Me? Well, I'm an AR man myself...

So we’ve got all the buzz going around about the return of the BR and DMR, but what about the few who LOVE the AR? In Halo 3 (where it was really used in Multiplayer) it was subpar and overall weak. Reach changed that with bloom, and while it started out accurate if you held down the trigger you were bound to lose some firefights. The fact that Reach, first of all, made it look bad–Yoink- and second of all, useful, was one of the few things that really made me enjoy the game. Controlling my fire let me put down enemies in about half a clip, and it was great to see the AR done justice. What I’m saying is: 343, please keep the AR on par with the BR and DMR. Assuming its your standard weapon that you use from the beginning, and has had no headshot bonuses like the other rifles, give it some “oomph” and give me an insentive to use it over the precision weapons when the situation calls for it.

How about you guys? AR, BR, or DMR?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Noob!

>

Pros use the BR!

I also like the AR. Although it wasn’t accurate in reach I think the reach versions stopping power made up for it.

Not a noob, just enjoy variety. Sue me. I’m not begging for the AR to be four shot, hit scan, no bloom like the BR “pros” do. I’m simply saying tweak it so that it can still be considered a valid option in a firefight.

Better Rifle> 32 round pea shooter (So far). Charging straight forward is pretty silly IMO and it gets you -K/D.

Who knows? 343 (unlike Bungie post CE) might actually get the automatics right.

Personally, i can’t wait to get the BR back in my hands.

Hurray for AR!

I love the AR and the BR. Both are brilliant weapons! :slight_smile:

> >
>
> Pros use the BR!

You have that wrong, Pros use DMR.

> > Noob!
>
> Pros use the BR!

Anyone can use a BR. Only Pros can use the Plasma Pistol.

Imagine if the roles were switched and BR/DMR users were the minority of Halo players while the rest used the AR, simply because it was the “pro” gun. If this were the case, wouldn’t you like 343 to adjust the BR/DMR so that they were on the same level as other weapons? No standard rifle should be stronger than the other. Power weapons fill that role. Make them diverse, situational, and balanced.

> > >
> >
> > Pros use the BR!
>
> Anyone can use a BR. Only Pros can use the Plasma Pistol.

Pros use the plasma repeater.

> Not a noob, just enjoy variety. Sue me. I’m not begging for the AR to be four shot, hit scan, no bloom like the BR “pros” do. I’m simply saying tweak it so that it can still be considered a valid option in a firefight.

Right, I’ve been wanting a stronger version of the AR. I’m tired of the AR being outclassed by long range weapons and as a dropable starting gun.

I love AR death charging. :slight_smile:

CE AR’s power, with the Reach rate of fire, magazine size, and bloom.
Giving it the same power as in CE would reward headshots, and bloom would reward not spraying and praying.

> > >
> >
> > Pros use the BR!
>
> Anyone can use a BR. Only Pros can use the Plasma Pistol.

I can effectively use the plasma pistol and kill in rapid bursts, but I’m by no means a pro… It sucks to see that some peeps still don’t know just how deadly this weapon is.

I’m a Magnum lover.

“CE AR’s power, with the Reach rate of fire, magazine size, and bloom.
Giving it the same power as in CE would reward headshots, and bloom would reward not spraying and praying.”

I dont think bloom is coming back for any weapon. Even if it did, though, that seems fair. (No headshot bonus though, that trend is only for precision weapons I guess.) And that’s what I do in Reach: crouch, shoot 3-5 bursts unless they’re within range to unload completely.

> I dont think bloom is coming back for any weapon. Even if it did, though, that seems fair. (No headshot bonus though, that trend is only for precision weapons I guess.) And that’s what I do in Reach: crouch, shoot 3-5 bursts unless they’re within range to unload completely.

It wouldn’t be an instakill headshot, it would only shave a few shots off the total killtime, requiring consistent headshots in order to actually make any significant change in damage.
I’m not 100% on the specific StK for the CE AR, but the Plasma Rifle was somewhere around 15 body shots, while headshots lowered it to 9.

I want a reason to use it in mp, a firing AR just sounds like death.