MCC potential fail safe for H5?

Anyone ever thought that what if Halo 5: Guardians had the same effect as H4, that potentially MCC will potentially be the go to halo?

Speculation of course, what do you guys think?

Why would it be? It’s all the games we played before, just with a few new things and updated graphics. H5: G and H4 were brand new models, so to speak.
I mean, falling back on it would be an option for some, but it would get very stale after a while. The H3 and HR fall-back only lasted so long for most people.

Here’s the thing, each Halo game has its own separate branches of loyalists. Heck some buddies of mine way back didn’t even want to touch Halo 2 after experiencing Custom Edition.

Others swear Halo Combat Evolved has the only “legit” Multiplayer experience. Yah. It’s safe to say the collection will bolster those who even favored both Combat Evolved & Halo 2 notably above Halo 3, etc…

But I want to think positively for the future of Halo.

I’m starting to wonder if we’ll see halo 5 multiplayer in the MCC unified interface. It has the potential to become the single matchmaking system now and for future titles.

> I’m starting to wonder if we’ll see halo 5 multiplayer in the MCC unified interface. It has the potential to become the single matchmaking system now and for future titles.

hmm…that would be quite epic.
like…if you buy halo 5, you can just go back to halo mcc and unlock the playlists for halo 5 on that disc?

I feel like if Halo 5 Multiplayer doesn’t live up to expectations there will be people moving over to play the MCC due to the previous Halo multiplayers everyone loves. But me? I’ll play H5 Multiplayer as much as I play H4 multiplayer.

To the OP: Absolutely.

IMO the biggest hurdle to the success of MCC and H5G is the requirement to purchase an Xbox One. If that doesn’t stop people, then halo matchmaking is set for the next several years.

> > I’m starting to wonder if we’ll see halo 5 multiplayer in the MCC unified interface. It has the potential to become the single matchmaking system now and for future titles.
>
> hmm…that would be quite epic.
> like…if you buy halo 5, you can just go back to halo mcc and unlock the playlists for halo 5 on that disc?

Yep basically, if you own MCC then you have everything. If you own just Guardians you get the interface but only the guardians content as the search filters. If you own both then either disc/digital game spins up the interface and has all the content ready to go.

They’ve put in unique audio, backgrounds, spinning up the game engine per vote variant per game etc. It just seems kind of like a real unified experience even if it’s new games being added.

> > > I’m starting to wonder if we’ll see halo 5 multiplayer in the MCC unified interface. It has the potential to become the single matchmaking system now and for future titles.
> >
> > hmm…that would be quite epic.
> > like…if you buy halo 5, you can just go back to halo mcc and unlock the playlists for halo 5 on that disc?
>
> Yep basically, if you own MCC then you have everything. If you own just Guardians you get the interface but only the guardians content as the search filters. If you own both then either disc/digital game spins up the interface and has all the content ready to go.
>
> They’ve put in unique audio, backgrounds, spinning up the game engine per vote variant per game etc. It just seems kind of like a real unified experience even if it’s new games being added.

That would be great! If this is the case, they might as well call it Halo: Xbox One like before.

> I’m starting to wonder if we’ll see halo 5 multiplayer in the MCC unified interface. It has the potential to become the single matchmaking system now and for future titles.

I rather 343 not get used to “abandoning ship” tactics, which would be slapping a failure alongside with multiple other great to bad games in a collection…

I’m not saying I wont except that idea. It would be much easier to travel game to game, but I think 343 would be hurting their confidence and start being fearful. If the game can sustain itself, it should stay as a standalone (even if it can’t). A collection like MCC should be a rare thing/ 1 time deal.

Cool concept, but I’m not sure I like it. A game lobby within a game lobby (within another lobby?) feels over-engineered to me.

I’d rather XB1 be the lobby for access to all games, where MCC is its own game, and Guardians another, etc.

I know Microsoft software from my career, there’s usually seven ways to go about the same thing, where just one would suffice. Video games, especially video game menus, need to be simple. Halo 4’s overwrought attempt at a metro menu is proof of this.

I’m certain MCC is more like a guide for H5G’s direction, not a fail safe. These games were and are still popular, but there has to be, finally, a new stunning halo game.

I assume one would need the digital version for at least one of the games for this to work.

It’s unlikely, but this feature is honestly my most wanted feature for Halo in general. Keeping the entire community together would be a fantastic way to make the Halo community stronger and more successful in a world dominated by Call of Duty, yearly releases, and free to play games.

In all honesty though, I doubt that the shot-callers at MS have the balls to do this or even the understanding of why it would be a good thing. One can hope, though.

I would love this as I’m 100% digital. How convenient & cool would a unified interface be moving forward.

Plus, if you’re a disc only guy, it technically doesn’t affect you negatively (as you could only play the current game anyway) right???

So you put in your H5 disc and it brings up H5 MM within the interface (other either grayed out or not there). This will give people more incentive to go digital (which makes more money per sale for 343 / MS) but at the same time doesn’t hurt the people that don’t want digital.

Also maybe a ‘check the box’ for which menu music you want. Do you like Halo 3 menu music? Just check it. Like the ‘new music’? check that only. Want variety check them all for random.

Win / Win

To be 100% honest.

Unless Halo 5 blows me away, I’ll be playing MCC for many, many years to come.

I feel most likely MCC will be my “go to” game.

I just feel like unless Halo 5 is a game breaking, finally 343 gets it! type of game then I believe MCC will live on and potentially be the go to title. Lets face it the majority of halo fans love the classic arena style based halo that 1-3 brought, and don’t like reach or H4. Unless H5 returns to its roots and tries something different then I can see it being %110 mainstream

Absolutely yes! MCC will be played for many years! Not only if H5 will be a fail… many people love to play old halo also…

I would like if MCC will become an Halo HUB, where halo 5 and Halo 6 will be added (6 months - 1 year after come out).

> Why would it be? It’s all the games we played before, just with a few new things and updated graphics. H5: G and H4 were brand new models, so to speak.
> I mean, falling back on it would be an option for some, but it would get very stale after a while. The H3 and HR fall-back only lasted so long for most people.

Reach’s population is consistently higher than Halo 4’s.