MCC won't launch after update

After that massive update the game won’t even start for me, I’ve tried force quitting and hard reservations. any help would be appreciated.

Not starting at all ? Is it your xbox that shows that message like: ‘somethig went wrong, try later’ ? Or is it that you are stuck at the loading screen withe the halo?
Of course you should try to disinstall the whole thing and reinstall it, maybe without using the intelligent delivery.
Let us know these details

> 2533274867589737;1:
> After that massive update the game won’t even start for me, I’ve tried force quitting and hard reservations. any help would be appreciated.

How did you install the title - meaning Disc, Digital, Game Pass?
Did you prioritize the installation?
Do you own ODST? If yes, did you select to install it?
What version of the Xbox One do you have?

> 2533274792014876;3:
> > 2533274867589737;1:
> > After that massive update the game won’t even start for me, I’ve tried force quitting and hard reservations. any help would be appreciated.
>
> How did you install the title - meaning Disc, Digital, Game Pass?
> Did you prioritize the installation?
> Do you own ODST? If yes, did you select to install it?
> What version of the Xbox One do you have?

I’m having this issue also. Whenever I launch the game it immediately goes to the xbox dashboard with no error whatsoever. I was able to play halo 1 while it was downloading yesterday. I went to bed and now I cannot launch MCC at all. I have hard reset the console and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still have the issue.

I installed the game from disc
I did not prioritize the installation, however I did uncheck downloading the halo 4 campaign after I was able to launch MCC the first time.
I own ODST and selected to install it.
I’m using a limited edition base Xbox One (Call of Duty Limited Edition Gray)

EDIT: Reinstalling Halo 3 ODST fixed my issue.

> 2533274792014876;3:
> > 2533274867589737;1:
> > After that massive update the game won’t even start for me, I’ve tried force quitting and hard reservations. any help would be appreciated.
>
> How did you install the title - meaning Disc, Digital, Game Pass?
> Did you prioritize the installation?
> Do you own ODST? If yes, did you select to install it?
> What version of the Xbox One do you have?

Sorry for the late reply, I digitally downloaded it. and yes I have ODST and ive tried to uninstall/reinstall to no avail. and I’m playing on XB1X

> 2533274867589737;5:
> > 2533274792014876;3:
> > > 2533274867589737;1:
> > > After that massive update the game won’t even start for me, I’ve tried force quitting and hard reservations. any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > How did you install the title - meaning Disc, Digital, Game Pass?
> > Did you prioritize the installation?
> > Do you own ODST? If yes, did you select to install it?
> > What version of the Xbox One do you have?
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I digitally downloaded it. and yes I have ODST and ive tried to uninstall/reinstall to no avail. and I’m playing on XB1X

Can you try re-installing it, but install ODST first?

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE. Never should a console not be able to play the game from a disc. Four hours now and same old cliche responses. I am not redownloading over 70 gigs.

I know this is an old post but im having the same problem. I couldn’t even load the game after 5% to use intelligent delivery. I do not own ODST, well I do but not in the correct format. Let me guess if I spend 2.99 or whatever all my problems will go away.

> 2533274940314936;8:
> I know this is an old post but im having the same problem. I couldn’t even load the game after 5% to use intelligent delivery. I do not own ODST, well I do but not in the correct format. Let me guess if I spend 2.99 or whatever all my problems will go away.

I doubt that would fix it.

New update today, with some stability enhancements. I would try getting the latest update and see if it starts working.

> 2533274940314936;8:
> I know this is an old post but im having the same problem. I couldn’t even load the game after 5% to use intelligent delivery. I do not own ODST, well I do but not in the correct format. Let me guess if I spend 2.99 or whatever all my problems will go away.

Could you please try re-installing the title?

I have the same issue with the most recent update, I’ve tried to reinstall it 2 times. Nothing. I played it on Friday (11/2/18) with no issue now it won’t load up (it’s the disk version with NO damage whatsoever. it gives me the 0x82D40004 error like I never put the game in at all.

Has anyone fixed this? same damn problem, why the sell a game if we cant even open it? good job 343

Has there been a fix to this? The game wont start for me as well.

Same problem
just downloaded it from the game pass
unreal

Funny enough but I have been getting an Issue where I launch the game and it will kick me back to the dashboard, but when I try again it will work, usually.

Its been happening to me too. Except for me it seems to be linked to xbox parties. The game runs fine when im not in one but as soo as i am in a aparty whether they are playing mcc or not my game will not run and will just freeze up. Interestingly enough when I leave the party or open the menu the game seems okay again. This is making it difficult for me to even play mcc with others.

I have this problem where I’ve installed halo ce-halo 4 both campaigns and multiplayer and I try to play either one but it says that they’re not installed, please help

Same problem… just freezes while trying to load… so frustrating… can still hear the halo music playing eventho the game is stuck loading.
Worked fine before the huge update recently.

Wow! O.k. I thought it was stuck, the loading prompt stopped moving and everything. Was writing this complaint and it literally went to the main menu and works fine. BUT it did take a really long time to get there. Like 3 to 5 mins! Maybe try waiting awhile and it will magically work like it did for me?

I’ve been pretty much unable to play this after the last update.

I’ve reinstalled the game twice and have encountered unresponsive loading. Sure the game starts, but after the two Video logo sequences its nothing but loading issues. First the game takes 10 minutes plus to load the press button to start menu. Once you get there it could could lock up and take 10 more minutes to load up the select mode screen. Whenever I try to start the campaign it seems to freeze for five or ten minutes until it starts. During any of this, I can’t open the guide or the game becomes completely unresponsive.

My friend and I both ran into there issues. We are both running the game on an Xbox One X.

My game is on the internal storage.

I’m having these same issues where I press the menu button to start and the loading symbol freezes but the music is still playing :expressionless: