MCC Performance Issues

Hello.

I’m turning here because I’m sort of at a loss on what to try next.
Just purchased MCC from Steam. I seem to get getting horrible frame rates for the quality of computer I have.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING X570-PLUS w/ 32 GB of RAM

My 3D Mark demo score of 9272 and my research seems to indicate I should be able to run any of the Halos at least at playable levels, yet my FPS is 12 for Reach and like 4 for Halo 4. NVIDIA’s software sets the graphic options, but even if I tone it down to the lowest setting it still is unplayable. Even on Halo 1 my FPS usually maxes out at 45.

In Reach if I load up the first mission my FPS is 15 while on performance settings. If I Rt Click (which looks like zoom?) and then stare at my feet I can get to framerate cap of 60. I look up it plummets again. If I use recommended settings by NVIDIA and do same test my FPS is usually like 6 to 8 but I can max it again by looking at my feet and zooming in.

Personally I tend to play more RPGs but my son is more into shooters. He plays Doom Eternal, Destiny 2 and Valorant all without any issues. I’m not really keen on doing an entire OS reinstall just find out why this one series is hanging up so much. Any ideas before I try for a refund?

I have the exact same issue with my setup. My FPS on Halo 3 campaign never goes above 15 regardless of the settings I change. I have a Ryzen 1700, RX570, and 16GB ram, so this shouldn’t be an issue. The game is unplayable at this point and I’m considering getting a refund from steam. Other games from 2007 easily play near 300fps. MSI afterburner shows my GPU never gets above 400mhz even though it’s capable of 3x that.

Do you have any Razer programmes running - eg Razer Cortex? If so, try disabling them

No razer programs running. Other games don’t seem to have this issue for me just Halo and worst of all Halo 3. Halo:CE and Halo 2 run at 30fps.

Following. I’m having very similar issues but I’ve had MCC on PC since release and this hasn’t been an issue in the slightest until today

Oddly enough I was originally playing campaign on my Linux partition without issue but switched back to Windows when that partition showed signs of failure. Need to snag a new nvme and retry via Linux.

Update: reinstalled Linux to a new nvme. Installed Steam and enabled latest non-experimental Proton. Campaign for Halo 3 now running at 60fps with absolutely no variances or dips. Finally back to a playable game. Not a solution for everyone but it’s working for me.