MC's "cortana special armor"

Bs Angel stated in the bulletin that MC’s armor is Cortana’s special armor. So that means that there is a canonical reason why MC has a variant armor of the MK. VI

"I noticed that the Mark VI armor for Multiplayer is not the same armor that the Chief dons in Halo 4. What type of armor is the Chief wearing then? -One One Seven

Very fancy, very custom, very unique “Cortana special” armor."

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx

Thoughts?
Discuss below

Maybe that platinum armor that I was talking about in my other discussion?

> Maybe that platinum armor that I was talking about in my other discussion?

I thought platinum was just an avatar award, its really vague how she answered that question though…

I believe it’s got something to do with the crystalline layer that houses the AI, but I dunno whether or not that’s in the GEN2 stuff.

> I believe it’s got something to do with the crystalline layer that houses the AI, but I dunno whether or not that’s in the GEN2 stuff.

Care to elaborate, Im not much of a lore dude if it involves anything before Halo Wars lol

PLEASE be Mark VII.

It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor

> PLEASE be Mark VII.
>
>
> It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor

How did his armor upgrade though?? I know Cortana can only update the HUD

> PLEASE be Mark VII.
>
>
> It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor

It’s not. It’s a custom Mk. VI. Using recently-announced-within-the-lore nanobots, Cortana remodeled his armor and updated his HUD. But Chief nor Cortana have access to the Mk. VII design.

> > PLEASE be Mark VII.
> >
> >
> > It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor
>
> How did his armor upgrade though?? I know Cortana can only update the HUD

They said a while back it’ll be explained in game

> > I believe it’s got something to do with the crystalline layer that houses the AI, but I dunno whether or not that’s in the GEN2 stuff.
>
> Care to elaborate, Im not much of a lore dude if it involves anything before Halo Wars lol

All the MK V and MK VI variants could support carrying a shipborne AI. Four years later, with most of the newer spartans wearing GEN2 (which we don’t have all the specs for) this may be a unique trait to the Chief.

However, I’m starting to lean towards this being related to the upgrades cortana made to his armor’s firmware and stuff.

I would have rather they stuck with the explanation that it was a change in art style than coming up with a canonical reasoning behind this.

Nanobots as a guy said.

It’s nano-bots for the physical, i guess she controlled them and told them what to do, and as for the HUD, she upgraded that too.

> > PLEASE be Mark VII.
> >
> >
> > It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor
>
> It’s not. It’s a custom Mk. VI. <mark>Using recently-announced-within-the-lore nanobots</mark>, Cortana remodeled his armor and updated his HUD. But Chief nor Cortana have access to the Mk. VII design.

It’s recently announced for MJOLNIR Armor but Bungie mentioned “Nanomachines” Back in 2007. Nanotechnology has been around for a long time and they’re now saying that it is also part of MJOLNIR.

I kinda like how completing the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary gives you Mark VI :smiley:

> > > PLEASE be Mark VII.
> > >
> > > It’s talked about in Halsey’s journal so… It’s real but I hope it’s Chiefs new armor
> >
> > It’s not. It’s a custom Mk. VI. <mark>Using recently-announced-within-the-lore nanobots</mark>, Cortana remodeled his armor and updated his HUD. But Chief nor Cortana have access to the Mk. VII design.
>
> It’s recently announced for MJOLNIR Armor but Bungie mentioned “Nanomachines” Back in 2007. Nanotechnology has been around for a long time and they’re now saying that it is also part of MJOLNIR.

Yeah we get that nano-machinery exists within the Halo universe, but that doesn’t excuse sudden tangents in established fictional elements. Mk VI suddenly having nanobots isn’t a stretch, it just totally breaks the consistency and flow of the fiction that we all thought we knew.

It also just isn’t worth the upheaval and disruption as there are simply better ways to explain away the Chiefs new armor. Personally I think they should have just said it’s artistic license, they’ve done it with the FUD so why not with the Chief? It sets a dangerous precedent for the fictional world as a whole, meaning anything can be potentially changed at short notice with no build-up or clues or hints. It’s amazing that the very first thing in Halo 4 is so rife with issues and problems.

Consistency is the biggest problem in Halo 4. Canonically, artistically… what a mess.

> Yeah we get that nano-machinery exists within the Halo universe, but that doesn’t excuse sudden tangents in established fictional elements. Mk VI suddenly having nanobots isn’t a stretch, it just totally breaks the consistency and flow of the fiction that we all thought we knew.

Find me a canon source that says MJOLNIR never had Nanotechnology. You can’t because they never said it didn’t. His armor has a lot of bits and technology that has never been explained and therefore there are no established facts that can be contradicted. It would be different if a diagram somewhere said it lacked this or that and now they’re saying it actually did, but that’s not the case.

His armor has Nanotechnology. This is now an established fact.

> > Yeah we get that nano-machinery exists within the Halo universe, but that doesn’t excuse sudden tangents in established fictional elements. Mk VI suddenly having nanobots isn’t a stretch, it just totally breaks the consistency and flow of the fiction that we all thought we knew.
>
> Find me a canon source that says MJOLNIR never had Nanotechnology. You can’t because they never said it didn’t. His armor has a lot of bits and technology that has never been explained and therefore there are no established facts that can be contradicted. It would be different if a diagram somewhere said it lacked this or that and now they’re saying it actually did, but that’s not the case.
>
> His armor has Nanotechnology. This is now an established fact.

That’s not how you prove something, by what a thing doesn’t have. I can say that nowhere has it been said that Mk VI doesn’t have a time travel device built into it, so that doesn’t mean that 343i can suddenly add that into the universe and claim that its simply always been there but never mentioned.

It’s just bad storytelling, plain and simple.

> > PLEASE be Mark VII.
> >
> >
>
> It’s not. It’s a custom Mk. VI. Using recently-announced-within-the-lore nanobots, Cortana remodeled his armor and updated his HUD. But Chief nor Cortana have access to the Mk. VII design.

I knew I was Right All Along!!! But People Wouldn’t Listen, View this post that I posted a couple of months ago
https://forums.halo.xbox.com//yaf_postst81992_Master-Chief-New-Armor---The-Full-Story.aspx

> PLEASE be Mark VII.
>
>

I really like all of the MARKS
BUT THE MARK V is my favorite

This one could replace it