MCC Profile Avatar

I was just curious if anyone knows if there are plans on Halo Reach Avatars in the works for the MCC. The current Avatars aren’t really good. The best one I’ve seen is Cortana’s Rampant Avatar, but I believe Reach could make out some amazing Avatars worth achieving and showing.

Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.

I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
>
> I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.

I would sure like your idea a whole lot more. The current one I use is a Knight Battlewagon, which is cool but it’s not very personalized to me. Having your own character would be much better.

> 2535469888311475;3:
> > 2533274978592987;2:
> > Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
> >
> > I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.
>
> I would sure like your idea a whole lot more. The current one I use is a Knight Battlewagon, which is cool but it’s not very personalized to me. Having your own character would be much better.

Kewl! I use the Halo 2 Scarab.

If the static avatars do stay however, additional Reach options are always welcome. Makes it full circle.

Yes I agree. I’ve been hoping for some Reach ones for quite some time now. Noble Team (including Colonel Holland), Skirmishers, BOB, etc., they could come up with some really great designs here.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
>
> I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.

That’s actually a hell of a lot better to choose your Spartan, especially if they make it a separate avatar for each game. I’d still be fine if you had to choose between one Halo game to display it, but that does seem logical considering your Spartan/Elite was shown for Halo 3/Reach. I do miss going through and looking at everyone’s creations. I hope that will be the case!

> 2533274978592987;2:
> Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
>
> I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.

I suspect something like this as well, given how easy it would be for 343 to add additional avatars, they probably would have done it by now if they wished to.

sgt paloogoo maybe tell them to give us special nameplates/avatar from 2014 that we all miss it the other days

We should definitely get Halo Reach avatars or a customizable avatar at the least

What, you’re not a fan of condescending Lord Hood?

Would love to have Jun as my avatar.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
>
> I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.

I don’t like this idea. The avatars are linked to unlocks within MCC anyway, and imo are more original since they represent far more aspects of Halo than the player character we spend a ton of time looking at now.

Furthermore, which of the 7 games are we going to be able to display our character from? Any of them?

> 2533274827316304;12:
> > 2533274978592987;2:
> > Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
> >
> > I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.
>
> I don’t like this idea. The avatars are linked to unlocks within MCC anyway, and imo are more original since they represent far more aspects of Halo than the player character we spend a ton of time looking at now.
>
> Furthermore, which of the 7 games are we going to be able to display our character from? Any of them?

I do understand where you’re coming. I had a lot of fun striving to unlock all static avatars. It’d be tragic if that simply went away.
But yeah, I’d say any of them. Even Halo CE, & ODST. I don’t see it to be too far fetched, considering all customization models have been ported to the Unreal Engine.

> 2533274978592987;13:
> > 2533274827316304;12:
> > > 2533274978592987;2:
> > > Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
> > >
> > > I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.
> >
> > I don’t like this idea. The avatars are linked to unlocks within MCC anyway, and imo are more original since they represent far more aspects of Halo than the player character we spend a ton of time looking at now.
> >
> > Furthermore, which of the 7 games are we going to be able to display our character from? Any of them?
>
> I do understand where you’re coming. I had a lot of fun striving to unlock all static avatars. It’d be tragic if that simply went away.
> But yeah, I’d say any of them. Even Halo CE, & ODST. I don’t see it to be too far fetched, considering all customization models have been ported to the Unreal Engine.

> 2533274827316304;12:
> > 2533274978592987;2:
> > Good point. Don’t quote me on this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that 343 plans to phase out the current static image avatar system, and replace it with allowing us to display our customizable spartans/elites.
> >
> > I have nothing to back up this claim, but it seems logical to me.
>
> I don’t like this idea. The avatars are linked to unlocks within MCC anyway, and imo are more original since they represent far more aspects of Halo than the player character we spend a ton of time looking at now.
>
> Furthermore, which of the 7 games are we going to be able to display our character from? Any of them?

I mean since they’re already achievable content, they could just add if you could choose to set an avatar as your personal Spartan if someone like me were to prefer that over these Avatars. Imo, the avatars aren’t even that good to showcase for achieving, and the ones that have actual challenges, you get a GamerScore achievement for anyways. The only good avatars are the ones for players who got the golden Halo 2 avi.

I use the Halo CE Elite Minor avatar because Halo CE’s Elites are my favourite. I wish they had the Elite Major, though. I would like to use that instead.