MCC - Xbox One X performance regression video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiJ6TJVcbE4
Needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

Drops in the sub 30’s? That’s ridiculous. I’m assuming it doesn’t use DRS?

1 Like

Like I describe in the video description it’s important to not get hung up on the numbers seen in the analysis, but based on how the game looks and feels directly from the source machine it definitely cuts in half a lot of the time and feels really sluggish. Highly unstable framerate. Don’t have the equipment necessary to make a truly accurate analysis, but as a PC building enthusiast for 20+ years and a platform agnostic gamer for 30+ years I know based on responsiveness and visual feedback what runs at or around 30fps.

It actually does use DRS, but it tends to stay around just under 1900p and native 4K. That aspect has not changed from what I can gather. But yeah - it’s been like this for 3 years almost. Just want them to start focusing on these types of things instead of cosmetics and new achievements.

1 Like

It uses DRS and still drops in the sub 30’s? I still have my Xbox One X and I would think it would be able to run Halo 2 with no problem, especially using DRS. I get over 400fps in Halo 2 Anniversary on my PC at 5120x1440 with a 3080.

That’s the whole point of the video; It didn’t have any issues running it or any of the other titles at said res interval or locked 4K at 60fps prior to the Reach patch. Been trying to get their attention with my support tickets ever since, but their priorities have been whack. It’s been a long time during which the game essentially has been unplayable. MCC runs like a dream on potato PCs, but I refuse to double dip just because they break something on a platform that used to be their main platform of choice.

2 Likes

Sounds like 343i alright.

shouldn’t be any slowdown on h2a since it uses the halo 4 engine.

they seem to have the habit of fixing a few things and breaking others.

edit;

i actually meant the campaign uses the saber 3d engine like halo anniversary but the halo 2a mp uses the halo 4 engine.

regardless the game shouldn’t lag like that, that’s a pretty bad performance issue.

2 Likes

Managed to post this under the Infinite section. If a moderator could move it to the correct one that would be awesome.

2 Likes

I’ve been blown away by this.

For me, on the Xbox One X, Halo 2A is just unplayable. I actually find myself switching back to classic graphics because it is so clunky in anniversary mode.

I’ve been surprised as well by low res textures popping in and out in Halo 3 and Reach. The entire point of the collection is playing these games in higher resolution, how has this not been resolved?

I know exactly what you mean. Been waiting for it to be restored to it’s former 4k60fps glory days ever since I started reporting it to 343 via their support ticket system three years ago. I mean they did break the product that made me buy a X1X which used to be the top tier platform for the game. Like you say; It’s unplayable. I really like playing CE and 2 in their classic modes, but the remastered visuals in 2 are excellent and actually very true to the original. This however has made me not want to touch Halo at all during this time.

1 Like

Thanks for this thread, I thought it was only me. Halo 2 anniversary is my favourite halo… And now its unplayable.

1 Like

Nice to hear another voice on this too so to speak. This shows yet another problem with the all digital era and the importance of letting users manually revert patches I think. There is no way for me to experience the game in the same state as it was promised when I bought it.

1 Like

They don’t care. H2A has very old coop crashing issues that have never been fixed. The performance started to degrade immensely after the Reach update.

It even runs like crap on the Series X while other games can pull 60-120 with no problems :facepunch:

1 Like

Yeah on One X I know exactly when (and probably why) it happened. Wrote a bit about it here:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/halo-2-anniversary-is-unplayable-in-its-current-state/549745/5?u=duckierterror41

Series X however from what is demonstrated in the link below runs perfectly fine at 60fps at least:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxZs9LqIOzjMwxCQF7x4vW8cofJcoiQeDJ
Can’t speak for other levels though or how it runs as of lately.

2 years ago on SX @ 120fps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5zi-E0f8TE&t=812s
Poor 120fps performance for sure, but again I can’t comment on the current situation on SX.

2 Likes

It has quite a few random drops below 60 scattered throughout the campaign. I think Delta Halo and Heretic were quite serious offenders. CE:A also has a few loading freezes that should not exist with that hardware.

It’s hilarious that Forza Horizon 5 and Doom Eternal run like a dream and MCC is kinda doing its thing :slight_smile:

My tickets were all closed 1-2 years ago with no real answer.

1 Like

Ditto. I had a lot of tickets out and would consistently get those emails that were like “hey, we didn’t fix it, but by any chance is it fixed?”

1 Like