons. I also thought how would the bases be captured? Capture 2 parts to split the map up so it people won’t cluster in one spot? Arm and defend? Carry some object into the base like bomb assault to make more tactical gameplay?

But no

It’s exactly like original warzone. Teams just run in and stay in a base till it captures. They even spawn right outside the entrance so there’s not even and tactics for flanking. There is no point in getting the team to attack in time with each other like single flag as the defenders spawn so close. It’s just a mess. It’s run in and shoot that’s it.

The most annoying thing is despite the 3 maps, which all do look great, you end up fighting in bases which all look exactly the same. I mean they are identical. This would also not bother me so much if there’s good reason to defend outside (one bomb) but there is not, in fact it’s encouraged for all defenders to sit in the base. So this means vehicles don’t play a big part at all and remember this is 12 v 12 so that’s ridiculous.

So basically warzone assault seems like it was a last minute thing they added which seemed pretty ‘rushed’ (pun!!!) And I guess when they say we’re getting 6 warzone maps we’re actually getting 3.

Any of you nerds also think this?

Yeah Warzone assault is like the fat-free version of Warzone, cutting out the deliciousness fatty goodness that Warzone brings to the halo 5 multiplayer experience, creating a basic linear style play that looks like a less interesting version of invasion. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember there being the same PVE aspects in it like Bosses. I’ll probably not play it that much over regular Warzone if at all unless it give more REQ points.

I certainly hope warzone assault has a separate playlist apart from the original warzone. I don’t think it’ll be bad, but if I wanted to play bigger team battle, I’d go play that. I only want to dive into the warzone that’s been advertised since E3, not a watered-down version of it.

Kinda wish warzone assault was more like ‘rush’ where you’d go clear the objective, move up and do it again. guess that’s what forge is for.

> 2533274963187769;3:
> I certainly hope warzone assault has a separate playlist apart from the original warzone. I don’t think it’ll be bad, but if I wanted to play bigger team battle, I’d go play that. I only want to dive into the warzone that’s been advertised since E3, not a watered-down version of it.

It will be in a separate playlist which is good. It doesn’t look terrible but it had potential to be so much better

> 2535456533691021;4:
> Kinda wish warzone assault was more like ‘rush’ where you’d go clear the objective, move up and do it again. guess that’s what forge is for.

Yes! I have played hundreds of hours of rush and was my favorite mode on battlefield so you can imagine my disappointment after playing assault.

And sorry to bring sad news but there’s no forge in warzone. But after seeing the amount of crazy things in the new forge mode Ito be cool to see if people could make some sweet 8 v 8 rush